The "Things that annoy me" thread

So when/ where do you charge then, if home is impossible and work is a nono? Superchargers?

It sounds like cables that are too short are the real annoyance here. :D
well, to be fair, especially with the high power chargers, longer cables are also heavier. So yes, it would actually have been a smart idea to have the manufacturers sort of align their positioning... but i admit, that would've been way too easy.
also, again, tesla had to be all different and put their socket in the worst possible position (left back). if parked at the side of the road, your cable will be sticking out into traffic and, if you're unlucky, will have to run diagonally underneath the car - if it's long enough (7m at least) that is. parked at home and want to access the boot? better stumble across the cable from the drivers door first... then, with fast chargers there's usually exactly one parking spot that will work (only the supercharger sites are designed to work well, because, guess what, they only serve left back socketed cars), otherwise it's nigh on impossible to reach and the socket on the car feels sort of flimsy carrying a thick, water-cooled CCS cable, especially if all of it is hanging off the damn thing...

then again, there's also dumb bullshit like this - so why am i even compaining? see if you can spot the issue:
1625581286359.png

So when/ where do you charge then, if home is impossible and work is a nono? Superchargers?
I'm not having to drive very much as I'm working from home, however if I'm in the office I can charge if I need to. The public chargers I would've used are now always either broken or taken up by council vans but if I park a little further away I can get free charging. I can charge at home on Sundays if I need to, 12 hours at 2kW is decent.

There's a local 50kW charger at a fuel station that I don't mind going over to every so often and it just got cheaper, if I'm on the road I will always try to use superchargers.

parked at home and want to access the boot? better stumble across the cable from the drivers door first...
I just wanted to pick on this and say that it doesn't affect cars with the steering wheel on the other side, driving/parking on the other side. Maybe that's why I actually really like the back-left positioning. :p

Simple solution, ban passengers. :LOL:

That's really dumb though.

I just wanted to pick on this and say that it doesn't affect cars with the steering wheel on the other side, driving/parking on the other side. Maybe that's why I actually really like the back-left positioning. :p
Yes! Sorry - should've said "back drivers side" - for RHD markets the placing is pretty brilliant actually...

Simple solution, ban passengers. :LOL:

That's really dumb though.
We've had an old zoe drive off while plugged (and locked) in (car sharing car, so would never blame the driver) - ripped the socket clean out of our charger. If that's the french understanding of preventing expensive and dangerous accidents via simple software blocks, then that peugeot right there will not even lock the rear door during an active charging session and break itself the first chance it gets... it's spectacularly dumb design. couldn't have thought it up any worse if i tried.

I hate my companies time off system. The mobile app is a joke as it’s all based on automated chat box shit. I wanted to know my next day off and it kept asked “do you want to book tomorrow off?”
645C6AEE-707F-4E97-A015-31A0F17582FA.png
19B8846E-3349-4941-8442-CF7B63A744A7.png

It's fucking walking! How much gear do you fucking need! And why is it all over the pub? Cunts.

That's an awful system. I thought the timesheet/absence system we had was bad enough but it does let you just go on and check your annual leave hours remaining/booked easily. I like it's response to the F-bomb though.

That's an awful system. I thought the timesheet/absence system we had was bad enough but it does let you just go on and check your annual leave hours remaining/booked easily. I like it's response to the F-bomb though.

yeah, it’s much better in the web browser, but this mobile is awful, it doesn’t even say “hey, do you want to link time off with your phones calendar?”

then again, there's also dumb bullshit like this - so why am i even compaining? see if you can spot the issue:
View attachment 3561714

:ROFLMAO: I guess this is what happens when you turn a diesel van into an EV.

It seems the electric Vito has the charge port on the bumper these days, but this is what they used to have before someone came to their senses. Under the flap where you put diesel in a normal vito.

1625596219073.png

Looks conveniently placed right next to the drivers door, right? Now imagine that the charging box is on the wall in front of you with a cable just long enough to reach... I saw a youtube video with a road test that discovered this but apparently it wasn't Teslabjørn so I can't find the video again. Can't reverse in either because if the cable is too short to reach from the front it won't reach from the back. It's a big vehicle.

