The "Things that annoy me" thread

There used to be a pretty good "alternative rock" station around here. A few years ago they pulled back on their more indi/experimental/electronic stuff. Yesterday, they switched to "Dave FM: Totally Random Radio."

Does anyone really need a station that goes from Devo to MC Hammer to Guns and Roses to The Pointer Sisters, except maybe a supermarket or Office Depot?

[rant]

I CAN'T STAND A SINGLE FUCKING RADIO STATION BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY PUT THE BROADCAST INSIDE A METAL TRASH CAN, MIC'D IT UP AND MADE THAT THE BROADCAST AUDIO.

[/rant]

Seriously, I cannot listen to radio anymore because of this issue happening about 4-5 years ago to every single analog radio station. It hurts so much.

Non-serviceable things.
The glass sliding door for the bathtub/shower was sticking and wouldn't open past a certain point.
I find out one of the wheels came off and the other has the screw sticking out, preventing the door from fully opening. No problem, right?
WRONG
The piece that covers the rails has NO SCREWS, no nothing. How the hell do I take it out?
AAAAAAAAAAAGH

Continuing the moan about chargers, I stopped at a BP petrol station I was passing yesterday that has two chargers and was greeted by two screens that said out of order. It's a good thing I hadn't planned the journey around using these, their app refuses to acknowledge that they're out of order. They also have the wrong price printed on them.

actually printing (ok ok stickering) the price onto the charger seems like such a dumb idea. at least over here the prices change all the time anyway... not quite as bad as with petrol, but still. also: it'd create confusion (of da highest orda!) as only about 5-10% of all charging sessions are even paid to the operator of the charger directly, everything else is handled through individual tariffs by various mobility providers... ugh, it's all crap, I tell you!
read a question on twitter today whether it'd be possible to teach the app to show which make the chargers at certain stations are, so they can void the ABB nightmare and just head straight for the alpitronic hypercharger equipped ones :D (no it's not possible, since the roaming platforms don't transmit that information).

That is annoying but we don’t even get any idea of price at all. It’s all dependant on what charge card you use, and there’s a million different ways of invoicing (per minute, per kwh, with a startup fee or without,…)

It’s a nightmare

actually printing (ok ok stickering) the price onto the charger seems like such a dumb idea. at least over here the prices change all the time anyway... not quite as bad as with petrol, but still. also: it'd create confusion (of da highest orda!) as only about 5-10% of all charging sessions are even paid to the operator of the charger directly, everything else is handled through individual tariffs by various mobility providers... ugh, it's all crap, I tell you!
read a question on twitter today whether it'd be possible to teach the app to show which make the chargers at certain stations are, so they can void the ABB nightmare and just head straight for the alpitronic hypercharger equipped ones :D (no it's not possible, since the roaming platforms don't transmit that information).
Seems like a retrofit/afterthought contactless credit card terminal to me :dunno: plug in, tap credit card, charge. Dreamy.

Seems like a retrofit/afterthought contactless credit card terminal to me :dunno: plug in, tap credit card, charge. Dreamy.
It is, unless the machine thinks it has a card slot like the ones I tried to use last week and insists that you use it!

Speaking of charging and prices: I'm very annoyed that the price of our synthetic diesel keeps creeping up whenever the fossil fuels go up. Normal diesel is the cheapest of the fossil fuels, 95E10 is ~20ct more and 98E5 is ~10ct more still.

I wouldn't mind using renewable fuel, but i'm absolutely not going to to as long as it's 30-35ct more than dino juice.

On mine, you have to lift the doors off of their tracks, then the upper rail just lifts up. Only held in place by the weight of the doors.
Tried that.
Nope.

Got invited to a work lunch today to recognize the effort of a team of people.

Invitation was for 11:45, l left home early enough to get here at 11:43, only to be told by the restaurant staff that the reservation is for 12:00, so of course I'm the only one here.

I guess the organizers assumed everyone would be late.

Did you have Poutine? I can imagine the frustration in waiting 15 extra minutes for it, however I suspect all would be forgive once poutine arrived.

Yes, in my mind you only ever eat poutine now. :p

Did you have Poutine? I can imagine the frustration in waiting 15 extra minutes for it, however I suspect all would be forgive once poutine arrived.

Yes, in my mind you only ever eat poutine now. :p

IMG_20211020_122307.jpg

I'm still waiting to order, I will probably go for the pizza.

Oh yes, time zones and me not reading tenses correctly.

You should ask for the proper menu, that one's all written in Foreign. ?

Clicked on a recipe called "Million Dollar Chicken". The subtitle included "Bold and fresh flavors."

Here's the whole recipe:
skinless chicken breast
mayo
cream cheese
Bacon
Green onions

Hyperbole much?

Companies that make picture frames and companies that print photographs should call each other and figure out what sizes to standardize on.

Boomers in front of you in line who take 35 minutes to pee when you really, really need to go......get your prostate checked you old fossil!