The "Things that annoy me" thread

it’s not like they’re just left on 24/7? They’re switched on at dusk?

Every evening about sunset they come on, but go out later in the evening. It's 10:30 and they are still on, but last night they were off by 11:00.

Edit: It's now 11:15, I'm headed to bed and they are off.

Last edited:
Let's just hope that they're solar powered lights so they aren't really wasting any energy! That generally explains why they go off randomly later at night. Source: Parents love the bastard things.

Old people, especialy round where I live, they don't know anything, because they never had any edjucation, and they never left their own village, yet they claim to know EVERYTHING.

I'm fucking 42, I've seen a lot of shit, done more, been everywhere, got into trouble for quite a lot of it .....yet everything I say I'm an idiot who doesen't know a thing 'cause you are to young'.

Can we please start blending old people?

Old people, especialy round where I live, they don't know anything, because they never had any edjucation, and they never left their own village, yet they claim to know EVERYTHING.

I'm fucking 42, I've seen a lot of shit, done more, been everywhere, got into trouble for quite a lot of it .....yet everything I say I'm an idiot who doesen't know a thing 'cause you are to young'.

Can we please start blending old people?

“The millennials don’t want to work, they don’t know what hard work is. They’ve been coddled for way too long.”

Yeah and who raised them? Who told them to go to college because they’re worthless without a degree, and you don’t want to work that shitty mechanical job.”

Now we need mechanical type people. But it’s young people’s fault.

Honest to God.....a generation of idiots, IDIOTS, leftwing, ignorant, blind and stupid.

Instagram shadowbans. Set up an account, and after commenting on some posts, now I can't comment anymore or post with text.

I’ve been an AA member in the UK since 2015 (that’s the brum car AA not the drinky AA) and nothing has changed, why the frigging heck do they send me a new plastic membership card every year?

It doesn’t have dates on it to indicate expiry, the previous one had a magnetic strip on it that I thought might contain more data but the new replacement doesn’t have that at all. The old one was glittery too and the new one is just plain yellow. Must add up to quite a big waste of plastic.

I’ve been an AA member in the UK since 2015 (that’s the brum car AA not the drinky AA) and nothing has changed, why the frigging heck do they send me a new plastic membership card every year?

It doesn’t have dates on it to indicate expiry, the previous one had a magnetic strip on it that I thought might contain more data but the new replacement doesn’t have that at all. The old one was glittery too and the new one is just plain yellow. Must add up to quite a big waste of plastic.

Just for show. I was tempted in April when at the Stuttgart classic car expo, some guys were selling old ADAC badges with angry eagles on them and stuff. I’m weird and have an old Allis & Chalmers fire pump spec badge that I picked up from a factory in Ohio. The section I was taken through was the old “power house” which is speak for “the building where all the utility equipment lived, boilers, air compressors, chillers, and in this case sprinkler fire suppression pumps. Since the factory used to be an Allis & Chalmers electric motor factory and is now owned by Siemens (who built the last generation Amtrak Northeast Corridor motors). Since the pumps were missing, I asked the guy I was with if I could have the label. And so it sits in my garage with AC Delco signage and my now expired boiler license.

Ziplock type bag closures on snacks. Why is it that half of the time they seem to be next to impossible to open and then won't stay closed after you do get them open?

Searching 2 different automakers websites for inventory showed nothing near me. The closest was 40 miles away, not extremely far, but when I checked the nearest dealership, they had one.

Ziplock type bag closures on snacks. Why is it that half of the time they seem to be next to impossible to open and then won't stay closed after you do get them open?

My favorite is when you open the bag exactly as instructed, and the zipper pulls away from the bag on one side, rather then the zipper opening, so then you have to tie/clip the bag shut anyway.

I’m annoyed by the way that in addition to men, more and more women make me think “Will you please put on some more clothes?”

I’m annoyed by the way that in addition to men, more and more women make me think “Will you please put on some more clothes?”
How do you mean?

How do you mean?

Bare midriffs above sweatpants that go up to the navel, necklines that go down to the navel, buttocks hanging out and so on. The current female “fashion trends“ just don’t agree with me because IMHO, those things have their places and a city street in the middle of the day isn’t one of them.

As for guys… well, I think the world doesn’t need to see all that much of our body hair.

forgot to add the strangest one: high-waist trousers, a bra or bustier and a coat; no shirt or blouse

Last edited: