The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

I think we are approaching the apex far to fast.

Removing him from office would be a good start. I don't think that placing anyone in Guantanamo is a good idea though.

CraigB;n3551423 said:
How do the rational, thinking Americans let the rest of the world know this man does not represent us and that would would like him removed from office, placed in Guantanamo and never heard from again?

Then you will be painted as irrational by his supporters and become a target of their disdain. Welcome t the New American way of doing things!

CraigB;n3551423 said:
How do the rational, thinking Americans let the rest of the world know this man does not represent us and that would would like him removed from office, placed in Guantanamo and never heard from again?

Midterms.

This is also true.

GRtak;n3551431 said:
Then you will be painted as irrational by his supporters and become a target of their disdain. Welcome t the New American way of doing things!

It's a very primitive "us against them" mentality. George Washington was actually worried about this, and I can't help but thinking that a multi-party parliamentary system is more democratic. Our government actually has the possibility of being a more multi-party system, however, a lot would have to change for that to happen.

Most of these supporters are uneducated and small minded. When I was growing up in a small town in Pennsylvania, I sometimes had people tell me things like "go back to your own country." Now, I am "half-Jewish," (I apologize now if that term offends anyone, I know that it's like saying "half-Christian") and I know that this is why these people were channeling their hate toward me. With that said, I am a descendant of 3 men who fought in the revolution, and 1 who fought in the war of 1812 so that this country could exist. The very people who were telling me to get out of their country were and likely still are benefiting from the freedoms my ancestors fought for in the country that my ancestors actions helped to create.

The GOP is going to destroy itself and any legitimacy they had with this president. Unless they act, they will forever be known as the party that put themselves over the country, the one whose president openly sided with an enemy and publicly undermined his own intelligence services. That is the very definition of treason.

Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election.

The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/w...meddling-.html

But don't worry the House Judiciary Committee is launching another investigation into Hillary's emails :barf:

Since I like all of you I will give you same offer I gave to my co-workers, free Russian lessons, gonna need those ;)

On a more serious note, I wonder how much of what Putin said or didn't say during the press conference was psych warfare tactic. (Mind you I'm not defending Trump and his actions/words here at all, just wondering given Putin's background)

Last edited:
It would just be nice to see Trump say that he knew that Putin was involved and stop kissing his ass. You know, some truth.

It happens. The real problem is that Trump doesn't know what the truth is.

He might actually know what the truth is, but he doesn't care as long as it doesn't fit his narrative...

Let me correct myself here. Trump knows what the truth is, he is just willingly ignoring it and trying to keep his message of no collusion intact.

Last edited: