The "Things that annoy me" thread

Then there's egg noodles, like what you might get with a stroganoff...

Last weekend I ordered garlic noodles from a Chinese restaurant. It was made with linguini.

The Italians aren’t the only ones to cut their noodlepasta like that. IIRC, the main difference is the type of wheat used to make it: hard wheat/durum = Italian, everything else = not Italian. Exceptions almost certainly apply.

Great.....now I want spaghetti......

Find job opening.
Send application for job.
"Assessments will be ready at the end of November."
Late December: "We changed the committee. Assessments will be ready this month.
Today, January 7th: "You've been assessed and deemed able for this opening. Does not mean you will be interviewed."
No deadline. No nothing.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

In the context or putting salt out to get rid of the ice. I will say ice instead of salt. Why is this always happening?!

“I need to put ice down.” EVERY TIME.

Also, fuck this weather. It got above freezing overnight, drizzled a bit, then drop back down to freezing temps. THANKS.

In the context or putting salt out to get rid of the ice. I will say ice instead of salt. Why is this always happening?!

“I need to put ice down.” EVERY TIME.

Also, fuck this weather. It got above freezing overnight, drizzled a bit, then drop back down to freezing temps. THANKS.
Make salt cubes just to keep messing with your own head.

The stupid hub dynamo plug that just sort of wedges the cable between two pieces of plastic… just look at the cable in a funny way and it just falls out. Doesn’t disconnect regularly though, noooo, the cable just pulls straight out of the body plastic connector thingy 🤦‍♂️ Ofc it happens on the way somewhere during the day meaning I have to walk home (because there’s no way I’ll ride without lights). At least it was only 1.5 km I guess…
It’s time for zip ties. All of them…

The stupid hub dynamo plug that just sort of wedges the cable between two pieces of plastic… just look at the cable in a funny way and it just falls out.
And if you fiddle with it to fix it, it comes undone again when you are just finishing up by putting the plug onto the socket.

It took me far too long to realise we were talking about pedalbikes here. The lights don't have a rechargeable battery or the option to run from backup AAs?

Honestly if it was up to me, everything portable would have the option from the factory to run from AAs in an emergency. Like Sony used to make those little clip on packs for Minidisc players that held a single cell.

It took me far too long to realise we were talking about pedalbikes here. The lights don't have a rechargeable battery or the option to run from backup AAs?

Honestly if it was up to me, everything portable would have the option from the factory to run from AAs in an emergency. Like Sony used to make those little clip on packs for Minidisc players that held a single cell.

For the longest time I would push my mother to buy digital cameras that ran off of AA’s because she didn’t remember to charge cameras. Easier to go to a pharmacy in whatever vacation destination than waiting for a proprietary battery to charge. Then those cameras started to rip through AA’s capacity.

Why does liquid soap dry so hard?

I just looked up my grades from the Fall Semester on the "official" page. My math grade is a "B".

Now...maybe I'm worse at math than I thought, but I'm not sure how a 99.74% homework average + 100% final exam score + 100% attendance equates to a "B" grade. :wall:

I just looked up my grades from the Fall Semester on the "official" page. My math grade is a "B".

Now...maybe I'm worse at math than I thought, but I'm not sure how a 99.74% homework average + 100% final exam score + 100% attendance equates to a "B" grade. :wall:

Do they grade on a curve?

The lights don't have a rechargeable battery or the option to run from backup AAs?
No, why would they, usually the dynamo just works. It’s super reliable except for that stupid plug connector.
Also: batteries are just going to be empty when you need them, because of reasons.

Must be something like...
View attachment 3563618

That assumes that you can't get more than 100%.

Loosing your train of thought. I was just looking up a few things online and was about halfway through and I can't remember the rest. I guess it is a good thing that I did the important stuff first.

Must be something like...
Also, isn't there this thing where grades are assigned according to some normal-distribution among the results of the whole class? As in: your grade is relative to the other results (e.g. top 10% of class get A, next 20% get B, etc.), rather than according to a fixed scale (e.g. A > 95%, B > 85%, etc.). This could explain your B, if a very large part of the class got very high marks (close to 100%, in some cases even closer than you) and a comparably small part got less....

That assumes that you can't get more than 100%.
also this.