The "Things that annoy me" thread

I've been tempted by that before, as it would include YT Music to use instead of Spotify too. It's £1 more per month for the YT premium family account than family Spotify. Thing is, I don't really watch YT on mobile (apart from the Roadkill episodes I have privately uploaded on a secret channel) or TV and have an ad-blocker for the rest.

I support channels on Patreon if I want to but I suppose it would be nice to give some support to all channels I view.

I'm shopping for a metal water bottle But the availability is often seemingly super weird for the cap styles I like.

12oz - metal
14oz - plastic
18oz - plastic <---
20oz - plastic .......... range of what I want
24oz - plastic <---
28oz - plastic
30oz - plastic
36oz - plastic
40oz - metal

I keep adding an extra "e" on the end of "sesame", and I don't know why.

Finger stutter?
No, in my head, the word is "sesamee". And I don't know why. I even have a mental image of a "Sasamee Street" sign logo, but that's not what it says.

Married couples who have more than these number of kids and yet earn that little. Wish they'd pay people to voluntarily stop having kids if they cannot earn any more
More than these number of children per household's married couple​
Annual household US$ Income​
Monthly household US$ Income​
1​
<10K​
<833.33​
2​
10-20K​
833.34-1,666.67​
3​
20-40K​
1,666.68-3,333.33​
4​
40-60K​
3,333.34-5,000.00​
5​
60-80K​
5,000.01-6,666.67​
6​
80-100K​
6,666.68-8,333.33​

Married couples who have more than these number of kids and yet earn that little. Wish they'd pay people to voluntarily stop having kids if they cannot earn any more
More than these number of children per household's married couple​
Annual household US$ Income​
Monthly household US$ Income​
1​
<10K​
<833.33​
2​
10-20K​
833.34-1,666.67​
3​
20-40K​
1,666.68-3,333.33​
4​
40-60K​
3,333.34-5,000.00​
5​
60-80K​
5,000.01-6,666.67​
6​
80-100K​
6,666.68-8,333.33​

We pay farmers to not grow certain crops, so... ha! Thia does seem, though, like it could be easily abused as a sort of "financial sterilization" to eliminate certain groups of people.

We pay farmers to not grow certain crops, so... ha! Thia does seem, though, like it could be easily abused as a sort of "financial sterilization" to eliminate certain groups of people.
I'd like to amend "married couples" to any couples with kids.

Joe, how can a couple support themselves & more than 1 kid on less than $10k/year?

Without the stats & numbers to back it up it comes like elitism to the worst degree but the elite income group tend to have 2 or less kids.

So is having poor people follow the fertility of rich people that "sterilization"?

The purpose of providing financial incentives for these couples to voluntarily stop having kids after the 1st 1 or 2 is so that whatever little income they have can be focused on those 2 or fewer kids.

Like say if they make less than $10k/year then ~50% of that income can go to just 1 child rather than split among 2-4 or more.

There are some mothers who near 2 dozen kids with that income.

And to add we are surpassing 8 billion world population by November.

in 1982 we were breaching 4.6 billion

I even wonder how lhow life would be if 7 of 8 people alive were LGBTQ++ and how that would impact the surpassing of 8 billion next month?

Climate change is caused by each additional birth. As each additional birth can live beyond 80yo.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRPmLWYbUqA
Over the course of a lifetime each person will need have a physiological need for

- air (air pollution for power plants & vehicles)
- water (water processing, filtration, distribution storage)
- food (land, water, crude oil-based fertilizer, supply chains using diesel vehicles & equipment)
- shelter (concrete sourced from stone quarries, metals for rebars & roofs, wood from forests, etc)
- sleep (beds made from plastics, metal coils, polymers, etc)
- clothing (cotton fields, dyes, fast fashion)

During the time of Jesus the world population was just 300 million. No climate change back then.

Human-caused mass extinction increased dramatically in the last 200+ years.

Here's PH govt stats on household sizes per household income brackets.

The less the parents makes the odds are they have more kids.

The more the parents makes the odds are they have less kids.

Forex is $1.00 = ~$58.00

PaN68Ne.jpg

I

Last edited:
I can see the validity of the "we can take better care of the people we already have" argument. Though I'm uncomfortably reminded of all of the campaigns where birth control and abortion was discouraged only to the wealthier people, and encouraged among the lower-class people, specifically to limit the populations of "the wrong kind of people" (Eugenics), and not having to do with the welfare of the children themselves or society as a whole. One example is the early film Where Are My Children. https://embryo.asu.edu/pages/where-are-my-children-1916

Last edited:
I have a hard time keying in to some accents. I can understand many people from eastern and southern asia, Europe, some of the "middle east" and some of Africa, even through very very broken English and thick accents. But there's two that I have real trouble with:

1) India (and surrounding areas). Something about the very percussive, sing-songy pitch changes, I have such a hard time understanding.

