The "Things that annoy me" thread

Yes, this was what I was getting at. :D

Another annoyance: has anyone, EVER, wanted the formatting to carry over when they're copypasting text from wherever into something else that does rich text? I always just want the text I'm pasting to look like the rest of the text I'm working on. I shouldn't have to use the "paste and match formatting" thing, it should be the default.

Another annoyance: has anyone, EVER, wanted the formatting to carry over when they're copypasting text from wherever into something else that does rich text? I always just want the text I'm pasting to look like the rest of the text I'm working on. I shouldn't have to use the "paste and match formatting" thing, it should be the default.
Right? It's gotten worse and worse seemingly every passing year. I've been trying to re-teach my muscle memory to just default to Ctrl+Shift+V instead of just Ctrl+V, but it's been slow-going.

Y'know, you can change that to be your default.

Exhibit A:
Screenshot_20210718-120543_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210718-120504_Facebook.jpg

Exhibit B:
Screenshot_20210718-121911_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210718-121838_Facebook.jpg

One sees this all the time with guitars, too. "MINT CONDITION. Just has a small chip in the headstock, some wear near the input [sic] jack, normal pick scratches, and the normal belt-buckle marks from a guitar of this age."

I went to the recycling center today. There was a family there with kids helping their parents empty the trailer, running back and forth across the place with one item at a time. When they two kids ran behind my trailer for the third time as I was reversing I stopped, got out and told the mom this wasn’t OK. Surprisingly enough she took it well. I was half expecting her to get angry at me.

Back in the mid 2000s, Culver’s came to my parents town and built a place. Until about 2-3 years they decided it wasn’t good enough so they built a new building. You would be thinking, is it the location that’s the issue? NOPE! And they’ve done this in a few areas, leaving the old place for someone else to deal with, why is this ok?
200BADB1-0C58-4F9B-980A-49548C851E2B.jpeg
B8B686E2-0481-4D3E-86FA-07C26BC09FB0.jpeg
AF592A82-604D-409C-BC73-5319E1025DDA.png

Based on the apparent massive number of abandoned buildings in certain parts of the US I guess you just have so much free space out there that there's no reason to stop them building and no reason to replace the building that was there with something else.

I'd never heard of Culvers until recently, when Ben Heck started posting videos of his obsession with their cheese curds. :p

Wal-Mart does this a lot, but they will move outside of the taxing district for cheaper taxes. Is that what happened here?

Wal-Mart does this a lot, but they will move outside of the taxing district for cheaper taxes. Is that what happened here?

But, at least here, there's a couple different businesses that seem to gravitate to these old stores. Mostly farm supply stores, but the occasional Big Lots or the like.

But, at least here, there's a couple different businesses that seem to gravitate to these old stores. Mostly farm supply stores, but the occasional Big Lots or the like.

They tend to sit empty for sometime here.

In less than 12 hours everything has decided to update while I am using it. Using the PC and Windows just updates despite being set to be done manually. Fine, I was just going through old emails so I switch to the tablet. On that for a few minutes and the email app updates, then Google play services which has something to do with the email app.

So I decided to watch a show through the smart TV and that app decided it had to update and restart the TV.

Just a few minutes ago I was on the tablet getting ready to play a game through SteamLink and Steam decided to update...

I am going to bed before my brain decides to update.

Not unless moving down the road by one or two address numbers will do that. As shown by the blue roofed building on the map and the red pin for the new spot.
We had a big lots that finally did something with the old Service Merchandise building. It was decided up as a Big Lots and some party store. I tried applying when I was 18 but they both closed up around 2019.
They tend to sit empty for sometime here.
Thats what happened in my parents town. The city got pissed off and had both the old Walmart and Cub Foods torn down. The owners didn’t maintain the buildings so roof leaks developed and destroyed the buildings.

Not unless moving down the road by one or two address numbers will do that. As shown by the blue roofed building on the map and the red pin for the new spot.

We had a big lots that finally did something with the old Service Merchandise building. It was decided up as a Big Lots and some party store. I tried applying when I was 18 but they both closed up around 2019.

Thats what happened in my parents town. The city got pissed off and had both the old Walmart and Cub Foods torn down. The owners didn’t maintain the buildings so roof leaks developed and destroyed the buildings.

Moving a short distance is all it takes sometimes.

In less than 12 hours everything has decided to update while I am using it. Using the PC and Windows just updates despite being set to be done manually. Fine, I was just going through old emails so I switch to the tablet. On that for a few minutes and the email app updates, then Google play services which has something to do with the email app.

So I decided to watch a show through the smart TV and that app decided it had to update and restart the TV.

Just a few minutes ago I was on the tablet getting ready to play a game through SteamLink and Steam decided to update...

I am going to bed before my brain decides to update.

Just as I read this I get an ‘would you like to update iOS now’ ping so I move over to the PC which says ‘downloading critical updates’. Wtf?

Maybe it's just because I now use my home desktop PC all day and shut it down at night but I never get interrupted by Windows updates, they're always at the end of the day or whenever I shut it down. Steam on the PC also doesn't force updates, which is nice.

My phone didn't actually tell me that there was an update but it's there, I appreciate the reminder. ?

So, people who bring -2year olds to the pub, (in the afternoon mind) then let said little sociopath scream, yelp, whatever their heads off while they talk bycicles with their friends......am I right for hating these people?

So, people who bring -2year olds to the pub, (in the afternoon mind) then let said little sociopath scream, yelp, whatever their heads off while they talk bycicles with their friends......am I right for hating these people?
I was actually going to mention my neighbours' screaming 2-4 (ish) year old kids in another thread but the conversation had moved on. Today is quiet so far but they're often outside and can apparently only communicate by screaming.

Just curbed the rear drivers side wheel today on the work car. I know I know, "why should you care, it's a work car!" It still bothers me, live with it.

Also a small annoyance.

1626891914420.png

YOU PACKED IT 2 DAYS AGO, NOW THEY HAVE IT? arrrrgh

Last edited:
Just curbed the rear drivers side wheel today on the work car. I know I know, "why should you care, it's a work car!" It still bothers me, live with it.

Also a small annoyance.

View attachment 3561913

YOU PACKED IT 2 DAYS AGO, NOW THEY HAVE IT? arrrrgh

The times being out-of-sequence actually ruffles my jimmies more than the delay. :lmao: