The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

After 9/11, all the major terrorist attacks were tied to islam. I don't understand the ban of Iran though, those guys don't tend to carry out any terrorist attacks, and generally seem like a more stable society with no civil war.

I would have put afghanistan and pakistan on the list not Iran.

Not only do I not consider myself a Republican, I also never mentioned how I voted.

You do call yourself a libertarian, which is what I called you.

Your post didn't merit a response because it was grasping at straws. It's like if Trump cured five different types of cancer, you'd be complaining that he didn't cure all of them.

Do explain how it's grasping at straws to say an "anti-terrorist" ban does not ban entry from the countries whose nationals actually did commit terrorist actions against the US recently, and from higher risk countries according to metrics you choose to post.

The whole country has interests in, say, Saudi Arabic, and they've been much closer allied with us than places like Syria and Iraq.

Better hope there isn't a terrorist attack from the excluded countries, then, or things get dicey.

Then I was right and it was a bad oversight that, as I predicted, was quickly corrected.

Good to know that the latest bad oversight is excusable since it was so quickly corrected rather than having DHS consult and avoid it in the first place:

The policy team at the White House developed the executive order on refugees and visas, and largely avoided the traditional interagency process that would have allowed the Justice Department and homeland security agencies to provide operational guidance, according to numerous officials who spoke to CNN on Saturday.

Government of amateurs.

I never called FDR an isolationist, I said he didn't want to enter the war until there was no other option.

Then your English is terrible:

FDR was trying to stay out of the war entirely and was afraid that accepting refugees would seem sympathetic to the Allies

That's an absolute statement, isolationist, and doesn't have an "until" like you're claiming now.

No, they are not exempt but all religious minorities (don't be alarmed but in majority Muslim countries other religions are in the minority) who get persecuted in all of these countries are supposed to get preferential treatment of some sort (not sure about the specifics).

That's exactly my point. If you ban people from majority Muslim countries but exempt religious minorities, you've just banned the Muslims.

I doubt they will hold true to the exemption for religious minorities. They will for Christians....but would they classify shias in a sunni country as a religious minority? We just lump 'em all together....moozlums are moozlums.

something thats been bugging me: why werent the germans rounded up then?

Too many around and they were of an acceptable race.

More or less. There were some Germans and Italians that were interned, however the total number of people in America that were born in Germany or had at least one German parent numbered in the millions, compared to a few hundred thousand similar Japanese. Race did play a part; the Germans were white, the Japanese were not. We also can't discount the effect it had that it was Japan which attacked the US, not Germany, along with the hysteria surrounding the Niihau incident.

Too many around and they were of an acceptable race.

What do you mean by "were"? Aren't we acceptable anymore? You'd think that being transformed into a docile economic powerhouse that gladly pays inherited debts 70 years down the line and is easiliy goaded into being responsible for all the bad that's happening somewhere in the world because WW2 and Nazis, that that would make us more popular?

... just joking.

What do you mean by "were"? Aren't we acceptable anymore?
No, I meant that racism (i.e. segregation) is no longer the law in the US. Therefore, it is sightly more difficult to intern people of a certain phenotype than it used to be 70+ years ago.

Last edited:
It appears that Trump has already filed for reelection in 2020.

Last edited:
I felt a little dirty reading that... Wouldn't have guess he was such a fan of Trump's unethical tactics.
He's deconstructing two opposing views re: Trump. There's nothing wrong with that.