The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Trump now proposing a compromise: wall funding in exchange for DACA protection for several years, humanitarian assistance, new drug-detection technology, more border agents and law-enforcement officials, more immigration judge teams, and a new system to allow Central American minors to apply for asylum in their home countries.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
taxis and the subway
Trump now proposing a compromise:
...which he would conveniently forget about the second the final T was crossed in any agreement with the Democratic leadership. The man had two years to get his vanity wall financed.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
Care to provide an example? Within the past year? Two years? Five years? You made an outlandish claim, please defend it.
Still waiting for a half dozen citation from you, so you might not want to throw stones in that particular direction.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Still waiting for a half dozen citation from you, so you might not want to throw stones in that particular direction.
Another outlandish statement. GIVE ME SOME EXAMPLES! I have no problem admitting it when I'm wrong so if I posted something I can't back up I'll own up to it. But you can't call me out for not providing sources and not tell me what statements I need sources for!

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Level, I'm not sifting through this entire thread to point out every one of your WhatAboutisms and deflections - I have other shit to do this week. We are still waiting for you to cite where the Democrats said they wanted a physical wall larger than what Trump wants, so how about we start there?

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Level, I'm not sifting through this entire thread to point out every one of your WhatAboutisms and deflections - I have other shit to do this week. We are still waiting for you to cite where the Democrats said they wanted a physical wall larger than what Trump wants, so how about we start there?
You name is quite appropriate, since I've already posted that. Several times.

Good to know you can't provide any evidence to back up your BS, btw.

GRtak

Forum Addict
Level, we tend to call you on your BS when it happens and then you pull shit like this. You will either deflect, just ignore us, or call the thread a dumpster fire and disappear. So why should we have to convince you now?

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Don't forget denying evidence if he doesnt like what it says.

You name is quite appropriate, since I've already posted that. Several times.

Good to know you can't provide any evidence to back up your BS, btw.
No, you've just stated it happened. You never showed the Democrats wanting a physical barrier and certainly not one that exceeded what Trump has demanded. We are still waiting for that.

Interrobang

Forum Addict
Level, we tend to call you on your BS when it happens and then you pull shit like this. You will either deflect, just ignore us, or call the thread a dumpster fire and disappear.[...]
The more interresting Question here is - who is he even trying to convince otherwise? There are no new people here, the old ones like us know all that already and (if we don't encounter plot-convienent amnesia) remember all that. So putting on a show - for who?

LeVeL

Forum Addict
No, you've just stated it happened. You never showed the Democrats wanting a physical barrier and certainly not one that exceeded what Trump has demanded. We are still waiting for that.
I literally cited a specific bill. How can I possibly get any more specific than that??

The more interresting Question here is - who is he even trying to convince otherwise? There are no new people here, the old ones like us know all that already and (if we don't encounter plot-convienent amnesia) remember all that. So putting on a show - for who?
I find it amusing to watch you guys squirm and perform fascinating mental gymnastics over everything. Case in point: we've managed to argue about factual information for the last several pages. I posted about an actual bill brought forth by Senator Schumer and that's still not a good enough source for its own content for Blind :ROFLMAO: Appropriate username is appropriate here - denying actual facts!

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Yeah, I read that bill. It is a massive overhaul and. as usual, you are lying about the details that are kind of important. The bill was not just for a border wall, that was actually a fairly small part at $1.5 billion for better border fencing in high-traffic areas. The bill was very specific about this. The rest of the border security was to be spent on sensors, and 40,000 new agents to patrol.

The bill was also opposed by the GOP.

You said that the Democrats wanted more border wall than Trump. That's a lie. I keep asking you to prove it and your own citation is against you.
You said that they wanted to spend more on border walls than Trump. Also a lie, they were going to appropriate about 20% of Trump's most optimistic (unrealistic) estimate to physical barriers.

So I'm still waiting for you to prove your point, but the personal attacks and trolling behavior are amusing mental gymnastics as you continue to take from Trump's playbook - shovel bullshit and lies faster than they can be disproved.

By the way, you should really look up the character Blind Io from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. While it's amusing to listen to you insult me for "denying facts" (I love irony as much as the next guy), you are kind of making a fool of yourself.

Last edited:

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Sigh... Here we go again.

