The Top Gear Subtitle Project

hi all
thnx for your efforts
but... dont you have a subtitles for the past series from 1- 8
and i will be grateful for u all

I'm over halfway through 10x00 (Polar Special), so please tell me it's not already done.

Since this is an amateur job, some of the subtitles I've done run into three lines. Is that okay?

Wout be better just 2 lines.
The best would be max two lines and 45 types a line.

But if you make 3-lines subs it's ok anyway. They can be modified anytime. :)

I'm a Chinese.
Same problem. The most inconvinence is can't understand the joke about Stig.
When everyone is laughing I'm confusing~~~~

Full English subtitles for 10x01 (complete with the news and any missing parts in the transcript) are currently in opensubtitles.org. Enjoy :)

Hi, I'm spanish and I'm trying to do the transcription of a Fifth Gear youtube video.
I have already done most of the work but there are still some difficult words or sentences for me, so I wonder if anyone could help me.
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask.
Thank you in advance.

Here you can find all the transcript captured from the latest episodes (mostly season 10).
The thing is though, they appear to be incomplete, at least the first two episodes which I personally checked. The "news" part is missing (the one where they are seated talking and joking about news from the world of motors).
Is anyone able to fill'em up with the transcription of the missing part?

:)
Hi, nycera.
Thanks very much for the link. I tried to download those txt file subtitles, but my vobsub just dun play them with the video. Does it happened to you as well?

I'm working on subtitling Season 1, episode 1 ( the re-aired Australian version ) available right now. If anyone is working on that right now I'll stop. I don't want the work to overlap. Subtitling takes forever!

Hi, nycera.
Thanks very much for the link. I tried to download those txt file subtitles, but my vobsub just dun play them with the video. Does it happened to you as well?
They aren't subtitles - they're simply transcripts, i.e. it's just a record of what was said during the programme without any indication of when it was said.

If you open it in notepad, you'll probably see all the times that normally tell the player when to display each line are missing. These have to be manually added in (which is apparently the easiest, if time consuming perhaps, stage) before they become actual subtitle files.

I think we should put together all the English transcripts and/or syncs. I have been doing 10x02 and very often I have thought that somebody, somewhere must be more advanced. With series 11 being imminent, we should perhaps find a way to share the burden among all the different languages subtitlers.

They aren't subtitles - they're simply transcripts, i.e. it's just a record of what was said during the programme without any indication of when it was said.

If you open it in notepad, you'll probably see all the times that normally tell the player when to display each line are missing. These have to be manually added in (which is apparently the easiest, if time consuming perhaps, stage) before they become actual subtitle files.

Hi, ninja-lewis
thanks for answering my question.
which software should i transfer them to?

Try Subtitle Workshop. It allows you to have transcript in one part of the window, with the video above. So you can play the video and add in the timing's for each subtitle at the right time. I've only done this myself for a few lines that were out of sync but it's fairly straightforward and doesn't take much longer than watching the programme all the way through.

I have uptated this:

DOCUMENT

I need all the subtitles or dialogues you have.

We coul use this for helping us to make this easy.

If someone wants to do one subtitle, please send an email to substopgear@gmail.com

I have a few more subtitles, but I prefer to make a final list before update the document, so please send me the subtitle (In any language...I will include it in the column), the dialogues or simply one email offering to help us

Thanks to all :cool:

One new update.

Now the subtitles are in rapidshare

If someone has something more.......:lol:

Last edited:
I've searched the web, the lastest english version on OpenSub is 10x01 uploaded by Z102.
Polish version done by zbynak is up to 10x09.

I really appreciated the work by the guys in this forum and hope that this will bring more people to enjoy the show.

Anyone could help us with the English transcriptions?

I have started with the text I have (The chapter 10x03) and I realised that it has a lot of mistakes and i hasn't all the dialogues

Please, could be possible some help?

Thanks