The "Things that annoy me" thread

Because it would be too hard to put in a photocell and notify during the daytime?

That would just use more power and cause the battery to die more often. I planned on changing them tomorrow when I change the 3 clocks.

Oh, I have to change the clocks for no good reason. Will we ever stop with this daylight savings time crap?!

Because it would be too hard to put in a photocell and notify during the daytime?
I believe my new smoke detectors might have a photocell... there are several such-looking things. Won't know if they incorporate that into the battery chirps for many years though, they were installed last year.
With my luck they'll run out of battery in June and chirp at 4am ?

I would pay money if someone invented a browser plugin (or maybe a hardware firewall) that filtered out sports and everything related to it.

I realize there are lots of people that are interested in it (and that's fine) but there are probably even more of us that don't give a toss and we don't much care for our news outlets being littered with it.

Oh well, at least the days of broadcast TV are over. I remember being a kid, waiting for my show to come on, only to realize it's been canceled because someone thought a hockey game was more important. As if there weren't entire networks dedicated to sports broadcasts back then too.

Last edited:
I remember being a kid, waiting for my show to come on, only to realize it's been canceled because someone thought a hockey game was more important.
That’s the main reason why I dislike tennis, the Tour de France, the Olympics, sports championships and so on. We had only a few TV channels at home (four to seven, depending on the cloud cover) and whenever a bunch of fitness fanatics decided to meet somewhere to see who was fastest/strongest/whose was biggest, all the afternoon kids TV was cancelled. :cautious:

I rarely watch normal TV but I would've forgiven snooker and golf as I find them relaxing to watch. I try to watch the Masters every year, RIP Peter Alliss.

I hate tennis with a passion anyway because all the players have such inflated egos and everything else can just bugger off. It's been horse racing this week.

Since moving out from my mum in 2005 (IIRC) I don't have a TV anymore, I just couldn't be bothered buying one for myself since even back then there wasn't anything on TV that you couldn't get on the interwebs...

I have a TV, but the only reason i’ve got an antenna cable hooked up to it is because i don’t want to see the annoying “no signal” error message between powering it on and launching one of the apps. I would prefer having the TV boot into a main menu where ”Live TV” was one of the options on equal terms with Youtube and Netflix.

I would pay money if someone invented a browser plugin (or maybe a hardware firewall) that filtered out sports and everything related to it.

I realize there are lots of people that are interested in it (and that's fine) but there are probably even more of us that don't give a toss and we don't much care for our news outlets being littered with it.

Oh well, at least the days of broadcast TV are over. I remember being a kid, waiting for my show to come on, only to realize it's been canceled because someone thought a hockey game was more important. As if there weren't entire networks dedicated to sports broadcasts back then too.
I'd take hockey over golf, tennis, swimming, cricket, soccer, rugby league and AFL. All of which still clog up our FTA stations at various times throughout the year. But yeah, I don't see why it can't all be broadcast on a subsiduary channel, and leave the main stations alone.

Here, our stations have duplicate channels and offshoots for all their various interests. (9, 9NOW, 9HD, 9Gem, 9Go, 9Life, 9Rush), But come 11pm, they all turn into the home shopping network, so fuck anyone doing shiftwork, or insomniacs and night owls.

Same here! As soon as there's something football related, everything else on TV stops. And it's even worse in the news... Sports news is like 80% football, 15% other ball related sports, 5% motorsports (when they feel like it).

I don’t really watch sports aside from F1, so I’m also annoyed when some guy in a red jersey kicks a ball in a goal whooooo red jerseys forever blue jerseys boooooo...

Then again, any news nowadays is 85% corona related so anything not related to facemasks, how many people are in hospital and just how shit we all are at listening to basic rules is nice

To be honest, I never really liked spectating any sports. I did watch WTCC and FIA World Endurance Championship for like one season respectively, and as a kid I enjoyed watching WRC and snooker, but that's pretty much it. Oh, and obligatory world football cups when Croatia would play, but I don't count that for this purpose. Heck, I don't even remember if I ever watched a full race of F1.

I just don't find spectating sports, at least on a screen, particularly interesting. Granted, my attention span is not the greatest when it comes to this sort of stuff, but there's also an element of interest which I just lack, and to be quite honest, when it becomes a kind of obesssion, don't understand. I can understand people marathon-watching stuff like their favourite TV shows or movie series, but this is just too repetitive from my point of view.

My mum and brother and very much into watching cycling, and they watch every single race, they would even watch reruns of old races (i.e. before they really got into cycling), and I just don't understand how don't they get bored of it. I get that one can spectate a sport occasionally, but to watch every single race obsessively?

Then again, whenever I get into a TV show, I watch it episode-by-episode, in sequential order, to the point when I get bored with it.

I can watch motorsports a lot more, last month I bought a month of WRC+ subscription so I could watch every stage of Arctic Rally Finland live and it was very much worth it. I was subbed for a couple of years and enjoyed watching Tanak take his first championship victory but It's not worth the silly price they now want and I got bored trying to watch every stage for every rally.

I watched Aussie Supercars for a few years when I had a Motor Trend On Demand subscription, great racing by extremely skilled drivers that was better than any other touring car series. I don't know if it still is, I stopped MTOD over a year ago. At one point they had Icelandic Formula Off-road which is spectacular but they dropped it after one season because the tools running the show didn't seem to know what content they wanted on there.

I haven't watched F1 in probably 10 years, they took all the fun out of it. I watched every race when Hamilton was new and when Brawn GP were in their prime, there's something special about waking up at something like 4 in the morning to watch the race live with headphones. Moving the live coverage to a channel I don't have probably had something to do with it too...

Damn you, DHMO! You destroyed 10 box sleeves of my model car collection by dripping down in the basement from a pipe above the cardboard boxes I have the original packages stored in! I did think about raising the cardboard boxes by putting them on palettes to prevent them from being soaked when the basement is flooded from somewhere else (it worked in 2019 when the drainage of the basement failed and there were monumental amounts of rain in a very short timespan), but I didn't think about the pipe above the boxes leaking... :idiot:

Last edited:
Stupid people annoyed by stupid things in online reviews.

My girlfriend got a 1-star review on her Etsy store because the item didn't come gift-boxed (nowhere in any text is there any verbiage about gift packaging at all, not even as an option), and the buyer didn't like the color of the bubble wrap (our local Lowe's only stocks green). But "The concrete planter pot is great, though!"

So no complaints about price, loved the product, no complaint about damage and no issues with order processing or shipment time...but got a 1-star review anyway because of unreasonable expectations based on nothing.

It's like writing a negative yelp review because "it's not really near my home" or "it's too far away" (something I've seen several times).