The Top Gear Subtitle Project

I'm looking for the subtitles of these episodes:
Top gear Season 12 Episode 3
Top Gear Season 12 Episode 6
Top Gear Season 12 Episode 7
I can't find them.
Could anybody here say, where or how I can find them.
I have the subtitles of the other episodes now, but not these
I hope somebody can help me

I'm looking for the subtitles of these episodes:
Top gear Season 12 Episode 3
Top Gear Season 12 Episode 6
Top Gear Season 12 Episode 7
I can't find them.
Could anybody here say, where or how I can find them.
I have the subtitles of the other episodes now, but not these
I hope somebody can help me
Try the Megaupload link in my post #199 on the previous page. Should still be available.

Try the Megaupload link in my post #199 on the previous page. Should still be available.

Thanks for that, subtitles for 12x03 seem to be complete but off-sync.
But 12x06 and 12x07 subtitles are more than incomplete, only 200 lines in first and 340 in second one, when usually they should have about 1000 lines :(

So we still need subs for 12x03 (synced), 12x06, 12x07.
Maybe anyone have them or saw anywhere? Halp! :cry:

12x03 can be synced using subtitle workshop. I've haven't watched it myself but IME the difference should only be a matter of seconds (because the torrent capper started the recording at a slightly different time to the BBC recording). I don't have the torrents yet so can't sync it myself. The delay option allows you to add or subtract time to all of the subtitles at once to bring them into line.

The 12x06 and 12x07 issue is more problematic. Again, I haven't watched them but my copies appear incomplete as well (which is odd as every other programme I've done has worked fine). As I can only download them when they appear on BBC iPlayer and the BBC don't have them listed in the near future, I can't do anything. However, one of the sites I mentioned in an earlier post, http://english.xnv.nl, might be work a try. They have transcripts of both series 11 (mentioned as I haven't seen 11x01, 11x02 and 11x03 in English online) and series 12. The downside is that these are from automated recordings of the live broadcasts and have not been edited. You'd have to use Subtitle Workshop etc to remove the first few lines, which were recorded from the previous programme and sync the whole lot to you avi. Its not ideal but it offers more hope than the present situation.

Sorry.

hello,

I can't find any subtitles on the site your mentioned.
I can only see two discussions.
And I can't open 12e06 en 12e07 with subtitle workshop.
I can open them with 'kladblok'.
Can I change something on that file, so I can open them with Subtitle Workshop?
Thanks.

You need to register first then you'll have access to the rest of the forum. To register: Click 'sign in' in the top right corner, then apply for membership on the sign in page.

12e06 and 12e07 are completely useless. They are incomplete, missing a lot of lines, so you may as well delete them. Subtitle Workshop won't open them because the timings are wrong (should be 00:00:00,000 rather than 000:00:00,00). I can't record the subtitles until they are rebroadcast by the BBC. In the meantime, all I can suggest is to try the site I mentioned.

Does anybody know when we can expect english subtitles for the first episode of 13th season?

Hi, Y?all!

I?m new on this site.
I?m English spoken, but I can?t understand some ?UK English? words.
Could somebody tell me where I can find and download the subtitles for Top Gear from very first season, I mean from 2002.

Thanks

you might find this helpful with the word translation

and :welcome:

Last edited:
ashspet
Thank you very much!
This is very helpful too.
But I need exactly subtitles, cuz I don't understand UK accent.
Is it possible to find it somewhere here?

unfortunately the actual subtitles are definately not my forte. You'll have to wait for someone with a but more knowledge than I to assist. Have you had any luck with the forum search or google search?