The "Things that annoy me" thread

Certain channels advertising their new streaming service in the most annoying way possible to try to get you to get it.

Explain ‘the most annoying way possible’. Isn’t it usually ‘click here to register’

Like Amazon serving unskipabble ads of their shows on Prime right before a show on Amazon Prime?
MOTHERFUCKER, I ALREADY PAID

Explain ‘the most annoying way possible’. Isn’t it usually ‘click here to register’

No. While watching a show on the channel on cable TV, they put banner ads up that cover a good portion of the screen.

Like Amazon serving unskipabble ads of their shows on Prime right before a show on Amazon Prime?
MOTHERFUCKER, I ALREADY PAID

This is also annoying. I can see the advertising the show, but not while you are trying to watch something else. Put it on the main page.

Ok now I get it, you’re right.
It’s like whatever ad interrupts a YT video, whatever the product, I won’t buy, just for pissing me off and interrupting my video

Youtube has ads?

Oh, yeah. I forgot I caved in and paid for Youtube Premium a year ago. So nice.

Exactly.
YouTube has the decency of not showing ads AT ALL if you pay for Premium. Amazon Prime has not free option and yet gives you ads for other shows.

No way to avoid "This video is brought to you by Raid Shadow Legend" by the actual content creator though.

Adblock doesn’t help the creators get paid, which is what the ads are for.
And for some reason ads by the creators themselves aren’t anywhere near as annoying as the ones served by YouTube.

That. Ad blocker in browser, and NewPipe instead of the YouTube app on the phone.

Works fine, agreed. But I watch YT on my TV mostly.

Yeah yeah I know you can program your router to block out certain domains to stop from getting ads but it’s so much hassle

Works fine, agreed. But I watch YT on my TV mostly.

Yeah yeah I know you can program your router to block out certain domains to stop from getting ads but it’s so much hassle
exactly.

No way to avoid "This video is brought to you by Raid Shadow Legend" by the actual content creator though.
I have a two strike system for this, a few channels I'm subbed to did Raid adverts for one video only because of the backlash they received. If they did it again I would just stop watching, plenty of other content out there. I'm all for relevant sponsorships but not money grabbing mobile games.

This building has four or five big 600 liter wheely bins for incinerable waste. Yet everyone fills up the first one to the right, and continues to stuff their trash into it even when the lid won't close anymore. This makes it easy for birds to rip the trash bags to shreds. The rest of the incinerable bins are usually never more than half full.

I can also tell one of my neighbors replaced their toilet because they boxed up their old throne in the packaging the new one came with and carefully placed it next to the bins. I wonder how many months it'll take before they realize that the garbage truck won't take it.

I don't mind the "Raid - Shadow Legends" ads because I know they get much more than whatever YouTube pays.
Also, paying for Premium means I don't get ads when watching on the TV. So, yeah, I am fine with that.

I don't mind the "Raid - Shadow Legends" ads because I know they get much more than whatever YouTube pays.
Also, paying for Premium means I don't get ads when watching on the TV. So, yeah, I am fine with that.
It's not the adverts that bother me (I use an ad blocker but more often that not the Raid adverts are embedded into the videos by the creator), it's that these games are designed to make people continuously spend money and they do real harm. Any channel accepting the sponsorship is promoting them so they can do this to more people. That's a no from me.

They may not realise how much harm they do when people get addicted, a lot of people don't. Mobile games are like cigarettes but they do mental damage rather than physical damage, along with the financial damage.

I never thought about it, but I see your point.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Years ago, the were filled to about 1/8 below the top edge of the paper cup. This allowed you to get some purchase on the paper to peel it back and eat it without getting chocolate on your hands. I feel like it's been years since I've had one that wasn't filled to the brim, and always end up having chocolate on at least one finger.

Lick your fingers.