The "Things that annoy me" thread

Yeah, because it rolled over 2^31 into the negatives of a signed 32-bit integer.
Reminiscent of old arcade games going nuts after certain scores/levels because nobody coding the things thought people would get that far.

So I just got permabanned from reddit for 'promoting hate' against Muslims, that's the state of the world folks: a religion that wants to end us all and destroy everything the West stands for you can't say anything about because some leftie wokies take offence.....

I guess you don't know them like I do mate.....'generalisation' is only true if there is evidence to support what I'm saying is factualy wrong, I've never seen it, those people dispise us on every level, the more religious they are, the worse it gets.

Sure we all know 'pleasent' muslims, the preverbial Mo standing for Mohammed, they live and work among us with ease, not fanatic, they raise their kids to be Europeans who happen to know Morrocan cuisine (delicious btw!) Great people! The only do the whole ramadam thing as a family gettogether, just like they celebrate Christmas, awesome, great people! Never a single problem, And you know what they have in common? They are not really religious.......they just happen to be Muslim because getting out of Islam is very hard, and very dangerous.

Cause you know the sad hard truth? Islam breeds fanatism, fundementalism, and extremism, it's in its nature, it's intolerant, even violent toward other religions......we should be very wary of that, and how we let that religion into our lives......I'm scared shitless! Not gonna lie.

Last edited:
I guess you don't know them like I do mate.....'generalisation' is only true if there is evidence to support what I'm saying is factualy wrong, I've never seen it, those people dispise us on every level, the more religious they are, the worse it gets.

*Christianity has entered the chat*

*Christianity has entered the chat*
Christianity was just as bad, but we got better, it was called the enlightenment movement, which is a very arrogant name for stop killing people who don't believe what you do .

Sweet! Another round of “I hate Muslims, therefore Muslims hate everyone who is even vaguely like me“! Haven’t seen one of those in a while.

Actually that's the other way around, I don't care what you believe, but your freedom of religion stops at 'killing and enslaving the unbelievers' .

LOL

(added spoiler tags because of blunt language)

You don’t care what others believe, but you give us the same ole laundry list of islamophobic talking points that comes up every single time some self-proclaimed representative of all “the West” on the internet has a problem with that particular version of the Abrahamic fairy tales. Right. ?

Just be honest, spare us the BS excuses and admit to yourself that you have a problem with people who say “in sha’Allah” instead of “God willing”. In my over twenty years on the internet, never have I ever seen the “Muslims are horrible and if they’re not horrible, they’re not really Muslims” story brought up by someone who didn’t turn out to be an Islamophobe.

For the record, I really don’t give a flying fuck (to put it mildly) what you think about Islam. But I do have a low tolerance for bullshit and dishonesty. If that makes me a “leftie wokie”, I will proudly be one.

Anyway, here endeth my sermon. @Quiky, feel free to can it.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you are saying, but I believe it. ?
Actual explanation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer_overflow
Car terms: It's like your odometer rolling over to zero, except you need to go through all negative numbers first before reaching zero.

PS: In order to put this thread back on track, have some Otto goodness: Fixing overflow problems by sending it back to Merc for sticker application every 100000km :lmao:

40137602.jpg

Last edited:
Having to write an acceptance speech for an award that I don't really feel worthy of. (Is that the nice way of saying I didn't want to be nominated for it in the first place?)

Be sincere, be brief, be seated.

if its a dinner ask that the chef and cook staff and waiters come out and thank them profusely. Its a cheap trick to get alot of people to clap. Recognize those who you think are deserving of recognition and have parties of three or more that will clap just for having mentioned a name in their party. Then say "I really do deserve this award, thankyouverymuchgoodnighteverybody" and run the fuck away before you can be asked for another donation.

aving to write an acceptance speech for an award that I don't really feel worthy of. (Is that the nice way of saying I didn't want to be nominated for it in the first place?)

Humble brag? :p

Did you make your own trophy*? lol

Start off with a joke and make it clear you don't ever want to be nominated for anything again! lol

* I know that the trophy shop was sold.

When you buy something that mounts on the wall (a battery holder) and the screws with it are countersunk when the thing you’re putting them through very much isn’t countersunk.

Then after drilling the holes in the wall you find that the wall plugs provided are junk and the screws provided don’t bite into them at all.

It’s a nice battery holder now I’ve screwed it onto the wall with my own wall plugs and longer button head screws…

Humble brag? :p

Did you make your own trophy*? lol

Start off with a joke and make it clear you don't ever want to be nominated for anything again! lol

* I know that the trophy shop was sold.

Not really. I actually don't think I'm old enough to receive the award. It's for drag race pioneers in the Southwest Missouri area. The guys that chair the thing are weird and sometimes miss the point of the group (I've sat in on a couple of their meetings).