The "Things that annoy me" thread

I recently had to bite my tongue when a friend's "eco conscience" was clearly trumping her wit.

The wife and I were visiting for a couple of days and as I was filling the dishwasher, she asked that I don't put her daughters' juice glasses in because they wouldn't come out clean. When I went to switch it on, she said she would do it in the morning because a cycle takes four hours... well, I think that both may have something to do with the fact that she only ever runs the machine on its super-eco-saver setting and uses organically grown vegan fairtrade detergent. :unsure:
Relevant:

Relevant:
That’s one looong video on dishwashing! :blink: But I am doing the applicable European equivalent, which is using salt, detergent and rinse aid instead of “all in one” tabs.

Another grievance from a different realm: is it even possible to travel without receiving a mountain of “Rate our service!” “Tell us if you liked your hotel!” “How did we do today?” junk e-mails? :wall: I took a train from London to Edinburgh, not a trip to space!

Every 2 years or so, I take Amtrak between Milwaukee and Chicago. Every day, they send me "Wow, your travel points are really racking up!" emails, which comes across as sarcastic because it's barely in the triple digits earned over years and years. (Points are worth about 2 cents each).

Last edited:
Screwfix keep sending me physical discount cards that last a few days and I feel like I should use them, however I always look and see their prices are higher than anywhere else to begin with. I only used Screwfix because they had something nobody else sold. Seems like a waste of money and paper.

Facebook and their either inability or unwillingness to control scams on events.

Before today there are two ways they tried to scam people out of money. The first I had seen was links to fake live streams the day of the event. These were mostly posted by accounts that weren't trying to hide who they were. Mostly from India or the like. The second always starts a few days before an event, saying they had tickets for the event, but due to sickness or a death in the family they couldn't make it and to DM them to buy the tickets at a deep discount (for events that never exceed $25 admission). These were fairly real looking accounts, but were usually just a few stolen photos and a vaguely real, but made up name.

The latest scam I just started seeing today. Again, name and profile are made up with a few stolen photos. They claim to be the only way you can become a vendor and text them at a number for info.

All this is very difficult to police for a small outfit like us and we try to stay on top of it, but often if this is posted during an event (in the case of the live feed scam) we don't have time to fix it.

People who bring their bicycles INSIDE a bar......seriously , you can afford to waste 3k on something to annoy other roadusers with but you can't afford 50 bucks for a lock? Also, you stink to fucking high heaven and that lycra ain't doing you any favors either pall..... stay away from me or suffer the fucking consequenses.

People who bring their bicycles INSIDE a bar......seriously , you can afford to waste 3k on something to annoy other roadusers with but you can't afford 50 bucks for a lock? Also, you stink to fucking high heaven and that lycra ain't doing you any favors either pall..... stay away from me or suffer the fucking consequenses.

Is deodorant a belief where you live like air con is in Germany?

Is deodorant a belief where you live like air con is in Germany?
For this lot it seems to be......I tell you man, our racing cylists are something else, arrogance and obsession personified, probably thinks aplyying deoderant is gonna affect his strava time or whatever....btw he's currently drinking one of the most calorie rich, sugar filled beers we have in this country, so so much for that whole 'workout' bullshit.

Last edited:
Rammed train from Bristol. Lots of people came on. A guy sat with the bag on the seat next to him and when someone put his bag down from the seat onto the floor to be able to sit there, he made a big point about how that was "rude". The couple were clearly European as they basically 404'd at this eggshelly personality and basically left him to sit somewhere else. It's no wonder English people find "cunt" such a rude word because it describes so many of them so perfectly well. FML.

I'm waiting for a package from Germany, and it's being sent to my by Hermes. Unfortunately, the partner company that handles Hermes packages in Croatia seems to be Overseas Express, the worst courier service in Croatia. Not only they don't ring your doorbell, but they don't even leave you any info about your package either.

If I wasn't avidly expecting the package, I wouldn't even know they would try to deliver it today. But I saw an Overseas Express van outside my window, so they were definitely here. The tracking info would imply they tried to deliver the package, saw it was too large for the mailbox, and tired to contact me. Well, guess what? I received no messages, there was nothing in my mailbox, and there was no other indication that they even tried to deliver it.

I even checked my local traffic shop, as from one previous instance, I found (after doing some research online) that Overseas Express is a partner with a chain of traffic shops. They said they have nothing. Heck, I even called Overseas Express to check if they have any info on where it could be in case it was delivered to another traffic shop or something by accident, but I don't have the right tracking number. So now I'm waiting from Hermes Germany to see if they have any info about subsequent tracking numbers, so I could maybe, just maybe, find out where my package is.

A kiosk. We actually call them kiosks in Croatian, but for some reason, I thought traffic shop was the English term.

Yeah, most of them look like this:

kiosk-slika-91167561.jpg

And they are mostly located in urban areas. The busier the place, usually there are more kiosks/traffic shops around here.

I see, not something I have here in rural middle America. Looks like a convenience store minus the gas pumps and about 1/3 the size. Perhaps someone in a more urban environment can chime in. Though it also reminds me of a bodega, but I could be off on that too.

Yeah, most of them look like this:

kiosk-slika-91167561.jpg

And they are mostly located in urban areas. The busier the place, usually there are more kiosks/traffic shops around here.

And these aren’t graffit’d to hell or attempted to be stolen from? I’m having a mental block on the word, not assault…. Something else where people wreck things.

They are more often graffiti'd to hell than not, that's true. I don't know much about the latter. Funny thing, this image is from classifieds. :D