The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

It's not racist, no matter how butt-hurt you are over it.

Google "racism definition" and you get this:

There has been no implication that whites are superior to native Americans. In fact, Warren isn't even "of a different race", since she is fucking white. Calling her Pocahontas or Fauxcohontas isn't racist, it's just making fun of a lying scumbag politician - it is not at all directed at native Americans or meant to demean or disrespect them. Unless, of course, a liberal gets triggered and then everything is racist.

Says the guy who is actively defending and supporting the worst liar in the history of American politics.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/01/politics/donald-trump-3000/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ims-day/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7feea831cb6d

https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with...ng-more-than-any-president-ever-1362683459818

But I guess when your guy lies, it's okay.

A physical feature is not a behavior, dickweed. Someone is responsible for what they say and do, they can't control the shape of the nose they were born with.

This is what you do, you poke, you insult, you deflect, deny, and pull this whataboutist bullshit and when you are called out on it you try to turn it around. I'm not deflecting from Warren, Warren isn't the topic. We were talking about Trump, you came in with a non-sequitur that has nothing to do with the topic at hand; now that we are getting back on topic you are accusing others of deflecting. If you want to start a thread or use the policial Random Thoughts to talk about Warren, go for it. I'm not condoning lying or deception by anyone; I believe in holding people accountable, something you seem to be allergic to when it comes to your beloved Cheetolini.

It's the same stunt the Alt-Right pulls. Push and push and push until someone pushes back then cry about how the left isn't tolerant of being pushed around. I've watched you do it in here again and again with your little jabs and insults, calling names, making fun of screen names and then patting yourself on the back for being so fucking clever.

Grow up and stop it with this grade-school bullshit. What the hell happened to you? Before Trump came on the scene you never pulled this type of shit, we could disagree but you never called people names, mocked their screen names, or tried this whataboutism nonsense. You've become Trump and are emulating every odious, disgusting, and uncivil behavior he models. Seriously, stop being such a fucking sycophant, you have your head so far up Trump's ass that the lump in his throat is your nose.

Blind_Io, like I've said at least twice in this thread, just fucking ignore him. Don't even bother giving him the time of day. Life is too short to waste any of it on people who act like that, he's a troll, he gets off on goading people. Trust me, I work as a community manager for a major MMA website, I deal with people like this every god damn day.

Getting you and others riled up is his only goal. He will spout whatever bullshit he has to if it means getting a reaction. It's why he uses language such as "inherent violence on the left" "trump derangement syndrome/TDS" and "a liberal gets triggered". Even if you shut him down with facts, he'll just float away and come back with his nose stuck in the air to drop a few more baiting comments, as you've already seen numerous times over the years. It's what he does, stop playing his game.

If it's 1 1000th of the budget then it's 0.1%, not 0.01%. Like I said, you're off by an order of magnitude.

I hate to go all Narf on you, but... .1 is a tenth, .01 is a hundredth, and .001 is a thousandth. :D

You missed the joke. You are correct, but so am I.

Stop pointing out that what we were promised is not what we are getting. :shakefist: :p

b) A refund is not a good thing. It simply means that you gave the government an interest-free loan. You're better off reducing your deductions and aiming for no refund and nothing owed.
Exactly, and it has nothing to do with tax rates. Better to get a refund than back taxes, but ideally you should aim for 0

Never the less Trump's base seems pissed about it.

I was honest with you guys about how the tax cuts affected my paycheck and I'll be honest about my refund when I get it. I honestly don't know how it will be affected but in the past I've gotten pretty significant refunds (again, not a good thing).
In my case my refund was about 10% less but the increase in my paycheck offset the difference by a 100% (over the year). It’s actually even more when factoring in that my wife makes similar money so she got a similar increase in take home pay.

One caveat is that child care deductions are up under Trumps plan so being a father of two has a positive effect overall.

Border Security Funding Talks Stalled, Government Shutdown Looms

Negotiations to stop another government shutdown have stalled, as lawmakers remain at an impasse over border security. If an agreement on funding the government isn't reached by Friday at midnight, the government could partially shut down again, just three weeks after the longest U.S. government shutdown in history.

Republican Sen. Richard Shelby, Chair of the Senate Appropriations Committee told Fox News Sunday he put the odds of a deal at 50-50. "I think the next 24 hours are crucial. We could close some deals, but they've got to be good, to secure our borders," Shelby said.

A Democratic congressional aide tells NPR talks have broken down over how many detention beds for Immigration and Customs Enforcement will be funded through the agreement. Democrats want to limit the number of beds to force the Trump administration to prioritize arresting and deporting serious criminals, not law-abiding immigrants.

President Trump has asked for $5.7 billion to fund a wall along the U.S. border with Mexico. On Sunday Trump tweeted that Democrats "are offering very little money for the desperately needed Border Wall & now, out of the blue, want a cap on convicted violent felons to be held in detention!"

I don’t think the Dems on the Border Committee are being allowed by their leaders to make a deal. They are offering very little money for the desperately needed Border Wall & now, out of the blue, want a cap on convicted violent felons to be held in detention!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 10, 2019

According to The New York Times, "While Democrats refused to entertain the prospect of fulfilling Mr. Trump's $5.7 billion demand for a border wall, lawmakers had grown closer to accepting a number between $1.3 billion and $2 billion for physical barriers. But they also demanded the limit on ICE beds, as a way to force the agency to focus on detaining migrants with criminal records instead of people who have overstayed their visas."

Politico reports, "Lawmakers are discussing the possibility of a year-long continuing resolution bill but so far discussions have not led to a proposal that both House Democrats and Senate Republicans could get on board with."

Acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney told NBC's Meet the Press that negotiations are "all over the map because of the Democrats" and that "the White House, at the request of all the parties on the Hill, have sort of stepped back. We're still participating, we're still listening, we're still talking, but we're not leading the negotiations."

When asked about funding for a border wall, Mulvaney said he "absolutely cannot" rule out another government shutdown. He added the "most likely outcome" is that Congress will reach a border security agreement Trump will sign.

Here we go again.

"Hey, you know that super unpopular thing I did that tanked my poll numbers and made the Democrats look good? Let's do that again!"