The "Things that annoy me" thread

yep, that's my experience with raspberry pi's as well
great if they're in the background just doing their thing (like my pi-hole), a disaster if you want interaction
it's like browsing over 14.4K...

Stupid keyless go bullshit... I forgot my keys at my parents place and only realized when I stood in front of my place 60km away 45 min later. Luckily the wife was home to let me in, but then this morning I had to wait at the entry to the parking garage for someone to come by / drive out, because the second key for that (why is it a different key to the house/flat anyway???) is in the car! Honestly, I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached to my neck...

Customer panics last week “I need you ASAP!” “I’m needed in 3 places today and tomorrow, I can do Monday.” “See you then”

*Gets to customer site only to wait for over an hour because he won’t answer his phone or email.*

What pisses me off the most is he told me last time not to call his cell because he gets no service inside the building. I call his desk phone 3 times, nothing after being told to call that. I call his cell once, he picks up right away.

Customer panics last week “I need you ASAP!” “I’m needed in 3 places today and tomorrow, I can do Monday.” “See you then”

*Gets to customer site only to wait for over an hour because he won’t answer his phone or email.*

What pisses me off the most is he told me last time not to call his cell because he gets no service inside the building. I call his desk phone 3 times, nothing after being told to call that. I call his cell once, he picks up right away.

Been there, hated that. Customer says be there at 8 am, 10 am and they finally show up with keys so you can get into the buildings (I'd already let myself into the facility ;) ).

Well, driving out of a tight underground parking spot while still half asleep was a great idea... I'm gonna need a whole new side mirror ffs :|

Edit: well I sort of managed to clip/push/squeeze/finagle it back together - it's a giant bunch of plastic (and a wifi antenna lol) after all. The main body is broken in half, though and the cover is missing like half all of its retention clips... so I'll hit it with the ugly tape to make sure it doesn't just fly off on the highway. Seems stury enough, however and is back in usable/correct position anyway... but I've turned off auto-fold nonetheless.

Last edited:
In Netflix's Ratched, they switch back and forth between the motel rooms having exterior entrances, and interior (corridor) entrances.

My favorite single food item, for the last 33-ish years of my life (I'm 41) was the Cashew Chicken from one specific restaurant in suburban south-eastern Wisconsin. Yen Ching.

Whenever I've flown back home for the last 19 years since I've moves away, I time my flights in to get dinner on the way to my parent's house, and time my return flight so that we can go there for lunch on our way to the airport. Yes, even when I fly back for funerals.

When I was young, there was a time where we were going to this restaurant twice per week: one weekday evening, and Sunday lunch.

When my parent's sold their house the first and 2nd time, they celebrated there.

Every time I've ever eaten there, I've only ever ordered the cashew chicken. It was recommended by a family friend, and I loved it so much, I never wanted to risk my hunger on something I wouldn't like as much. My brother would occasionally try something else, but always regretted it. Not because the other things were bad...they just weren't that damned cashew chicken.

My mom sent me a text today. She met a friend there for lunch om the way back from a doctor's appointment.

It's now a church.

I hate when that happens...

Wisconsin, where the churches rival the bars in locations.

Bays brand english muffin packaging. Just looking at the plastic wrong, causes the packaging to rip down almost it's entire length, making it hard to re-seal if you're not eating all 6 muffins. The plastic reminds me of clear plystyrene plastic, with it being so fragile. I'd much prefer if they went with a softer plastic bag like Thomas' (the only good thing about a Thomas' english muffin, BTW).

The packaging of Bays brand english muffins. The plastic outter "bag" is impossible to open without a tear going rogue, and splitting halfway down the packing, making it imposible to properly close the package with a clip or tie, especially with the open-top cardboard tray.

Apparently this annoyed me so much I posted about it twice....

...but look at me now, bitches!

1601329426992.png

That ‘y’ my brain made me think it was a ‘u’ and I was like “LIKE A BAUS” ?

People on ebay classifieds...

I have a model car which I offer for 75 Euros plus shipping (6 Euros). Someone offered me 67 including shipping, I went down considerably to 70 and the guy offers just 68 Euros in return. I mean, really? I knocked off 11 Euros from my asking price and he just ups his offer by one measly Euro?

Ah well, since I don't need the money, instead I just run out of space in my showcases the potential buyer won't get the model... :dunno:

I find the haggling before seeing the item in person ignorant. It just seems silly because everybody wants to find that deal. ?

People on ebay classifieds...
I look at it from the other side of the coin: since I only contact people if I actually want what they are selling and consider the price alright, I get almost exclusively positive responses. The hagglers and the unreliable people make it easy to stand out in a good way.

I don't mind haggling, but when the seller knocks off 11 Euros off his/her asking price and the potential buyer only offers one more Euro than he/she originally offered that's just ignorant...

Painted saw blades that transfer the paint color into your cut. F.U., Freud, Diablo, Dewalt, etc.