The "Things that annoy me" thread

BUILD A WALL

I let the vines take over the fence so I don't have to see him. Does that count?

Ah, make him pay to clean up what overgrows to his yard, I like it.

I have to ship parts to customers and we use UPS. They updated their website sometime in April and since then I've had to deal with the most frustrating log in process. I have to choose the country, fine but I can't just sign in after that because....

singuplogin.PNG

It's one link, not 2.

singuppage.PNG

Yes, I already have an account, thank you.

So I make the label and all that fun stuff. I need to make another label so I choose the "create new shipping label" and what does it do? Bring to the last shipment re-printing the label. So now I have to log out and log back in between each label because once you make one, the Create a Label link seems broken and reprints the label instead.

We haven't had a land line telephone since we bought this home 10 years ago. When we remodelled last year, we pulled out all of the old phone wiring and repurposed the jacks, and removed all wiring from the crawlspace under our home. We recently switched to fiber internet, so there are no "traditional" telecom wiring in our home at all.

This morning, we found the cover/door of the Telephone Network interface box on the ground in front of the wall-mounted box outside of our home.

The box says "Pacific Bell", but they don't exist anymore, so it's AT&T.

I called AT&T, and when I said "Pacific Bell", they said that wasn't them: they are AT&T.

Then I confirmed with them that they took over Pacific Bell. They eventually agreed.

Then they said they would have to send a tech to inspect the box to confirm the specs and the situation. Then if everything checks out, they would have to come back over the course of 3 trips (over the course of up to 3 weeks, to cut-off all service, then replace the box, then re-hook up service). This would be performed at no charge. 4 trips, multiple techs, and new equipment.

I asked if they could just remove it, since it's super ugly and there are 3 extra cables hanging over our driveway and looping/dangling where they connect to the box, and there are no wires leaving the box to enter our home. They said yes. They said that it's a 20 minute, single trip for just one tech.

For $199. *sigh*

The cables could also miraculously disappear in a storm, couldn’t they? Then you’d have no reason to keep the box.

True, but I really want to remove the extra cables going from the telephone pole to my home, over my driveway. Right now, it's 4 different cables, when we only require the one super skinny fiber line, and the metal wire that is attached to my roof that the fiber line follows. Two very skinny lines that most birds don't even perch on. The thicker ones, birds land on, and they are right above my car. And we're right near a berry tree, so there's lots of pink bird shit on our cars all the time.

And while I'm Ok with removing this box, there's still the matter of taking care of these extea cables. i was able to get them down to $99, though, so it's at least something.

New annoyance. i've been thinking about an item that's been on sale for weeks, and there was always stock available. Decided I wanted it today. Check online: sold out. Checked listing of all local stores: all sold out except one, that showed one on hand. Tried to buy it online, it wouldn't let me. Called the store, and got the automated system which said they had "limited stock on hand". Called back and talked to a person in the department, to find out that they are completely sold out.

The promotion that would have saved me $80 ends this weekend.

*sigh*

Home Depot's "alert me when it's in stock" is useless. I signed up both through the app with my own account, and then also with another email using the "I don't have an account" method. Neither let me know that this item was back in stock. i saw a post on Slickdeals that someone noticed they were back up online. But to get it, i still have to drive to two different stores, because neither store has each piece I need to get the sale price. (It's a "buy this battery kit, get a tool for free" sort of deal...one store has the tool I need, but not the battery kit. One store has the battery kit, but not the tool.) *sigh*

On the plus side, I live within 40 minutes of about 6 Home Depots. 5 of them are within 25. So I guess I can't complain all that much...but I still will.

Bays brand english muffin packaging. Just looking at the plastic wrong, causes the packaging to rip down almost it's entire length, making it hard to re-seal if you're not eating all 6 muffins. The plastic reminds me of clear plystyrene plastic, with it being so fragile. I'd much prefer if they went with a softer plastic bag like Thomas' (the only good thing about a Thomas' english muffin, BTW).

I’ve just had a look at the daily offers on Amazon. Logically, what follows is one question: WHY are people using valuable resources to make SO MUCH CRAP?!? :wall:

Bays brand english muffin packaging. Just looking at the plastic wrong, causes the packaging to rip down almost it's entire length, making it hard to re-seal if you're not eating all 6 muffins. The plastic reminds me of clear plystyrene plastic, with it being so fragile. I'd much prefer if they went with a softer plastic bag like Thomas' (the only good thing about a Thomas' english muffin, BTW).

E C O - F R I E N D L Y

Like how Sun Chips sounded like you were destroying a planet when opening them for a while, then they changed their packaging.

Like how Sun Chips sounded like you were destroying a planet when opening them for a while, then they changed their packaging.

Oh, man...those things...they hit JUST the right frequencies to drive me up a friggin wall. It sounded like firecrackers going off inside my head.

Somebody let a fly in the house and I can't seem to kill it. It also won't go back outside. I am debating building a flamethrower!

Somebody let a fly in the house and I can't seem to kill it. It also won't go back outside. I am debating building a flamethrower!

Good thing it isn't a big spider or you'd have to hand over the keys and move out. I get fast flies with anti-perspirant, it's usually easy to fog them and they get slower with every spray. The place smells great afterwards too.

Good thing it isn't a big spider or you'd have to hand over the keys and move out. I get fast flies with anti-perspirant, it's usually easy to fog them and they get slower with every spray. The place smells great afterwards too.

This sounds like when I first realized aerosol is flammable and I could make a flame thrower out of deodorant. I need that joy again. :D

I have an attack dog that eats spiders as long as they don't jump at her. She is aggressively friendly and accidentally kills them trying to play with them, and they become a snack.

I am allergic to most perfumes.

This sounds like when I first realized aerosol is flammable and I could make a flame thrower out of deodorant. I need that joy again. :D

Not good enough. This thing was annoying. I was going to go full Tarantino on that flying asshole!

By the way, I finally got rid of it when I let the dog out. I guess it tired of the dog and I trying to kill it, or it just seen the light outside the door.