2) When someone speaks clear, sometimes even un-accented english, but then switches to hispanic/latin pronunciations of specific words in the middle of sentences. My brain short-circuits. I'm currently taking a "Colonial History of Latin America" class, and there are some words that are sometimes even repeated several times but I have no idea what the word is, until I realize it's a word I know and have heard a hundred times, but that it's the "real" pronunciation that I've never heard of, and my brain just can't translate those sounds on the fly. I'm just very un-used to hearing the pronunciations used by central and south Americans, apparently. I'm even pretty used to hearing the "native" pronunciations of many of the indigenous-originating words used in North America like so many Wisconsin cities, for example...but the firsther south you go, despite living in California for 20+ years, it still throws me. Today's stupid example: "Yammas". I had no idea what he was talking about for a good 20 minutes until he mentioned something about "...and other relatives of camels" and I finally realized that he was saying "llamas".

:bangin:

Someone on Facebook Marketplace was giving away some mobile acrylic divider walls. It's something I would have taken, but they said they were giving them away because the acrylic was all scratched up and cloudy so they couldn't use them, and they threw away the packaging after assembly so they couldn't return them.

For clarification, I asked if they were sure the acrylic was scratched, or if it was just the protective film.

They came back and said, "Oh! It's just a film. Nevermind, it came off, and they are perfect. I'm keeping them." (paraphrased).

Damnit...

I can see the validity of the "we can take better care of the people we already have" argument. Though I'm uncomfortably reminded of all of the campaigns where birth control and abortion was discouraged only to the wealthier people, and encouraged among the lower-class people, specifically to limit the populations of "the wrong kind of people" (Eugenics), and not having to do with the welfare of the children themselves or society as a whole. One example is the early film Where Are My Children. https://embryo.asu.edu/pages/where-are-my-children-1916
This is from the perspective of someone who lives in a shithole country. Trump definition of poor countries whose peoples want to migrate to the US & other rich nation.

It isn't just at the govt-level or even at Orwellian "Haves vs have-nots" that the academics & mass media push but at the direct family level too.

Look at the govt stats I provided above. The households of the "haves" are making ~$5k-10k/year at each increment and yet they have less kids per household.

Imagine you are a single guy (regardless of how they spell, how well they speak Engrish, how they use the bathroom, ethnicity, country/region of origin or faith) or a married couple with a good job that makes your life comfortable.

You delayed getting married to after your mid 20s and stopped at 2 kids birth spaced out by more than 4 years.

Because you delayed getting married you and your spouse were able to go to Uni & Grad School that trained you with useful skills that the domestic & international job markets will pay highly for.

That's why you have a good enough life to have discretionary funds to buy some of the nice cars featured on TG, FG & other automotive shows.

Then you have half a dozen siblings & dozens of cousins, friends, neighbours & etc who may have had kids before getting married and having them as early as their teens. They didn't finish HS or even Uni because of the kids they had.

They then proceed to have more than half a dozen kids with more than 1 woman.

All of them guilt tripping you into helping them for the next 18-25 years. Even into your 80s the children & children's children of people you helped are following their parents' & grandparents' past behaviors of YOLO-ing having kids.

This is not just isolated to the relatives that "made it" but to the eldest kids of these poor parents. They are drafted or guilt tripped at under 18 years old into becoming child labor to pay for their current younger siblings and future younger siblings.

Have doubts about this fantastical storyline? Go to this Reddit sub about the story of these poor kids who were forced to give. Almost all of them come from parents who have a annual income of less than $1.25k, $2.5k, $5k & $10k and yet have 2-4 or more kids. Individuals whose annual income is less than $5k are exempt from income tax.

Typically children dream of being an astronaut, chef, doctor, lawyer, leader or whatnot. No one growing up dreams to pay off the parent's student debts, mortgage or other expense that they did not sign for as they're minors.

> Where Are My Children. https://embryo.asu.edu/pages/where-are-my-children-1916

The drop of fertility rate in the US & other rich nations coincides and is directly impacted by girls/women being allowed an education that leads to a paying or even higher paying jobs.

