The "Things that annoy me" thread

Walk behinds are a disaster, always have been......if you need me to walk behind you what's the point of you? Does it take an extrahuman amount of effort to pump up a regular pallet jack or pull it in this direction or that? But I have to walk behind the damn thing? That somehow saves energy?

Walk behinds are a disaster, always have been......if you need me to walk behind you what's the point of you? Does it take an extrahuman amount of effort to pump up a regular pallet jack or pull it in this direction or that? But I have to walk behind the damn thing? That somehow saves energy?

Electric power helps when you’ve got a 1000kg pallet to stack.

Stacking yess, forgot about that, still a half assed solution.

I am currently in Bergen. Rain is forecast for each day until we leave and beyond...
I'm not a music festival person but isn't that part of the atmosphere? Maybe that's just the legacy of Glastonbury. I was reading about an Aussie festival where the sub-glasto levels of rain and mud became national news because they simply aren't used to it.

I am hunting for An House to move into with Girlfriend_70s. I NEED a driveway for my antics, I'd LIKE a garage.

63edd0bf-302c-4166-9098-dc1d80656359.jpg

This looks ideal. Oh wait...

5daf9556-e835-4f42-8c17-7877336f1f30.jpg

FFS. This is all too common for rental properties. Not sure if it's to deter people like me, because it's nice for the landlord to store shit away from their own house or because tenants probably leave garages full of junk when they move out...

Either way, it's annoying.

Is it a case where it's available, for an up-charge, so it's not "included" in the home's posted rent amount?

Somebody drank one of my fancy sodas! Now I have to share the last one for mixed drinks. Maybe I should install a camera in the fridge?

Update:

Whoever drank it (I know who it was and will chastise/thank them later), also bought a new 6 pack, but failed to put any in the fridge. This is, at least in my opinion, a party foul. Just like leaving the ice cube tray with a cube or two and putting it back in the freezer.

Last edited:
I'm not a music festival person but isn't that part of the atmosphere? Maybe that's just the legacy of Glastonbury. I was reading about an Aussie festival where the sub-glasto levels of rain and mud became national news because they simply aren't used to it.
In this case you are right and wrong at the same time since the Festival is indoors, but all about the legacy of the second wave of black metal, which primarily originated from Norway and is very much fitting in with dark and gloomy weather.

For outdoor festivals, I prefer sun or overcast sky without rain.

I dislike overcast. It always gives me a false sense of security of protection from the sun (both: eyes and skin). Though a long day of hot sun does tend to turn tempers up as people get dehydrated...which is why I stopped going to festivals after Ozzfest '99.

Last edited:
When people try to use the "much less" phrase, but they switch around the two things. For example:

Correct: "I can't afford a new car, much less a new phone."

Incorrect: "I can't afford a new phone, much less a new car."

Perhaps not the ideal examples above, but hopefully you get what I mean. The second thing listed is meant to be less serious/severe/expensive, etc as a way to indicate just how unlikely the first one is, since something easier is also not likely. I know I'm explaining it poorly as I'm very tired, but I hope that makes sense.

I think you switched the two examples around. :ROFLMAO:

You're tired, much less capable of producing a coherent forum post.

I think you switched the two examples around. :ROFLMAO:

You're tired, much less capable of producing a coherent forum post.
wellshit-shit.gif

Indeed. Ha!

Well, my annoyance is right, but my examples/explanation was corrupted.

Last edited:
I can't say I've heard anyone using those backwards but that would indeed be annoying and nonsensical!

Ok, I've had a nap and a shower, and stumbled across a new annoyance.

This new brunch place's waffles.

IMG_20220806_223725.jpg

Notice something odd about their presentation?

Why the hell does the customer only get 3/4 of the waffle?

And wanna know what's even more fucked up? If you order the "waffle sampler" menu item, not only does it cost LESS than several of the choices you can select for your sampler, BUT THE SAMPLER COMES WITH FOUR PIECES!

Last edited:
People with modern cars that should have adaptive cruise but still tailgate when someone’s going slow. Today, a BMW iX.

A while back I saw a whole queue stuck behind some slow moving farm equipment and the only car keeping any kind of a distance was a Tesla, probably because it was on autopilot.

So, it’s raining all day today where I am currently, and I was behind somebody doing 50 km an hour in a 65 km an hour and would brake when a soft curve appeared, I got so pissed I pulled off and I’m sitting here waiting for the person to get off the road that I need to drive down. Because the road goes up to 90 km an hour….

So, it’s raining all day today where I am currently, and I was behind somebody doing 50 km an hour in a 65 km an hour and would brake when a soft curve appeared, I got so pissed I pulled off and I’m sitting here waiting for the person to get off the road that I need to drive down. Because the road goes up to 90 km an hour….
I've done that on my recent MX-5 drives, it's better for everyone because you got a quick breather, you got to enjoy the road, they can stay in their own little world and then upset someone else.

push notification two hours before I need to go to the station: “Your train is running late and will depart 19 minutes behind schedule.”

me: “Alright, more time for breakfast.“

40 minutes before I have to leave: “Actually, it’s now only three minutes late!”

me: :censored::wall::idiot:and start hurrying and just catch the tram ten minutes after the one I was originally supposed to take. “Phew, this is probably going to work.”

PN just after sweaty me gets on said tram: “Your train is now running 20 minutes late.”

🙄

At least the Deutsche Bahn app lets you buy train tickets until ten minutes after departure, however late that turns out to be.