The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
I don't disagree that we need more than just the wall. But I also think that a wall is a must and would absolutely help border security efforts. Schumer, Pelosi, Obama, and Clinton all agreed with that at one point but now they've caught TDS and developed amnesia.
What if I told you it wasn't a good idea then and we now have a better idea of how to secure the border using technology, patrols, and other means that are far more effective, cheaper, and have a smaller impact on both the environment and surrounding communities?

How about we talk about Trump arranging the longest shutdown in American history because he is trying to save face. Or that The Border Wall was just used as an analogy by his staff to get him to talk about border security, President Bumblefuck took it literally and promised a concrete wall and that Mexico would cut a check for it. Now his pride can't let him walk back that stupidity; hell, he literally begged Mexico to say they are working with the US to pay for it so he could save face. Not for security, for his poll numbers.

I'm starting to think your Trump Derangement Syndrome is actually going the other way if you believe anything this man-child says. For fuck's sake, the FBI opened an investigation to see if he is a Russian agent! Remember when Trump said Hillary must be corrupt because the FBI was looking at her? Now he says the FBI is corrupt because they are looking at him.

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
I'm starting to think your Trump Derangement Syndrome is actually going the other way if you believe anything this man-child says. For fuck's sake, the FBI opened an investigation to see if he is a Russian agent! Remember when Trump said Hillary must be corrupt because the FBI was looking at her? Now he says the FBI is corrupt because they are looking at him.
It's pretty clear that FBI is owned by the Clinton's, wake up sheeple!

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Ah, so the Democrats used to support the wall but now they don't anymore because of Russian collusion. Got it. Makes perfect sense! Guess five years ago the Dems didn't care about technology or the environment when they supported physical barriers. Yep, that must be it.

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Show me where the Democrats supported a $30-$70 BILLION dollar wall the length of the border.

I'll wait.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Where are you getting $30b? And why are you then more than doubling that figure? As I already posted, Schumer's figure was more like $8b specifically for a physical barrier, plus more money for other measures. Trump is asking for $5b for the physical barrier, less than Schumer asked for. What's the problem?

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Because $30-$70 is what experts estimate the actual cost will be for what Trump wants. $5 Billion for a 2,000 mile long border wall through rough terrain is a pipe dream.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Once again, he is asking for $5b. Not $30b, not $70b. You know what that means? THAT HE WON'T BE ABLE TO SPEND $70 BILLION. He will only be able to spend FIVE.

GRtak

Forum Addict
I want to know why the Republicans would not give him funding for the wall when they held both houses of congress.

They did not see it as a good idea then, why should the Democrats give it to him now?

Trump has misplayed this negotiation. What happened to the great negotiator?

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Republicans in Congress are largely RINOs. I hate those spineless bastards.

GRtak

Forum Addict
So why should the Dems bend to Trump's will? It seems only one Republican is stopping this from moving forward at this point(McConnell).

I also find it funny that Trump canceled Pelosi's trip because she asked for the State of the Union to be delayed. Just another example of Trump throwing a tantrum.

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Republicans in Congress are largely RINOs. I hate those spineless bastards.
Wait, so "most" of the Republican party (meaning the majority) - the party that decides collectively on a platform and issues - are "RINOS" - meaning not "real" Republicans?

Let me fix this for you:

"Republicans in Congress generally don't do what I want them to do, those spineless bastards don't bend to my whim."

LeVeL

Forum Addict
So why should the Dems bend to Trump's will?
Because just a few years ago the Dems wanted the exact same thing.

Let me fix this for you:

"Republicans in Congress generally don't do what I want them to do, those spineless bastards don't bend to my whim."
Yes, exactly. This is why Trump got elected - people got tired of RINOs not actually pushing conservative policies. It also helps that Trump is fairly liberal on social issues - he hasn't even tried to go after abortions or gay marriage, for example.

Punisher Bass

He who drives a Buick
Car(s)
98 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
Haven't you guys learned by now it's pretty much a waste of time countering Level everytime he posts? You can't have a rational conversation with an irrational person, he's been doing this for 3 years, and he only does it because he wants the attention it will bring him. He knows exactly what he's doing, being a troll to get a rise out of you.

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Still waiting for that info about the Democrats wanting 2,000 miles of wall, Level.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Still waiting for that info about the Democrats wanting 2,000 miles of wall, Level.
For fuck's sake, Trump himself has said the wall would be around 550mi - how far up your ass are you reaching to get 2000?!?! It's just a simple documented fact that the Democrats have asked for more funding for a physical barrier in the past than Trump wants now.

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Let's see, Trump wants a wall along the entire southern border. He wants 550 miles by November 2020 for the election, or did you just conveniently forget that last bit?

The southern border is just shy of 2,000 miles.

Uh, gee, I wonder...

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Let's see, Trump wants a wall along the entire southern border. He wants 550 miles by November 2020 for the election, or did you just conveniently forget that last bit?

The southern border is just shy of 2,000 miles.

Uh, gee, I wonder...
It's hilarious how angry you get about Trump.

Direct quote from your President:
“It’s a 2,000-mile border, but much of it has mountains and regions where you can’t get across so we’re looking at between 500 and 550.”
That's LESS mileage than what Schumer, Pelosi, and Obama supported just a few years ago!