The "Things that annoy me" thread

And they look a lot better than the standard offering.

Also, one of the reasons I am still running my old man-purse that's falling apart to the ground is that I currently don't have the budget for this:

Not joking, literally any leather bag I am interested in is way south of 1000€. And then it's only a small step to Hermes.

These are for customers used to spending thousands on handbags.

Those things annoy me, too, especially the brown ones.

I don't judge, but I was just a bit surprised. If that's what you want and there's room in the budget, by all means go ahead :D
Actually I fell for a dark red Filson bag that retails at around 1200€, but sadly that seems to have been discontinued.

Last edited:
Gah, that's why I kept my last purse around for well past its prime. I just didn't see another one I liked that wasn't super-expensive. I finally found one from Longchamp (usually the upper end of my "I am going to buy a nice purse and then run this purse into the GROUND" budget) on a resale site after striking out for years in stores, and...well, its strap is annoying me now, too. I wish they did a full leather strap on it vs. one with a textured fabric back that tends to trap dirt and rub it into my shirt at outdoor events. I guess I should see if there's a replacement strap to swap over and then it'd be just about perfect.

My purse strap: a thing that annoys me. On-brand for this thread, I guess.

Last edited:
Middle-aged single men.

There is no birthright to a partner, especially not an above-average attractive one. If one expects their partner to look like they've just fallen out of OnlyFans or Instagram, put in some damn effort yourself.
  • Dress well
  • Work out
  • Get a decent haircut
  • Be willing to make an effort and step outside your comfort zone
  • Related to this, deal with your issues - if you've been single for years, it might be about you.
This does not mean everyone has to invest 4k€ in man-purses*, but one should at least care ("which blipshift shirt shall I wear today?" does not count). And if you don't want a partner who has love handles (is that term still PC?) and wears brightly-colored Jack Wolfskin outdoor jackets everywhere because it's so practical, look at yourself as well. What do you wear? What does your look tell about you?
And before you tell me this is oh so superficial and you want to be loved for your beautiful soul and intellect and not for the way you dress, why again do you refuse to even go out with that brilliant but overweight woman I wanted to introduce to you? Because her weight turns you off? Wtf? Oh, and why is your Tinder still filtering for under-30s while you are rapidly approaching 40? Because what your partner has to say is more important to you than how firm her behind is? Surely so. And why shall a woman respect all your time-consuming hobbies, but you won't date a single mom cause you don't want the limitations on your lifestyle that come with a kid?

This stems from a collection of conversations with a wide variety of men between 35 and 45 from different ways of life across the last few years.

EDIT: Also, think about target group fit - if you are an oil-stained wifebeater wearing, hand-rolled cigarette smoking, bottled beer drinking, classic car daily driving bloke, don't expect to score with posh cocktail drinking wannabe fashion models. You will attract mostly tattooed rockabellas. Not that there's anything wrong with that... but don't come whining about again not having gotten that model girl.

*This has nothing to do with money - one of FinalGears best-styled men, @public , takes pride in being a penny-pincher of the highest order.

Last edited:
:|

Happy new years to you, too.

Middle-aged single men.

There is no birthright to a partner, especially not an above-average attractive one. If one expects their partner to look like they've just fallen out of OnlyFans or Instagram, put in some damn effort yourself.
  • Dress well
  • Work out
  • Get a decent haircut
  • Be willing to make an effort and step outside your comfort zone
  • Related to this, deal with your issues - if you've been single for years, it might be about you.
This does not mean everyone has to invest 4k€ in man-purses*, but one should at least care ("which blipshift shirt shall I wear today?" does not count). And if you don't want a partner who has love handles (is that term still PC?) and wears brightly-colored Jack Wolfskin outdoor jackets everywhere because it's so practical, look at yourself as well. What do you wear? What does your look tell about you?
And before you tell me this is oh so superficial and you want to be loved for your beautiful soul and intellect and not for the way you dress, why again do you refuse to even go out with that brilliant but overweight woman I wanted to introduce to you? Because her weight turns you off? Wtf? On, and why is your Tinder still filtering for under-30s while you are rapidly approaching 40? Because what your partner has to say is more important to you than how firm her behind is? Surely so. And why shall a woman respect all your time-consuming hobbies, but you won't date a single mom cause you don't want the limitations on your lifestyle that come with a kid?

This stems from a collection of conversations with a wide variety of men between 35 and 45 from different ways of life across the last few years.

EDIT: Also, think about target group fit - if you are an oil-stained wifebeater wearing, hand-rolled cigarette smoking, bottled beer drinking, classic car daily driving bloke, don't expect to score with posh cocktail drinking wannabe fashion models. You will attract mostly tattooed rockabellas. Not that there's anything wrong with that... but don't come whining about again not having gotten that model girl.

*This has nothing to do with money - one of FinalGears best-styled men, @public , takes pride in being a penny-pincher of the highest order.
Very accurate.

If one expects their partner to look like they've just fallen out of OnlyFans or Instagram, put in some damn effort yourself.
I have been asked to clarify that I also am guilty as charged of wanting a skinny, tattooed, attractive (goth) woman. This is not (necessarily) about leveling down, but about making an effort.

Gravity has chosen to be my nemesis today. I don't know what I did to gravity, but it sure is taking it personally.

To be brutally honest my dad-ass parental dadbod life has made me grow a disguising beard and to wear mostly black t-shirts and black hoodies as I don't actively give a shit other than to appear presentable at the office, even if that did actually start even before the kid appeared in this world to brighten it up. But yes, I guess it is about how you carry yourself. And regarding the hoodie, I bought one from an American company that claims it will last ten years. I did also buy a size smaller in case I succeed in slimming down the dadbod a little.

With Facebook Marketplace's "condition" choices, the poorest condition you can pick from is "Used - Fair". So the laptop listing I just found, which doesn't turn on, the hinge is broken, and the hard drive is removed...is listed as "Used - Fair".

There needs to be a "Salvage", "For Parts Only", or "Non-functional" choice when you list an item.

The whole Facebook Marketplace experience is less than ideal. Search terms are seemingly ignored (sometimes that's okay, other times I want to search just that term), people can't be bothered to have description of the item or a price, etc. Heck, I bought a bike from a guy two months ago, he still has it listed.

The whole Facebook Marketplace experience is less than ideal. Search terms are seemingly ignored (sometimes that's okay, other times I want to search just that term), people can't be bothered to have description of the item or a price, etc. Heck, I bought a bike from a guy two months ago, he still has it listed.

I'm always browsing the "free" listings. The first annoyance is that while on desktop there's a "free" category, there isn't one on mobile, though, so you have to manually set a $0 max price filter.

Next one: there's no way to set a default to just "local"...it's always switching back to "local & shipping" which is 75% drop-shipped products.

Next: the "free" listings are flooded with non-free listings of a couple different types. The first is sponsored listings/ads. The next is a listing selling multiple items so they leave the $ field blank and then jt shows up as "feee", and the others are people who lower their previous price to "free", but then the body of the listing says "best offer, no low-balls".🙄