The "Things that annoy me" thread

Nope, of course all alleged pictures of Wyoming (or Bielefeld in the german version) are doctored, of course THEY thought of that beforehand...

The package is now going in the wrong direction, it is now in Nebraska...

Logistics, how does it work?

Untitled.jpg

Dunno, seems Nebraska is somewhere in between.

Yes, but the package started out in California, so it had to go south.
It depends on the location of the sorting hubs. California to Michigan via Wyoming and Nebraska seems pretty decent, actually.

The airport of Cologne has a large UPS hub and the big brown planes go all over the world from there. Routing a package from, say, Athens to Rome through here wouldn’t surprise me at all.

It depends on the location of the sorting hubs. California to Michigan via Wyoming and Nebraska seems pretty decent, actually.

The airport of Cologne has a large UPS hub and the big brown planes go all over the world from there. Routing a package from, say, Athens to Rome through here wouldn’t surprise me at all.

It's really not terrible, it is just zig zagging a bit. Just let me be annoyed in my own way damnit! ??

Air conditioning seems to have died at home, of course in the middle of a heat wave.

Temperature is around 28° in the living room and our master bedroom.

Air conditioning seems to have died at home, of course in the middle of a heat wave.

Temperature is around 28° in the living room and our master bedroom.
Do you think it's a sign that you should've stayed in Europe? :p

My desktop PC here at work is a Fujitsu i3 something or other, I don't care, with 8 gigs of ram. Plenty fast enough for the office work I do on it. But the noisy little fan inside of it kicks in as soon as you do *anything* and keeps changing its speed up and down every time you move the mouse pointer or click a button. A new chrome tab? Oh my, better run the fan for 15 seconds total at 4 different speeds.

Whoever made this computer should be sent to Siberia, along with every app developer that makes you log in to their stupid app again even though you just did last month.

My desktop PC here at work is a Fujitsu i3 something or other, I don't care, with 8 gigs of ram. Plenty fast enough for the office work I do on it. But the noisy little fan inside of it kicks in as soon as you do *anything* and keeps changing its speed up and down every time you move the mouse pointer or click a button.
Sounds like the inside might be a fire hazard that needs attention from an air duster. Even the stock Intel cooler should be silent on an i3, noise is a good indication to us that they might be full of dust bunnies. Maybe best to tell your IT department. Very rarely we find fans that have just worn prematurely and are just noisy, kicking the machine often helps but we will replace it if we absolutely have to. :p

TVs and monitors that have all the HDMI inputs pointed straight down with about 4 inches of room to work with and no positive slot to guide the cable into the slot.

TVs and monitors that have all the HDMI inputs pointed straight down with about 4 inches of room to work with and no positive slot to guide the cable into the slot.

The last couple times I had to do this, I put my phone on the desk/table below it, screen up, with the selfie camera on, using it like a periscope. That helps quite a bit. Used to use this all the time to look for printer connections and equipment model/serial number labels.

The last couple times I had to do this, I put my phone on the desk/table below it, screen up, with the selfie camera on, using it like a periscope. That helps quite a bit. Used to use this all the time to look for printer connections and equipment model/serial number labels.

I used my tablet like that with my cellphone as a flashlight.

I keep getting FB ads for "XYZ tools are now available from supplier ABC"

Yes, supplier ABC bought said tool manufacturer in 1977 when their founder died in a heart attack. It's been their brand ever since. It's not news. Someone that wrote the ad copy thinks it is, though.

When the religious folk type "In Jesus name". Not the intent behind it, or the person saying it...even ignoring the often out-of-nowhere lack of appropriate context...but the grammar.

Am I missing something, or shouldn't it be "In Jesus's name"? Is this just mush-mouth lack of enunciation being carried over to the written word?

God dang it! I've been debugging a slow Microsoft Exchange server cluster for the last two days and the solution was just to shutdown both servers at the same time instead of rebooting one at a time or fixing the errors in the event viewer... :hammer:

My math teacher is always trying to make lots of small, reeeeeally awkward/unfunny jokes that aren't really jokes, but he thinks they are.

That's not really the annoying part.

The annoying part is the "teacher's pet" who, and you can see her doing this in Zoom when the little microphone icon changes on her thumbnail, purposefully unmutes herself to quietly laugh/chuckle at every joke. Every. Joke.

My math teacher is always trying to make lots of small, reeeeeally awkward/unfunny jokes that aren't really jokes, but he thinks they are.

That's not really the annoying part.

The annoying part is the "teacher's pet" who, and you can see her doing this in Zoom when the little microphone icon changes on her thumbnail, purposefully unmutes herself to quietly laugh/chuckle at every joke. Every. Joke.

I think it was worse in person because the whole class used to do something similar for this blowhard professor. I used to wonder if he DIDN'T know he wasn't funny and they were just laughing out of nervousness and fear. OR He knew he wasn't funny and enjoyed forcing the act on us.

Got a new data plan for my tablet the other week. I had to open an account with a new carrier because they had a nice plan that costs like 3 euros a month and then an euro for 24 hours of unlimited data. If you don't turn mobile data on, it won't cost anything. Suits me fine.

Today they called me to ask if I'm up and running, which I am, obviously. I told them the speeds are a fraction of what my company phone on another carrier gets, to which he replied that I'm on the slowest plan they have. Well, it's 50Mbit and I'm getting more like 5. He then tried to sell me some streaming services and other crap I don't need and if I did, i wouldn't buy them through a phone carrier.

So I'm now queueing to their support chat asking if they can put me on a no-call list or if I'll have to cancel my plan right away.

I can't be the only one that appreciates when my phone company, ISP, insurance company, bank and whatnot just does what I ask without getting in the way.

Two things that are the same and I learned despite how humans can understand this shit, seemingly data entry and the DMV aren't human.

I sold the Fiat and signed with my shortened first name, Chris instead of Christopher. I got a call from the buyer saying I had to sign a form per the DMV stating that Chris *lastname* and Christopher *lastname* are the same person. They will accept an email signature on the form in return. Same thing happened to the Fiat's replacement. Seller is a Joseph, but he signed it Joe. Joe didn't appear to be much in the way of technically affluent, this is going to take a while. :|