The "Things that annoy me" thread

Went to the corner convenience store this afternoon that is down the street from the trophy shop (my last day here as owner, btw). Two things annoyed me.

1. Lots of independent convenience stores have started installing slot machines. It's not legal, many have gotten in trouble for it, but that doesn't seem to stop others. So that means some real weirdos are hanging out in an already weirdo prone business.

2. The cost of a 20 oz/591 mL bottle of soda is about $2.30 around here (or two for $3.50!), but a 12 oz/355 mL can is $0.89. That means I can get two cans for less than the cost of the bottle and still have a little more of that sweet caffeinated nectar that keeps me going. And yes, I guess I have gotten to that age where I see crap like this and it annoys me.

I know people shit on Fallon for his fake laugh, and while I think he's a funnier comedian and better interviewer, Seth Meyers' fake laugh is so much worse.

7C53B054-091F-4152-AAD1-5F3D09A495DC.jpeg

Had an unexpected encounter with these guys today. While very cool to see because momma bear was calm and stayed behind the barrier, this is definitely not a good place for them. Not everyone slows down for wildlife and those bears who come close to humans are always at risk of being “dealt with”.

I kept an eye on today’s Instagram photos from the Transfagarasan and of course, some idiots fed the bears from their car and uploaded a video. :wall:

There's a reason that they were there.

Exactly. And that reason leads them close to people regularly, which gets them killed.

from earlier in this trip:

Cell broadcasting emergency messages that come through four times in just a few minutes are FUCKING annoying! Particularly when they’re not about something like a tornado, but about a bear taking a stroll through the other end of town.

View attachment 3562604

Had an unexpected encounter with these guys today. While very cool to see because momma bear was calm and stayed behind the barrier, this is definitely not a good place for them. Not everyone slows down for wildlife and those bears who come close to humans are always at risk of being “dealt with”.

I kept an eye on today’s Instagram photos from the Transfagarasan and of course, some idiots fed the bears from their car and uploaded a video. :wall:

Oh no, the barrier is rusted as well.

Fucking hell, I am so tired of seeing the refreshed Hyundai Sonata already. How are those things so popular despite so many brands having a shortage of components? And why Sonata's specifically?

View attachment 3562604

Wait, are you behind Bucki und Findi? Two traveling stuffed bears I follow on Instagram posted nearly the same picture: https://www.instagram.com/p/CULH16qIbs3/

Grievances today:
1. Wasabi peas in trail mix. They're just bad, folks. I hate them. They don't go with the raisins or the other dried fruit. They're an unexpected weird twang. I am not a fan.

2. This crap that I yelled about on Twitter: Phone systems that interrupt themselves every two seconds with a "thanks for holding" message. It's bad enough that they're talking on their hold music, giving me false hope that I reached a human...which took a while. It's even worse that they can't even get out the full spoken blurb without interrupting themselves. Talk about distracting. I had to call these idiots during my work hours because they don't have work hours that work around, well, when people work, so any attempts to multitask were constantly interrupted.

The reason for calling was a big grievance, though. This physical therapy office didn't call or anything about this outstanding balance before sending me to their collections office, which didn't even note the date of service of this surprise bill and which misspelled my address, so that might be a factor in this radio silence, too.

Still, could the local office not give me a friggin' call that they apparently messed up the copay on one visit? How freaking incompetent can you be to get both my address wrong in your system AND not to be like, "hey, here's this outstanding bill—should we ask about it when she comes next, or give her a call if she's not scheduled again?" I called the physical therapy chain's stupid central billing office and got it settled, but good grief, this screwup is all them.

(Also, there's the fact that $140 isn't even my whole copay for this, which is absurd. Our lack of a real first-world healthcare system that actually cares about everybody's health is a big thing that annoys me, though, and for another thread.)

2. This crap that I yelled about on Twitter:

So, this physical therapy office didn't call or anything about this outstanding balance before sending me to their collections office, which didn't even note the date of service of this surprise bill and which misspelled my address, so that might be a factor in this radio silence, too.

