Clarkson: The torygraph - Jeremy Clarkson criticised for parking in disability bay

Geez, have some people got nothing better to do in their free time? Boo bloody hoo. You see able bodied people that park in disabled bays. What's the problem?

Further evidence to show that the country has indeed gone barking mad.

The entire parking area wasn't closed,you could see cars parked behind them in the service station area.jeremy and James looked like they were parked outside some restaurant or cafe and that's probably the owners who gave them permission to film there.
Okay maybe not the entire lot but certainly the part they used. They didn't just randomly show up and take those spaces just for the dickery of it.

"For them to be so casual about it is disgusting and they should be hauled over the coals - along with the entire production team"

Ummmm, no.

Anyone in the UK, this is about to hit the TV news... on C5, so that'll be a completely unbiased top-notch journalistic report then!

I'm only watching it 'cos I was watching the 5 afternoon film (hey, I'm bored beyond being bored!) and they have a 'news preview' in one of the adverts. Can't wait to see what slant they put on it!

I just saw it. Only a couple of minutes long and nothing too critical. They made reference to the previous Mexican insults and when Jeremy made reference to lorry drivers being murderers.

Very predictable, lazy journalism. But that's Channel 5 for you... :D

Very predictable, lazy journalism. But that's Channel 5 for you... :D
Agreed!!

My main disappointment was they only had a quote from Andy. A quote?!? I was holding out for an actual appearance, dammit :lol:

The quote from Jim Rawlings proves the point made in The Inbetweeners that being disabled doesn't stop you from coming across as being a dick. Fastest way to looking like a complete elbow is to make unfounded and baseless assumptions about people. Still, I suppose we all need to release our caches of vitriolic hate bile at some time - might as well be at a figurehead so used to it it's like water off a duck's back.

While I agree it wasn't the most tactful thing they could have done I feel it is worth clarifying something.

The percentage of disabled spaces in any given car park is normally mandated by the local authority and since they tend to be full of the overly politically correct very often the capacity often exceeds both demand and the percentage of qualifying drivers on the population as a whole. As an example the closest supermarket to where I used to live has nearly three times the number of slots allocated to drivers with the qualifying badge as it does to Parent and Child spaces because that was conditional on the planning application. What you therefore end up with is a huge number of empty spaces becuase there aren't enough disabled drivers to fill them meanwhile people are struggling to find spaces wide enough for them to unload small children out of car seats.

Should May and Clarkson have parked in those spaces? Looking at the backlash of that article probably not, even if that area had been closed, as is likely, for the purposes of the filming.

Should the obsessively PC numpties at local councils be taken out and shot for not being able to analyse data or use common sense? Yes.

Its probably because of the number of fecking feckless bastards who claim disability allowance and such like and can't possibly work a day in their lives as a result. Its them filling up the councils books with the number of disabled people.

Our tesco has massive amounts of disabled parking, and mum n tot parking. I don't mind walking of course, I usually park at the back so that I actually have space to get out of my car! But I have to say, when I am inside the number of disabled people swanning round the shop doesn't correlate with the number of cars parked in disabled bays. Unless of course being a fat, scruffy knacker filling your trolley up with cheap plonk and ready meals is classed as a disability?

I do love the image though. Of people sat in their arm chairs, watching top gear all red faced and foamy at the mouth, phone in hand with the BBC/Mail/Sun/Express/Mirror on speed dial ready to bark any old crap down the phone at something they construe as being offensive or wrong or un-PC.

Steve Jobs actually is medically handicapped. He's had pancreatic cancer since 2004. He's appeared to have had at least complications if not a re-occurrence at least once since then and has been out on medical leave repeatedly. As someone with a family member who has to undergo therapy for cancer - yeah, sorry, anyone going through that is emphatically (and, in most places, legally) entitled to that spot. Low energy due to reduced red blood cell count, inability to walk significant distances., etc.,etc. -at a minimum. Vertigo, nausea, physical pain and burning sensations are also common. Even if the treatments are on an outpatient basis, some days they can barely drive. Some days they can't.

XKCD (whose author apparently is either himself suffering from cancer or his S.O. is) recently posted this regarding cancer, which is very germane here.

lanes.png

The alt-tag is: "Each quarter of the lanes from left to right correspond loosely to breast cancer stages one through four (at diagnosis)."

This shit just doesn't 'go away' even if they don't see it any more on scans.

Try again.

You're right it doesn't. My mate, fit as a butchers dog (Rugby, Gymnast, Swimming, Rowing, Cycling... not all at the same time, but moved on sequentially and he got pretty far in all of them), got testicular cancer. Being a strong fucker he managed to come out the other side, sans a testicle, fit and well. All gone? no chance.... a year later its back and this time on his Lymph nodes. Thankfully he survived that too and fingers crossed its gone for good. He has to have regular scans I think to make sure it is gone, but after having it twice I assume its bound to come back at some point in the future.