The Transporter.... TV series?

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Airing in early 2012. Just came across this on IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1885102/

No Statham, but Fran?ois Berl?and will be back as Inspector Tarconi. Some more digging found this:

The new Transporter television series will remain "connected" to the original movie trilogy, according to executive producer Bernard Bouix.

Prison Break star Chris Vance will play the role of expert driver Frank Martin in the series, the role originated by Jason Statham in the films.

Bouix has now told Nice Matin that French actor Fran?ois Berl?and will reprise his film role as honest cop Tarconi.

"We wanted to stay connected to the three movies," explained the producer. "We wanted to keep a geographical tie. Fran?ois Berl?and [is] back in the series. So we wanted to be kind of like the cousins of the three films."

Bouix also revealed that filming extensive driving sequences for the new series had proven "tough".

"Shutting down the Promenade des Anglais requires obtaining authorisation months in advance," he explained. "I must say that the city of Nice has been extremely hospitable."

Hungarian actress Andrea Osvart and Splice star Delphine Chan?ac will also appear in the Transporter series, which will premiere in 2012.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a325257/transporter-star-to-appear-in-tv-spinoff.html

I'm kinda excited for this, although I have no idea what to expect.

EDIT: Also found this bit, published 4 hours ago.

The Transporter TV series may not resume filming until 2012.

The Cinemax drama, an adaptation of the Jason Statham film series, will star Chris Vance as extreme driver Frank Martin.

Filming on the project was halted earlier this month when former Prison Break star Vance was injured filming an action sequence.

An internal email sent to cast and crew by production manager Anna Beben has now indicated that production will not resume before the end of 2011, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

"It appears that Chris's recovery is going to take a little longer than we had anticipated," wrote Beben. "[He] has not been cleared for work and will be reassessed in 3 weeks."

Vance is said to be walking with a limp and is unable to perform in the show's rigorous action scenes.

"The producers may decide that it is best to simply return in the new year," added Beben.

The Transporter showrunners Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie were replaced by Steve Shill and Karen Wookey in August, due to creative differences.

The 12-part series series was originally expected to film in Toronto throughout November and debut on Cinemax in 2012.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a348954/transporter-tv-show-filming-delayed-until-2012.html

Last edited:
As long as there are no barrel rolls towards a crane hook, to knock off a bomb underneath the car, I'll watch it.

-Robert

Certainly willing to give it a go, i did like the 3 movies. in a "stupid-action-movie" kind of way. I do get the impression that this will be one of those cheap knock off movie spin off tv shows that will last 8 episodes before getting cancelled.

I'll only watch it if Chris Vance does a carbon copy characterization complete with english accent, of Statham. Otherwise, no deal.

As long as there are no barrel rolls towards a crane hook, to knock off a bomb underneath the car, I'll watch it.

-Robert

Amazingly, that wasn't even the most ridiculous "stunt" in it!!