Still, could the local office not give me a friggin' call that they apparently messed up the copay on one visit? How freaking incompetent can you be to get both my address wrong in your system AND not to be like, "hey, here's this outstanding bill—should we ask about it when she comes next, or give her a call if she's not scheduled again?" I called the physical therapy chain's stupid central billing office and got it settled, but good grief, this screwup is all them.

(Also, there's the fact that $140 isn't even my whole copay for this, which is absurd. Our lack of a real first-world healthcare system that actually cares about everybody's health is a big thing that annoys me, though, and for another thread.)

It's a tiered healthcare system. What employer gives Blue Cross/Blue Shield or whatever the most per year gives the better discounts. What should be more looked at is, how fucking annoying it is and varied options healthcare will be depending on who you work for.

Wait, are you behind Bucki und Findi? Two traveling stuffed bears I follow on Instagram posted nearly the same picture:
Yup! I’ve always hated the idea of taking pictures of places with myself in them. But in March 2007, I took one of the bear that I take everywhere in front of the Helsinki Olympic Stadium and liked it, so I kept at it. The second (smaller) bear was a foundling and joined him in 2015.

Yup! I’ve always hated the idea of taking pictures of places with myself in them. But in March 2007, I took one of the bear that I take everywhere in front of the Helsinki Olympic Stadium and liked it, so I kept at it. The second (smaller) bear was a foundling and joined him in 2015.
OMG! Such a good account. I'm the same way with pics of myself—the Puffalump is much more photogenic. Also, I need to find one of those Bear Hospitals for a couple of my Puffalumps.

UPS. crosspost from iOS Thread… there is tracking of packages, but it’s 100% useless. Why even bother at this point? Last status out of a total of 3 entries (one of which is „label printed“) is still „out for delivery“ from 6:30 this morning.
My 13pro didn’t. UPS is still trying to tell me it’ll arrive by… *checks notes*… 7 hours ago :|

Why does every fucking town around here have three or four auto parts stores that sell the same shit? If advance doesn’t have something, O’Reilly, Autozone, or Napa won’t have it. Jesus fuck, at least try and have something special to set yourself apart.

Why does every fucking town around here have three or four auto parts stores that sell the same shit? If advance doesn’t have something, O’Reilly, Autozone, or Napa won’t have it. Jesus fuck, at least try and have something special to set yourself apart.

Napa put a regional hub in near us, I haven't been there yet, but they say they have nearly anything you need.

Napa put a regional hub in near us, I haven't been there yet, but they say they have nearly anything you need.

Yeah, maybe... It's just annoying when I live within 15 minutes of like 4-5 cities/town/villages and they all have each of the stores I listed above and they all stock the same stuff for the most part. At least for me, of all the cars I've owned I've had general service items for a 1993 F-150 Flareside and that's about it.

I guess life is easier with a late 2000s Malibu or Corolla.

Yeah, maybe... It's just annoying when I live within 15 minutes of like 4-5 cities/town/villages and they all have each of the stores I listed above and they all stock the same stuff for the most part. At least for me, of all the cars I've owned I've had general service items for a 1993 F-150 Flareside and that's about it.

Was this for the Rusty Road?

Was this for the Rusty Road?

Not directly. Mercury, Fiat, and the Rusty Road all have needed parts ordered for it. Just a general frustration really. Why bother going to a store when Rock Auto is right there?

Not directly. Mercury, Fiat, and the Rusty Road all have needed parts ordered for it. Just a general frustration really. Why bother going to a store when Rock Auto is right there?

And typically much cheaper for name brand over the house parts that fail anyway.

Oh yeah. I'm fortunate enough to have the distro centers right here in town, and O'Reilly's is really great about not just ordering things over, but telling me when to expect them—even for the obscure 411-with-a-914-engine stuff. But yeah, the parts kept in stock are the ones for the mass market, for sure. If I need any hardware for the older metricwagens, it's usually a Lowe's and/or maybe a Grainger trip.