The Top 25 Cars of Final Gear (entrance thread)

My 928:

928-11.jpg

Although since this pic I've gone back to the standard GTS wheels that came with the car.

How about your 635?

I couldn't decide which of my cars to enter... until today when I realized that Labcoatguy had already entered his X308. Since my XJR looks pretty much the same on the outside, I'll enter my other one. :D

IMG_0776.jpg

1987 Jaguar XJ6 Series III Vanden Plas.

Major Modifications:

* 17" Eagle Alloys Type 077 Wheels with 255/40ZR17 Kumho Ecsta MX tires
* AutoPal MSR "Jeweled" 7" headlights (no, we didn't get 7" headlights in the US.)
* Genuine TWR Rear Spoiler
* Hella "Comet" 550 Fog Lights
* TFI Engineering (i.e., invented/built it myself) 320A Alternator (Based on GM/Delco unit)
* Twin TriPac Electric Fans
* Modified '95-'96 XJS 4.0L Gearshift Lever
* Euro-spec Downpipe/Y-pipe
* E-Type Style Exhaust Routing with Magnaflow mufflers
* GM TH700R4/4L60 4-Speed Overdrive Transmission
* GM Gear Reduction Starter

Minor Modifications:

* Tinted windows
* Jaguar sunroof air deflector
* Polyurethane Steering Rack Bushings
* Pioneer Premier DEH-P480MP head unit
* Jaguar Sport Steering Wheel from '89 XJS
* MSD Blaster High Vibration Coil
* TFI Engineering Custom armrest cupholder
* Retrofitted LED interior lighting
* Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifold
* Color-matched Ceramic Coated Exhaust Heat Shield
* AutoPal H1 high beam headlights
* X308 (98-03 Jaguar XJ8) Seats (soon to be XJ40 seats)
* Autodimming Rearview Mirror with Compass/Temp Display
* Prothane Polyurethane Upper Control Arm Bushings
* X308 Horns
* TFI Engineering Engine Wiring Harness (more fireproof than the rest of the car...)

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be easier just to let people vote on the cars that are uploaded in the "My car" forum thus including every car on the forum not just the ones posted in this thread. Also we would get more than 40 entries.

Wouldn't it be easier just to let people vote on the cars that are uploaded in the "My car" forum thus including every car on the forum not just the ones posted in this thread.
Quite probably but if only a few dozen people vote and the votes are spread over some one-hundred-and-fifty-odd cars it might not work too well. At least this way we only have the regulars and a few 'hangers-on' entering and voting so it should be clear-cut and easy.:cool:

On another note: When will the betting odds be established? I would like to lay down some heavy action.

Quite probably but if only a few dozen people vote and the votes are spread over some one-hundred-and-fifty-odd cars it might not work too well. At least this way we only have the regulars and a few 'hangers-on' entering and voting so it should be clear-cut and easy.:cool:

On another note: When will the betting odds be established? I would like to lay down some heavy action.
Makes sense. So I guess I'm entering the competion with this, if it isn't too late already.
Btw finalgear folks have some really nice cars: Z3 Coupe is lovely, the 928 looks great, the Merc 280S is awesome, LOVE the 205 GTI (use to have onw myself), the X1/9 is beautiful. Will be hard to choose what to vote for.

http://img252.imageshack.**/img252/5359/dsc00916smalltd5.jpg

Last edited:
Has the voting started?

^ Woah sik Fezza bruv got any planz 4 it maaaattee??/

;) Actually that generation of Zetec S were underrated little hatches.

^ Woah sik Fezza bruv got any planz 4 it maaaattee??/

I've met a lot of people who have said, pretty much, exactly that to me. They ususally wear baseball caps at funny angles and drive corsa's with stickers about how no fat girls are aloud into the car.

;) Actually that generation of Zetec S were underrated little hatches.

Agreed, very fun, chuckable little car, just a tad small on the inside.

Agreed, very fun, chuckable little car, just a tad small on the inside.

True, I wish the seat went back just one more click. It'll do, but I'd be a bit more comfortable if it went back just a little bit more. Also, when the drivers seat is in my position, nobody can sit behind me. Unless they have no legs.

True, I wish the seat went back just one more click. It'll do, but I'd be a bit more comfortable if it went back just a little bit more. Also, when the drivers seat is in my position, nobody can sit behind me. Unless they have no legs.

So the "no fat girls" sticker actually could be there for a reason.

You know what's missing in the Top 25 Cars of FinalGear?
Some warm-ish Diesel hatch of course ^^

I give you the Ford Fiesta "S" 1.6 TDci :)

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/ki/killpanda/2009/07/07/IMG_3963.JPG

And I give you the 1.6 Petrol variant, sold as the Zetec-S here in the UK :D

A 2008 model, one of the last of this shape Fiesta, so has fitted extras, such as voice activation & bluetooth, power fold mirrors, automatic headlights and wipers, and tinted rear windows.

n534290150_6544540_4648095.jpg