Looks conveniently placed right next to the drivers door, right? Now imagine that the charging box is on the wall in front of you with a cable just long enough to reach... I saw a youtube video with a road test that discovered this but apparently it wasn't Teslabjørn so I can't find the video again. Can't reverse in either because if the cable is too short to reach from the front it won't reach from the back. It's a big vehicle.
Obvious solution, parallel-park across two charging bays.

Heh, mine has a tiny LED that gives a yellow glow which helps locate it. It pulsates green when charging so you know when it’s properly plugged in. But yeah, all EVs should have this

Ours has an amber/green LED on the side, but not aimed at the port...it's pointed at you, so it actually makes it even harder to find the port.

Actually...while I'm bitching...our charger also should have a light on it, for when I'm looking to "hang up" the charger when I'm done with it. I ended up buying a $15 pack of 4 LED fence post lights and double-stick taping them to the charger, and replacing them one-by-one each year when the light dies (after changing the batteries no longer works).

Ours has an amber/green LED on the side, but not aimed at the port...it's pointed at you, so it actually makes it even harder to find the port.

Actually...while I'm bitching...our charger also should have a light on it, for when I'm looking to "hang up" the charger when I'm done with it. I ended up buying a $15 pack of 4 LED fence post lights and double-stick taping them to the charger, and replacing them one-by-one each year when the light dies (after changing the batteries no longer works).
I'm sure there's power at the socket if you just stick some wires (or your fingers) in there. :p

Why do bigger companies require the seller of goods create an invoice in their system? And of course they're all different...

Why do bigger companies require the seller of goods create an invoice in their system? And of course they're all different...

Big companies do whatever they they please, it seems. They also like to sometimes not pay bills until way past the due date, citing that it just “takes time” to get the bill to the right person for approval. It’s also common to bounce the bill because there’s a spelling error in the buyer’s name or something, at which point waiting starts all over again.

The small company can be a local self-employed electrician or whatnot that invested all of his operating capital in supplies and hardware for what to him was a big job. For the megacorp it’s a rounding error.

I once had a client who hired a PM. The PM's job was to make the whole process as beneficial as possible to the client. One of these methods was to get us to bill for as little as possible, as late as possible. This meant that, instead of a 50% deposit invoice, and then the full invoice when the product ships (with an allowance to hold back 10% until the project is complete), they demanded that we first invoice each of 3 floors for 30% when each floors'-worth of furniture was ordered. Then we invoiced 30% when the product for each floor shipped, then 30% when each floor's installation started, and then the final 10% due when each floor was complete. Each floor was starting 1 week after the first one started, so it was only a difference of 2 weeks between the start of the 1st and 3rd floors. That meant that they were receiving 12 invoices, each for over $100,000. Now...the PM thought that he was helping protect his customer's money by letting them hold on to as much as possible for as long as possible. Inadvertently, though, he screwed up the whole process for them because every invoice they received that was more than $70K (or something like that) could ONLY be authorized with a physical signature, by ONE specific executive, and had to be co-signed by one of 3 people. For a company that has offices in 25 countries, and the office we were building out wasn't even their HQ...and not even their biggest office in the US. Throw in executive travel and vacations, and...what a shit show.

After they got our 3rd or 4th invoice, and they knew they were going to get 8-9 more, and because the agreement was that we would NOT proceed with the next steps until each invoice was signed (and our contract let us charge fees for delays), they ended up telling us to just invoice them when each floor was done, so only like 3 more invoices. Apparently we, just their furniture supplier, threw their whole accounting department into turmoil for weeks because of how we were asked to invoice. :lmao:

God damn prudes… you have to verify your age with a credit card to watch Grace Jones’ “Slave to the Rhythm” on YouTube just because you can see female breasts for a few seconds. :rolleyes:

And don’t even THINK of embedding it on a website! That would make the baby jeebus cry!

Yeah, I’m getting really annoyed how it’s so fucking taboo here. I have to look at really fat men that have shirts that ride up when they walk or even pants sliding down. But oh man, a titty! How in appropriate! Fuck off.

Did you go out for some celebratory just desserts after you had finished the job? :ROFLMAO:

We did, and we celebrated without buying or drinking their product (they were an alcoholic beveverage company) out of spite.