The "Things that annoy me" thread

Dropping my phone and despite having a screenprotector and a big heavy ugly case, still managing to hit the edge so perfectly, I now see 3 cracks across the screen from certain angles.

Phone is not even 3 months old. Bugger

Dropping my phone and despite having a screenprotector and a big heavy ugly case, still managing to hit the edge so perfectly, I now see 3 cracks across the screen from certain angles.

I dropped my phone off the kitchen counter once. Also a 2-piece rubber/polycarbonate case. It would have fallen onto a padded rug. Instead, I tried to catch it. I ended up just hitting the edge with my hand trying to grab it so quickly, causing the phone to flip end-over-end rapidly, and slammed screen-first into the corner of the metal cabinet handle, breaking the screen.

Facepalm - Naked Gun.gif

Out of interest, what was the case?

I wonder if anyone will ever be able to fill phone screen cracks in the same way they do with windscreen cracks. :dunno:

I recently splurged on a Pixel 5 and the sturdiest case I could find planning to make it last until it gets no more updates. Hopefuly this doesn't happen to me, otherwise I am screwed.

I‘ve never managed to “install the spider app” on my phone screen, but of course the things get scratched every time before I even think of putting a protective film on them. :cautious:

Otterbox. Which is useless if it falls face down. Which was 1000% my fault because I tried to grab it in the air, which caused it to flip on the first place....

Otterbox. Which is useless if it falls face down. Which was 1000% my fault because I tried to grab it in the air, which caused it to flip on the first place....

Shame, they're usually very good they all have weak spots.

I've only ever damaged the screen on one phone, my One X+. Still one of my favourite phones, it's the only one I was confident to use without a case and it was just so thin and powerful for its time.

Anyway I was given a metal keyring at a Land Rover show. Nice little novelty, however I shoved it in the same pocket as my phone and it must've pressed on the screen because a section of the touch screen stopped working. No visual damage at all. I bought a 'replacement' screen on eBay which naturally wasn't anything like the original and had hideous backlight leakage, plus it never stuck down properly and the one-piece case made the whole thing a nightmare.

3 weeks ago, I found a screw on my driveway, where I receny used my table saw.

I looked all over but couldn't tell if it came from the saw. Put the screw aside, and used my saw several more times since then. I must have knocked it off the shelf I out it on, though, because I couldn't find it today...when I found where the screw was supposed to be.

So I take off the side panels and a few internal parts off, and replace the incredibly-awkwardly-placed screw.

So with some satisfaction ("I've mended something!"), I put the saw all back together, and pull it back into the garage as the sun was nearly set, and put back all of the stuff that goes in front of it...

...and then found another screw on the driveway. A completely different type.

Last edited:
Screw puns? I wish we would just get to the point of this thread.

Finding one is an anomaly, but 2 different ones in such a short timespan is plain weird. I’d say you’re screwed

I’ve got this food saving app on my phone where you can buy some shops’ leftovers and pick them up at the end of their business hours.

In the larger cities in most countries, you can choose from bakeries, supermarkets, restaurants and so on, even now.

The choice in my town, neighbouring Cologne and the surrounding area is mostly petrol station food, discount chain bakeries of the “mighty as well chew cardboard” variety, seafood from a chain whose name is enough to upset my stomach and a very small number of places that sound alright, but are quite a distance away. Anything decent that does pop up is sold out immediately or very quickly.

I’d like to blame this on using the wrong app and the fact that most places are doing takeout at best, but instead it’s a constant reminder of the quantity-over-quality approach to food that far too many people in Germany have. :cautious:

I’ve got this food saving app on my phone where you can buy some shops’ leftovers and pick them up at the end of their business hours.

In the larger cities in most countries, you can choose from bakeries, supermarkets, restaurants and so on, even now.

The choice in my town, neighbouring Cologne and the surrounding area is mostly petrol station food, discount chain bakeries of the “mighty as well chew cardboard” variety, seafood from a chain whose name is enough to upset my stomach and a very small number of places that sound alright, but are quite a distance away. Anything decent that does pop up is sold out immediately or very quickly.

I’d like to blame this on using the wrong app and the fact that most places are doing takeout at best, but instead it’s a constant reminder of the quantity-over-quality approach to food that far too many people in Germany have. :cautious:
Use up the excess and not throw away and arrest homeless people when it’s thrown out? *confused*

Use up the excess and not throw away and arrest homeless people when it’s thrown out? *confused*

I used to work in a grocery store in the produce department. We would always save onion skins, old potatoes and onions, and bruised/spoiled apples for people to pick up for coloring easter eggs (the onion skins) for horses (apples), and making wine for marinades (potatoes and onions).

Once our boss found out that someone who was picking up apples for horses was just eating them, we were told to stop saving any of it. :rolleyes:

We have an app like that too, called ResQ club. I tried it a couple of times. Sometimes it was actual leftovers of varying quality but some restaurants used it as a normal sales channel. I ended up giving up because I couldn't deal with the push notifications whenever something was available in my area.