The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

That isn't true. Any official business is subject to the Federal Records Act, regardless of classification.

Blind_Io;n3543278 said:
That isn't true. Any official business is subject to the Federal Records Act, regardless of classification.

That's what I said, record retention regs. But that wasn't the big issue with Hillary Clinton. Part of the issue for sure, since she had no right to delete tens of thousands of emails that could have been official in nature. The big issue was the handling of classified information. The story about the Trump team using private email servers doesn't say anything about whether or not record retention regs were actually violated or not, let alone whether they were using private servers for classified information.

Blind_Io;n3543278 said:

I would think as long as the records can be provided on request there would be no violation. Now if they deleted them...

Really? We’re going back to emails again?

Did you expect less?

As per internet regulations this must be posted:
O0UjOJZ.jpg

NecroJoe;n3543328 said:
So... Does he run for 2020?

Actually that is an interesting question, typically you would expect that but it seems like in this case he might be aware that it's not all unicorns and rainbows and may not want to bother.

LeVeL;n3543333 said:
Trump? He's absolutely running in 2020 - he turned out to be better at this than anyone expected so why wouldn't he run?

He turned out to be as bad as anyone expected and it's still his first year. He claims non existent records which mean nothing at all and ignores the few which do, like lowest approval after a first year in the first term.
He's either a pathological liar, a psychopath or just doesn't give a shit, none of which are very good traits.

A stop sign dressed in drag could run in 2020 and beat this guy. If there is any hope brought by Trump is that at last there could be a 3rd party president.

GRtak;n3543311 said:
Did you expect less?

Whataboutism «What about X and Y» is a classic GOP strategy when encountering a question they dont want to or know how to answer a question. Seems to work out for them.

LeVeL;n3543342 said:
We've been over this before but we can do it again: economic growth, low unemployment, lower taxes (for everyone including lower and middle classes), businesses booming, ISIS defeated, Middle East as united as it has been in recent memory against a common enemy, reduced waste spending on the UN, zero evidence of Trump colluding with Russia... Trump is doing a fantastic job, definitely better than I expected - there, I said it. If he keeps this up he'll easily have my vote in 2020.

Yes we have been over this, aside from taxes and the UN the rest is continuing previous trends really.

TC;n3543323 said:
Aren't you the one who brought them up this time? :p

I will admit to nothing. :p

NecroJoe;n3543328 said:
So... Does he run for 2020?

He was barely sworn in and already filed to run again.

LeVeL;n3543342 said:
We've been over this before but we can do it again: economic growth, low unemployment, lower taxes (for everyone including lower and middle classes), businesses booming, ISIS defeated, Middle East as united as it has been in recent memory against a common enemy, reduced waste spending on the UN, zero evidence of Trump colluding with Russia... Trump is doing a fantastic job, definitely better than I expected - there, I said it. If he keeps this up he'll easily have my vote in 2020.

Economics, job creation, lengthy military campaigns, are all things to progress slowly. To think Trump was the reason to bring those things in line is really quite silly. If anything I bet he had people who know what they're doing preventing him from taking measures which would have halted some of these things, because really they are the end results of the previous government policies, which he loves to shit on and overturn, even the ones which are obviously good.

At the same time, the guy is a machine of spewing stupid bullshit, not owning up to it when he does, trying to make it seem like he meant something else when he's caught in asinine tweeting and actively trying to modify what's been said if it seems like it's coming back to bite him in the ass (see the pussy grabbing incident ), à la Minitrue.
He is scientifically illiterate but thinks he's smarter than Stephen Hawking, and has appointed a guy which has taken money from the fossil fuel industry as head of the EPA.

If this is honestly what you think a good leader looks like, I feel bad for you.

Last edited:
LeVeL;n3543396 said:
Yes, I realize that unemployment started decreasing before Trump was elected. However, it would be downright ignorant not to acknowledge the fact that businesses do pay attention to politics and I have no doubt that his victory dramatically improved investor confidence and that his calls for a lower corporate tax rate have accountants working out the implication long before it was voted on.
Couple of things on that, one is that in addition to DJT we have a (R) controlled congress and reps tend to favor policies that are good for businesses. Even the tax plan ended up getting modified pretty extensively from what Trump wanted. The other thing is that business policies are only a fraction of what the government in general and POTUS in particular do. His stance on science is downright scary, gag orders on scientists, disallowing certain words and phrases from use by the EPA, NASA and the CDC. His handling of North Korea was so bad Putin said he needs to chill.