The "Things that annoy me" thread

Someone is remodelling an apartment in the building; new bathroom, tiles, floors, the works. So there’s a lot of construction noise during the work which is particularly unhelpful while we’re all supposed to stay at home as much as possible. But you can’t really avoid much of it.

What you definitely CAN avoid is starting with the noisy power tools at 7:50 on a Saturday and falling silent at 8:15. Fuckers!

I lost power again. Estimated restoration is about 6 hours away...

This happened in early June too. I need to get solar panels and a battery pack!

I got power back, and 5 hours earlier than they estimated. This is still becoming far to frequent. This is only, only,,,. the second multi hour outage this year, but there are several more that lasted from a few minutes to an hour. A few more that lasted just a few seconds.

I got power back, and 5 hours earlier than they estimated. This is still becoming far to frequent. This is only, only,,,. the second multi hour outage this year, but there are several more that lasted from a few minutes to an hour. A few more that lasted just a few seconds.

Generac could help, they have automatic sensing systems that will kick on after an outage. Sure it’s diesel or gasoline. I *think* you can natural gas/propane as well.

Generac could help, they have automatic sensing systems that will kick on after an outage. Sure it’s diesel or gasoline. I *think* you can natural gas/propane as well.

Why invest in a generator that is only used occasionally? The same money can be used to setup a system to produce power, heat, and hot water anytime the sun shines.

Why invest in a generator that is only used occasionally? The same money can be used to setup a system to produce power, heat, and hot water anytime the sun shines.

You said it's happening more often.

You said it's happening more often.

It is happening more often. But why not use the resources to get a system that generates power all the time, instead of sporadically?

Years ago I bought a torx driver to remove my folding knife's clip, so I could clean/lubricate it. The screws are Allen, but probably imperial, because I never managed to find the right Allen key, but a Torx worked.

Today I took of the clip for regular maintenance, but magically the driver is slipping and I can't reattach the clip...GRRRR

two things.

well, 3. iOS seems to no longer capitalize the first letter of a sentence unless I double tap space bar.

I have to wear a facemask on jobs for obvious reasons. Could they make a mask that doesn’t ride up into my eyelids? Thanks.

next is this customer I’ve been working with for 9 years now. Everytime they call it’s frantic and it always turns out to be one of two things. Broken heat exchanger causing air to push against the burner and cause it to not light. The other which is more common is electronic parts failing due to humidity. They inject steam into the baking process of food (premade grocery store meals) and the steam lines are leaking and it’s only gotten worse over this time. Now they’re just blowing stream nearly on the burner.

I have to wear a facemask on jobs for obvious reasons. Could they make a mask that doesn’t ride up into my eyelids? Thanks.

The only ones that don't do this for me are the ones with a metal nose strips (the thin wire types aren't enough), so I can form it around my nose. You can buy adhesive ones that you cna apply to any mask you already have.

So far, these have been my favorite type. I also prefer straps that go behind my head rather than around my ears. Out of the 5-6 types I have, these are my favorite. Pretty lightweight, too.
https://mambeblankets.com/products/face-mask
1595954886150.png

I've also tried some that have a sort of flap inside that's supposed to go over your nose, but I find that these put too much pressure on the top of my nose and are very uncomfortable for longer periods...but that could also be becuse the mask I have of this style is basically a thin denim, so it's pretty robust, heavy, and doesn't have any stretch to it.
https://defybags.com/products/copy-of-the-bandit-mask
1595954823930.png

The spikes on the bottom of most carpet-protecting chair mats.

Reactions: MWF
I was in town for some errand running, and decided to buy an ice-cream.
The annoyance is: Due to the heat, I couldn't really enjoy it because I had to eat it very fast to beat the melting speed.

The thought of you rushing to eat an ice cream amuses me. :p

I had money ready for Mr Whippy when he came round, for some reason he didn't bother today. Twat. Maybe it's too hot for him...

Capture.PNG

I can't even use Imgur without a load of bullshit on the screen.... This infuriates me so much.

The smell of burnt toast.

There was actual toast that was burning. It wasn't a little singed either, it was nearly on fire.

By the way, the worst thing I ever smelled was Lake Erie after an algae bloom that killed off thousands of fish. It was truly horrid after a week.