My above statement is not an objection to women working but describes the circumstances as to why births per woman dropped.

Many may not realize this but many women or even all women back then had no choice but to marry and have kids because their parents were aging & dying and would cease financially supporting them. They were not allowed to work or work at a high paying job that traditionally held by men back then.

When a woman's not financially dependent on her husband or parents they are much freer to make life choices similar to a man. They tend to opt delaying having any kids into their 30s and 40s hence the up take of fertility clinics.

Ever wondered about women who were bad moms? Odds are they had no financial choice but to produce kids for their husbands so they wouldn't be living on the streets.

Ever wonder why ladies prefer men with nicer cars or other luxury goods attached to the man's wrist, neck and possibly piercings? It is a sign that the man has the (possible) skills to make ends meet and maintain or even uplift the girl's living standards. The smarter girls look for guys who are their skill or financial equals.

As for the producers of films like the one you cited has more to do with their organized religion's experience for the past 2,000+ years. They've experienced every permutation of hardships you cannot imagine. From their history if the fertility drops and life expectancy is ~30 years then the village/town/community will disband as soon as the next famine, drought or pandemic strikes.

It took ~1,800 years for the human population to breach 1 billion. It took >200 years to breach 8 billion. This occurred due to vaccines, modern agriculture, modern food storage methods, supply chains being industrialized & standardized, public health, public sanitation and other things.

Last edited:
Where are you going with this? Getting people fixed?

This is an old problem.

A) people like having sex, children come from this.

B) you can't mandate responsibility without throwing people in jail. Then who takes care of the kids?

C) education of the masses solves many problems and is a cheap way to prevent many of those problems from ever becoming a problem. But it is not a guarantee. Humans are still human and make mistakes, or succumb to temptation.

Where are you going with this? Getting people fixed?

This is an old problem.

A) people like having sex, children come from this.

B) you can't mandate responsibility without throwing people in jail. Then who takes care of the kids?

C) education of the masses solves many problems and is a cheap way to prevent many of those problems from ever becoming a problem. But it is not a guarantee. Humans are still human and make mistakes, or succumb to temptation.
What I am pushing is an incentive-based program that does not lean at all heavily on punitive damages, penalties or even jail time.

Provide financial incentives to specific income groups to voluntarily delay by 40 months or longer or voluntary stop having any further children beyond their ability to self finance permanently.

I agree its an old problem and countries like Singapore and S. Korea were able to lift their people from backwater society to high income society within 1 generation.

What I am asking is these people be more solely & directly responsible with their personal decisions. Do not impose the financial responsibility of being a parent to other people for the next 18-25 years.

It is OK & even encouraged to help them on key occasions but to be obligated for the next 18-25 years or longer to help on a daily basis for the lifetime of the person being helped for their bad personal decisions that grows over time is very unwanted.

This is advice specific to countries with fertility rate of above 2.1 births per woman. This excludes the US that has a ~1.7 births per woman

Provide financial incentives for people to voluntarily stop having more than 3 kids based on their current & forecasted income bracket.

Alternatively endorse waiting for at least 40 months to see if the couple can afford another baby before trying to get pregnant. This will help with Uni expenses isn't in parallel but in a series. It also assures the health and safety of mother and current & future children as the mom doesnt output kids on an an annual basis.

In the Philippines the cost of raising a child comfortably is $10k/year. For the US over the kid's first 17 years of life is $310,605

I am not expecting or wanting a 100% compliance rate but even a more than 20% couples with annual income of less than $1.25k, $2.5k, $5k & $10k stopping at 1-2 is a win.

Couples who earn more tend to voluntarily have 2 or less kids with the 1st pregnancy occuring by the couples' mid 20s or later.

Couples who are an income bracket lower than them tend to have 2 or more kids as early as their teens.

Number of kids increase as you approach $0.00.

So it isn't "eugenics" when everyone else at next income bracket above theirs has that many kids.

Last edited:
This subject has gone well outside the confins of this thread and should be moved to the Political section.

Alex Jones trying to weasel out of answering questions on the stand and dragging out his cases. He isn't that bright to begin with, and he is amplifying that fact. I popped in for a quick look because he is testifying and in about 3 minutes I was annoyed.

Sing it with me!! "It's the most...confusing tiiiiiiime of the year...with the Santas and mummies, the wreaths and the pumpkins, the spiders and deer....it's the most...confusing tiiiiiiime of the year!"

1663978404496.png