The "Things that annoy me" thread

Thanks, science magazine, for taking nearly a year* between accepting my article and actually publishing it.
It's not like this is important, or something.
*estimated time. I have yet to see it published.

What annoys me right now?

The way iOS can't apply the damn OS update when you tell it to. Instead it's wasting my time stopping mid-way asking for further confirmation even after I already told it once I wanted to update, AND requiring me to enter the PIN code.

What annoys me right now?

The way iOS can't apply the damn OS update when you tell it to. Instead it's wasting my time stopping mid-way asking for further confirmation even after I already told it once I wanted to update, AND requiring me to enter the PIN code.

I haaaaate this.

Worth sharing in case any of us watch them and didn't realise? I'm ready to have my mind blown.

I'm subbed to lots of channels, haven't come across an anti-vaxxer in there yet. A lot of the technical channels don't talk about that, to be fair.

A lot of the technical channels don't talk about that, to be fair.
Which, to be honest, is fair enough. If they have weird beliefs/convictions then they're self-reflecting enough to keep a topic like that out of their channel where it doesn't belong. Would actually be a positive in all that, that they don't feel the need to preach. Still dumb, and of course up to you to decide whether to support people with crazy views with your attention, but I think if they don't make a public point of their convictions, then the damage those inflict may be minimal.

I was trying to keep the politics out of the general section, but here goes:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeYVyhhHY-Y&t=2s
Anyway, If I misread this video, please to tell me, but as far as I could gather it goes like this:
Some Canadian truckers are refusing to vaccinate and are on a convoy to Ottawa to "protect" their freedom of being dickheads.
AvE is supporting them, hiding under the umbrella of "freedom".
Am I reading this right?

I scrolled past the thumbnail this morning, saw something about freedom and thought "AvE, nah, can't be..."

Video still unwatched. Please tell me I'm wrong.

AvE has a good heart but I don't agree with this one. I keep thinking of 'Freedom isn't free' from Team America, sometimes you need to do your part. I've unsubbed for now anyway, sadly I haven't enjoyed his videos for quite a while.

That also explains Musk's tweet about Canadian truckers being the best.

Youtube is in the middle of a feature update and every time I load the main page it behaves differently. Goes back and forth between two versions. Feh.

Saw the Canadian thing earlier in the week. From what I understand the protest is not a black-and-white anti-vax protest; it is a protest against the Canadian vaccine mandates(to some that may mean the same thing). It involves both vaccinated and unvaccinated truckers. Trudeau called them a "fringe minority" but some outlets are saying that there are thousands of truckers in total and they managed to raise $5-$6 million in support.

We are due to have the temperature dip below 0°F for the first time this season. I have received a dozen calls either whining about it, or in a panic about not being prepared for it. We are in Michigan, it gets cold. Deal with it. Run to the store, grab some staples, and break out an extra blanket.

John Heisz, too. A while back he made some video making fun of someone wearing a mask near him, and he's had some pretty shitty takes. I've unsubscribed from his more laid-back 2nd channel, and now only watch project videos if they interest me.

Saw the Canadian thing earlier in the week. From what I understand the protest is not a black-and-white anti-vax protest; it is a protest against the Canadian vaccine mandates(to some that may mean the same thing). It involves both vaccinated and unvaccinated truckers. Trudeau called them a "fringe minority" but some outlets are saying that there are thousands of truckers in total and they managed to raise $5-$6 million in support.

I've seen claims it's as high as 50,000 truckers, and then some saying it's more like 700 vehicles, mostly passenger cars, when they took a tally.

The US also has basically the same requirements on our side of the border, as of last week.

But $5-6m is pretty easy to raise through GFM, etc. Especially when so much is given by those using aliases and unnamed donors. https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/vaccine-protest-convoy-gofundme-donations-1.6330594

it is a protest against the Canadian vaccine mandates(to some that may mean the same thing).
Well, if you are against a mandate that requires you to be vaccinated...you're anti-vaxx.
Seems pretty clear to me.

No, not exactly. Not wanting to be legally forced to let yourself be injected with anything is a different thing than being against vaccination as a whole.

Sadly, the crazies have taken over in such a way that this distinction is mostly lost. Which annoys me, to get back to topic...

I was trying to keep the politics out of the general section, but here goes:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeYVyhhHY-Y&t=2s
Anyway, If I misread this video, please to tell me, but as far as I could gather it goes like this:
Some Canadian truckers are refusing to vaccinate and are on a convoy to Ottawa to "protect" their freedom of being dickheads.
AvE is supporting them, hiding under the umbrella of "freedom".
Am I reading this right?
Dafuq did I just listen to?
A divebomb straight from freedom of opinion through antisemitic views with a brief stop at Hitler straight into equating themselves with the civil rights movement?