The "Things that annoy me" thread

Damn caffeine overdose... I made my coffee the same way as always, but apparently, the beans in the packet that I opened recently pack a considerable punch.

Why in flat earth can Windows not print multiple PDF's when I right click and select "print?" Opening individual PDF's to print is a giant pain in my ass.

to note, I am only printing out stuff because I work with old people who can't fathom working 100% in digital documents.

Geography, learn your country peoples.

Currently in a shuttle back to the dealer to pick up work car from annual service. The driver has the windows starting to fog up and has the HVAC off. It’s not terrible like he’s being blind, but the windows could be clearer and it’s bothering me.

Last edited:
I would like cell phone voicemail boxes to automatically delete messages or have unlimited storage. Just had to end a call with a guy I need information from because his mailbox is full. Great, so now I can't even make doubly sure he knows why I'm calling...

Currently in a shuttle back to the dealer to pick up work car from annual service. The driver has the windows starting to fog up and has the HVAC off. It’s not terrible like he’s being blind, but the windows could be clearer and it’s bothering me.

This is super annoying to me, as well. My girlfriend does that. It gets so humid in the car. For me, I don't remember the last time I drove with the air conditioner off.

My body clock is totally out of whack.

Mine is too. I slept about an hour last night, then was up until 1 P.m.. I did get a good sleep in after that though.

The ladder I want comes in 3 performance/feature grades, which are also price grades. The lowest spec and lowest price comes in a 6ft version, and an 8ft version. But I need their 7ft ladder which, of course, is only available in their most-expensive grade at almost double the price. The 6ft is too short to reach what I need outside, and the 8ft is too tall to use inside my house. After we added an additional layer of sub floor, and floated the ceiling, many rooms in our house only have 7'11" ceilings. *sigh*.

TIL ladders have performance levels.

TIL ladders have performance levels.
Ha, i know, right??

Amusingly, the lowest level of this particular product line is the "professional". It's the most basic, and the lowest weight capacity. The next step up is "industrial" which adds a couple of creature comfort and safety features, a slightly higher weight limit, and an upgraded heavier duty foot. The final rung on the ladder quality ladder for this product line is "technical" and has a further-upgraded foot. And that one is the most expensive, and that's the only variant that comes in the 7ft version.

I feel ladders are one of those places where skimping isn't the best plan. Like helmets...

I'd like to know who uses the 250LB limit ladders and has weighed themselves with their tool belt and whatnot to see if they're within the limit.

I'd like to know who uses the 250LB limit ladders and has weighed themselves with their tool belt and whatnot to see if they're within the limit.
I've used them and I exceed the limit without tools... or clothes. Maybe that's the answer, use the ladder naked.

I've used them and I exceed the limit without tools... or clothes. Maybe that's the answer, use the ladder naked.

Now I know why you want to move to the U.P..

I feel ladders are one of those places where skimping isn't the best plan. Like helmets...

Ha, indeed...but the thing is, the lowest-grade ladder still it built as well (or better) than most off-the-shelf ladders. Like...the base model has a 350lb capacity, and the two higher levels have 375. It's just that the more expensive ones come with things like these higher-quality flip-out rubber pads so as not to damage a wall when leaning against it, and it has this extra noise maker on the bottom rung so that when you are descending, you get an audible "click" so you don't accidentally step off the 2nd-last step, thinking it's the last.

So....it's like going with a car that has all of the same basic safety features as any other car, or do you pay double for the one with the radar cruise control with emergency braking, seatbelt pre-tensioners, etc. Safer? Yes...but it turns a $150 ladder into a $300 ladder...and a $150 ladder is already pricey when it's not for work.