The "Things that annoy me" thread

Walk Hank to the post office. Or use a PackStation to send your package.

Closest pack station has hours until noon.

But I’m getting used to the two older women who run the post office in my town and they’re getting used to me not knowing the way to send things.

I get the feeling that we're not talking about the same thing...
Yes we are.

The post office is where I go to send my packages. Pack stations are for pickup, no? They’re just lockers that can only be opened by a code.

So how could I take a package that I never opened to have a return label printed and have me pay for said return label? I misunderstood pack station as there’s an older women who runs a satellite type DHL post office but she doesn’t do international shipping.

Yes we are.

The post office is where I go to send my packages. Pack stations are for pickup, no? They’re just lockers that can only be opened by a code.

So how could I take a package that I never opened to have a return label printed and have me pay for said return label? I misunderstood pack station as there’s an older women who runs a satellite type DHL post office but she doesn’t do international shipping.
A Packstation lets you drop off packages. You can print labels there (I think) or at home. Pay via magic pixies.

Pack stations are for pickup, no?
Nope, you can send a package via a Packstation as well. You can generate a shipping label online, print it at home, put it on a package and let the Packstation scan said label. Then you select which size the package is and the Packstation opens an empty, appropriately sized compartment where you deposit the package. There's even a dedicated Packstation website with all the information as well (or of course in german if you want to get even more accustomed to reading german). :)

So how could I take a package that I never opened to have a return label printed and have me pay for said return label?
Wat? Tbh that sentence doesn't make any sense to me... :-?

If you have a package you received but which you want to return you could get a return label from the original sender as a PDF which you can print yourself and take the steps I described above. If the original sender puts a return label in every package you can open said package, take out the return label, reseal the package, put the label on the package and take the steps I described above. If the seller used the original box of the item without putting it into another box you shouldn't oopen said original box though, but then the seller couldn't have put a return label into the original box as well. ;-)

I misunderstood pack station as there’s an older women who runs a satellite type DHL post office but she doesn’t do international shipping.
Nope, that's "DHL branch office at a retailer" (where retailer can mean kiosk, supermarket, shisha shop or something like that) instead of a dedicated DHL branch office which offers DHL/post office services only.

Last edited:
I will choose the packstation every time now, holy shit.

I will choose the packstation every time now, holy shit.
This is the way 👍
To add/clarify: check the DHL website whether your Packstation has a label printer or not. If it does, you won’t even need to print the return label yourself and the ps will do it for you (after scanning qr from Phone or something - I have to admit I’ve never done this because our local pssss all don’t have printers).

Cars that combine LED and incandescent. A odern cold white and a brownish yellow light source, next to each other.

EAAB7A02-2EF8-46DF-A9A0-57DB7939D2D9.jpeg

Cars that combine LED and incandescent. A odern cold white and a brownish yellow light source, next to each other.

View attachment 3567650

My 2015 e-Golf is like that. The e-golf-specific almost blue-ish DRLs alongside the old-school yellow-ish headlights. Though that was only the case with the lowest-end model, which they only carried for a year or two...

Apparently, the hand washings I've performed between chopping a whole can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and squirting lime juice on my tacos about 60 minutes ago, and rubbing my eye a moment ago, were insufficient.

zeVDwfda.gif

Apparently, the hand washings I've performed between chopping a whole can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and squirting lime juice on my tacos about 60 minutes ago, and rubbing my eye a moment ago, were insufficient.
they always are, no matter how long/hard you wash... :|

My Mom's refrigerator died and needed to be replaced, so she cleaned it up before they took it away to be recycled. Even the delivery guy opened it to make sure it was empty and asked if it was just cleaned. We both shook our heads. 😂

My Mom's refrigerator died and needed to be replaced, so she cleaned it up before they took it away to be recycled. Even the delivery guy opened it to make sure it was empty and asked if it was just cleaned. We both shook our heads. 😂
Brilliant. Is she the kind of person who would clean the house before someone came to clean it for her? :p

I dint drive my car enough to keep the battery charged apparently, or too many short trips. The battery is dead again, and our other car is an EV and can't jump start mine. 🤦‍♂️

I dont own a trickle charger, nor any sort of jump starter device.

I dint drive my car enough to keep the battery charged apparently, or too many short trips. The battery is dead again, and our other car is an EV and can't jump start mine. 🤦‍♂️

I dont own a trickle charger, nor any sort of jump starter device.
Solar panels man, they changed my ICE car owning life. Wish there was a big enough one I could've hooked up to the Tesla while it sat outside.

Even just one that sticks in the side window and plugs into the OBD port is enough, that's how I did it with my old V8 Disco.

Spam in the snail mail.
Spam? SPAM?

I-dont-like-spam.gif

Brilliant. Is she the kind of person who would clean the house before someone came to clean it for her? :p

😂. She isn't quite that bad.

When I was a kid, my sister was in an accident in the family car, and my parents decided to replace it. When a neighbor agreed to buy it, she insisted my dad wash it. So maybe she is. 😆

New annoyance.

We are getting our first real snow (it will stick around a few days, the previous 2 snows did not), and the local news stations are going all snowmageddon. Both have their own version of a storm tracking gimic and they are making sure you know!

tech panic :wall:

No mom, you do not have to freak out after accidentally calling my brother on FaceTime. And when he calls you back a few moments later, that's no reason either.