The "Things that annoy me" thread

When a recipe includes things like seasoning mixes, but doesn't include the recipe for the mix.

Things like "Italian seasoning", ras al hanout, and "blackened seasoning".
Oof, yes, this… even worse if it’s a certain brand spice mix that is for some reason different from the usual so that it’s actually impossible to mix it correctly* yourself

* in which case: screw correct.

Regarding canceling magazines: had a delightful experience there. Billed half-yearly, so I told them via email to just stop at the end of the current cycle. They confirmed right and even offered to stop directly and refund the (tiny) difference…

Oh, I have another magazine story. My Dad got a subscription to Popular Science a long time ago and would get the longest subscription plan that they offered, generally 3 years. Well, he died almost 10 years ago and it still came until they switched to an online only model, and then they sent a card with how to sign in. I still have that card and should see if I can get in.

Just my rant about personal space again.....

Sitting at the bar, same bar as last time, 2 chairs over is a reasonable atractive female, me making small talk but honestly not interested.......clearly in love idiot shows up, 'oh it's you, what a surprise' ( like he did not know before he entered) Barges in between us, practicly sitting on my lap 'I'm sorry am I bothering you'......normal people ask that before they sit down, but no bother ace, you go ahead and make a fool of yourself, I will move over.

I mean what is this crap? 5 years ago nobody DARED barging into or infront of me? Am I really looking that old and......fragile? Pliable? Easy? The fucking hell with that......I can clean out this bar in 3 minutes, as I can with every bar, I'm the fucking scariest nerd you have ever seen...... the fucking hell is giving?

If this is what feeling old is like I don't want it.

Last edited:
Watching some food videos on youtube, and keep hearing phrases that annoy me. They are variations of these:

"I wish it was more spicier." (vs "spicier" or "more spicy")

"I'm curious to know how it tastes like." (vs "how it tastes" or "what it tastes like")

Watching some food videos on youtube, and keep hearing phrases that annoy me. They are variations of these:

"I wish it was more spicier." (vs "spicier" or "more spicy")

"I'm curious to know how it tastes like." (vs "how it tastes" or "what it tastes like")
If it had some ham in it, it would be closer to a British Carbonara.

Why aren't soft-close refrigerator doors more ubiquitous? It costs $10 to add soft-close to a measly $150 two-door upper kitchen cabinet. Give us soft-close on my $1,200 fridge, damnit.

Last edited:
How sticky garlic is. I watch chef's on TV and youtube, and they slice and chop garlic effortlessly, and when I do it, nearly every piece of garlic is stuck to the side of my knife.

T
How sticky garlic is. I watch chef's on TV and youtube, and they slice and chop garlic effortlessly, and when I do it, nearly every piece of garlic is stuck to the side of my knife.
There is a reason why I always use the seasoning in powder form

Why aren't soft-close refrigerator doors more ubiquitous? It costs $10 to add soft-close to a measly $150 two-door upper kitchen cabinet. Give us soft-close on my $1,200 fridge, damnit.
You answered yourself there, it costs 10$ :| Even for a 1200$ fridge it seems they think they can get away with it. Or not enough customers expect it…
Our fridge freezer combo has soft close for the fridge part, but not for the freezer part. I am happy with that 😜

Whichever fucker who owns this BMW M4, which has some sort of "farttastic" sports exhaust which sat idling for more than two hours this morning:

IMG_1623.jpeg

I'll take the Renault Zoe's <20 km/h space ship sounds over that any day of the week.

You answered yourself there, it costs 10$ :| Even for a 1200$ fridge it seems they think they can get away with it. Or not enough customers expect it…
Our fridge freezer combo has soft close for the fridge part, but not for the freezer part. I am happy with that 😜
This is also why you see half LED half incandescent light housings on cars.

Whichever fucker who owns this BMW M4, which has some sort of "farttastic" sports exhaust which sat idling for more than two hours this morning:

View attachment 3567940

I'll take the Renault Zoe's <20 km/h space ship sounds over that any day of the week.

Most of us put bits of cardboard on our bicycles when we were twelve. Some of us never grew out of it.

That said, I want a straight-piped Passat W8 and I would spend my free time bombing around town and overtaking people just for the BRAAAAP and strange looks.

sat idling for more than two hours this morning
What in the actual fuck?
And here I was worried setting my car to defrost for all of 5 minutes would make the neighbors call the fire department because of all the steam 🤣
Annoyance: windows are all clear, but the door handles were of course still frozen shut.

What in the actual fuck?
And here I was worried setting my car to defrost for all of 5 minutes would make the neighbors call the fire department because of all the steam 🤣
But yours doesn't make any noise and people don't stop to realise it's electric, it must be on fire.

I didn't drive mine much when it was frozen but I just gave the back of the handle a thump and it freed up. Seemed robust enough.

I didn't drive mine much when it was frozen but I just gave the back of the handle a thump and it freed up. Seemed robust enough.
After I had my driver door handle replaced because the damper fell off, I’m kinda hesitant about that… but yeah that’s what I ended up doing as well to get going. Still a slight design failure.

What in the actual fuck?
Annoyance: windows are all clear, but the door handles were of course still frozen shut.
Yes, he started the damn thing at around 7, didn’t get moving until 9. Petrol is obviously way too cheap these days. Bonus annoyance: it also has gear change flatulence you can hear as it moves down the road.

Hmmmmm… 🤔 What a highly interesting proposition! I’ve always thought of that car as slightly insane and your idea for an exhaust system removes the “slightly” bit.

And it looks like a 105hp 1.9 TDI rep mobile. I love it.