The "Things that annoy me" thread

After having a specific meeting about how to put in our new windows and blinds without fucking up the facade, then reminding the window guys about it this morning and being told „oh yeah sure totally“, they then proceed to do exactly what they were told NOT to do and fuck up the facade. Thanks assholes.

edit: talked to them again, described in minute detail what exactly they were supposed to do different. "oh yeah, that makes sense. it's actually not even more work... alright". i'm fully prepared to find the other windows this afternoon with big holes in the facade again because fuck you or whatever.

Last edited:
Some people, honestly, so you look like a disprotioned midget, you decide to come to the pub, nice pub, decent folk, not some dive, and you dress in shorts , sandals and a sleeveless shirt, that's 'ieuw' but you also have not cut your toenails in six months, have never shaved under your arms, ever, have not had a haircut in six months, I'll forgive the lazy eye cause that's more your parents then you, but what I can't forgive is that judging by the smell you also have not showered in a week, forget fresh sweat, it's 40 degrees we all sweat, this is weak old plain and simple stench.....quadrupel fucking ieuw.

Crap. I arrived at my parents’ this evening and now the forest is on fire some 300 meters away from the house. Not yet a big fire and the wind is blowing it away from us, but if you could keep your fingers crossed that’d be great.

It might be out for the time being, at least I couldn’t see anything burning a little while ago. But there’s plenty of fuel for any remaining embers and little (if any) rain in sight, so this isn’t over just yet. Damn glad they caught it early. There’s nothing but a narrow field, a street and two rows of houses between here and the edge of the forest.

I'm dreading this year's fire season. I think we got off easy last year 'round here. We bought an air purifier since The Great 2020 Blade-Runner-ing of San Francisco, and we've stocked up on N95s.

This nations obsession with football (soccer) , the 'season' has recently started again, whatever that means, people are acting like it's the second coming of Christ, while as far as I can figure out it happens every year?

It's on in every pub, all the time, beeing commented on loudly and obnoxiously by the kind of people I want no dealings with.....I just cannot see the appeal, as far as I can work out it's 90 minutes of mostly African men with questionable haircuts chasing a ball, then kicking it away again, often as not doing this back and forth for 90 minutes whithout scoring once? Where's the appeal in that?

I don’t get it either… the sheer amount of coverage and commitment attached to it is just ridiculous.
But then again, I just followed 20 days of the Tour de France as much as i could, which is just 150 skinny dudes suffering their ass off on bicycles, so maybe I should be real quiet… 🤔
Sports should be like religion - I don’t care, you do you, but leave me alone with it (unless you’re really certain we share the same interest).

This nations obsession with football (soccer) , the 'season' has recently started again, whatever that means, people are acting like it's the second coming of Christ, while as far as I can figure out it happens every year?

It's on in every pub, all the time, beeing commented on loudly and obnoxiously by the kind of people I want no dealings with.....I just cannot see the appeal, as far as I can work out it's 90 minutes of men xith questionable haircuts chasing a ball, then kicking it away again, often as not doing this back and forth for 90 minutes whithout scoring once? Where the appeal in that?
Sports should be like religion - I don’t care, you do you, but leave me alone with it (unless you’re really certain we share the same interest).
Could not agree more!

Dudes, something really weird is happening to the quotes systhem..... and I'm drunk, somebody fix it! *burp*

This is why I hate stereoes that start play automatically. Any song in your music library that starts with A or 1 or both. I hate the existence of A V H by Ozzy Osbourne.

It’s the reason I can’t listen to Africa any longer.

Streaming apps and the way they get updated to fail in a new and even more aggregating way. Currently, the Paramount app on Roku kicks you out of the app after watching anything in the extras folders. I thought it would be a good idea to watch a couple of new Star Trek trailers that just came out and then another short video and got dropped to the Roku menu each time...

The YouTube app was loading, but it would not do anything while it decided that I was not in an account that was allowed to be used through the TV app. Then it would allow me to choose the account that I was already in at the start. This was mildly annoying.

The new thing is for it to highlight one video and when you select it, it plays the video next to it about half of the time.

When any list of "best earbuds for sleeping" is dominated exclusively by earbuds that stick way out, and would never stay in for anyone who moves in their sleep.

1658802717826.png

So far, it still seems like my 2020 earbuds might still be the best option, and they still aren't ideal.

Went swimming in dad's little above ground pool. Guess he's got the chlorine turned to eleven. Everything is super fuzzy and if it emits light has a halo.

Edit: Several hours later and it's not a whole let better. Hopefully sleep will fix it.

Last edited:
credit card fraud + analogue bank stuck in the 1990s = hugely annoying :rolleyes:

Thankfully, it’s now down to just one of my cards and the first case of fraud on a predecessor of this card was resolved without financial damage to me, but nevertheless, I want the fraudster to be caught and for the bank to move into this century.

credit card fraud + analogue bank stuck in the 1990s = hugely annoying :rolleyes:

Thankfully, it’s now down to just one of my cards and the first case of fraud on a predecessor of this card was resolved without financial damage to me, but nevertheless, I want the fraudster to be caught and for the bank to move into this century.

…or maybe not. Could be a legitimate charge whose description is cryptical, but includes a googleable phone number. Which is still annoying, but much less so.