Yeah, I read that bill. It is a massive overhaul and. as usual, you are lying about the details that are kind of important. The bill was not just for a border wall, that was actually a fairly small part at $1.5 billion for better border fencing in high-traffic areas. The bill was very specific about this. The rest of the border security was to be spent on sensors, and 40,000 new agents to patrol.
You, sir, are the one who is lying. At no point did I ever say that Schumer's bill was only about a border wall. First of all, I never called it a wall because the bill didn't call it a wall - I said "physical barrier" (I'm surprised that someone so anal about details didn't notice that); second of all I did not suggest that the whole bill was about these physical barriers.

You said that the Democrats wanted more border wall than Trump. That's a lie. I keep asking you to prove it and your own citation is against you.
Wrong. First, you are completely missing the point, even though I've explained it multiple times already. The point isn't about who's penis wall is longer, it's about the fact (yes, FACT) that leading Democrats supported a physical barrier along the southern border just a few years ago but now they are suddenly against said barrier and consider it "immoral" (do you need a citation for that?). Second, if you really must be this pedantic and anal about seemingly irrelevant details, I present you with the following:
"Not later than 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall establish a strategy, to be known as the “Southern Border Fencing Strategy”, to identify where 700 miles of fencing (including double-layer fencing), infrastructure, and technology, including at ports of entry, should be deployed along the Southern border." - S.744 - Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act
"We’re talking about 500 to 550 miles total. It’s a 2,000-mile border, but much of it has mountains and region where you can’t get across. So we’re looking at between 500 and 550." - President Donald J. Trump, Dec 25, 2018.

I'm just going to guess here that this won't be enough to satisfy you. When you've got a bad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, no amount of citations and factual data can possible be good enough.

You said that they wanted to spend more on border walls than Trump. Also a lie...
From S.7444: "$8,000,000,000 shall be made available to the Secretary, during the 5-year period beginning on the date of the enactment of this Act, to procure and deploy fencing, infrastructure, and technology in accordance with the Southern Border Fencing Strategy established pursuant to section 5(b), not less than $7,500,000,000 of which shall be used to deploy, repair, or replace fencing"
As you might've heard, Trump wants $5.7b - here's a New York Times article mentioning that figure in the first paragraph (hopefully this source isn't too alt-right for you).

While it's amusing to listen to you insult me for "denying facts" (I love irony as much as the next guy), you are kind of making a fool of yourself.
And I don't think about you at all.

GRtak

Forum Addict
I mentioned the "Smart Fence" and you said that bill wasn't the smart fence. I now feel slightly better knowing I got you to admit I was right and you were wrong. /sarcasm

LeVeL

Forum Addict
I mentioned the "Smart Fence" and you said that bill wasn't the smart fence. I now feel slightly better knowing I got you to admit I was right and you were wrong. /sarcasm
Got a citation? Please show me where you mentioned "the Smart Fence" in this discussion.

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Okay, let's go with that.

The GOP still opposed the plan and they didn't fund Trump's 4th century boondoggle when they had the House, Senate, White House, AND the Supreme Court. But NOW Trump has a tantrum and shuts down the government? It's typical GOP bullshit, all they know is how to point fingers, when they are given a chance to actually implement their policies they don't.

Trump couldn't fund the wall through the GOP because he would piss off the budget Hawks and his base for not making Mexico pay for it. And don't start with that "indirect means" spin they've tried, he was on the phone with the President of Mexico literally begging for them to say they would fund his stupidity. If the plan was always "indirect means" then why have the call in the first place, it's a unilateral decision. So he needed the Democrats in the house so there was someone else to blame, and if he got a single cent out of them, he could claim a bipartisan victory and then blame the Democratic party for running up the deficit.

Speaking of the deficit. I called that the deficit would explode under his tarrif and tax scheme when they were announced.

Last edited:

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Okay, let's go with that.

The GOP still opposed the plan and they didn't fund Trump's 4th century boondoggle when they had the House, Senate, White House, AND the Supreme Court. But NOW Trump has a tantrum and shuts down the government? It's typical GOP bullshit, all they know is how to point fingers, when they are given a chance to actually implement their policies they don't.
I'm not here to make excuses for the GOP. I'm here to point out the incredible hypocrisy of the loudmouth Dems, particularly Schumer and Pelosi, who are suddenly dead-set against funding a physical barrier. If only they would remember that they supported a bill that would've allocated more funding towards a longer border barrier than Trump currently wants, they'd be able to strike a deal with POTUS and reopen the government. But, instead, they are suddenly claiming that walls are "immoral".