The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

If you are talking to me, I have only one question, did you watch the actual video or did you read the title and form a completely uninformed opinion?

Talking about LeVeL. It's just pathetic now, his approach.

960x0.jpg

"45 es un titere"
"45 is a puppet"

Talking about LeVeL. It's just pathetic now, his approach.
Got it, it's confusing when you don't quote in your reply :)

I do, kill them, lets forget about them and move on.

How much do you think Tex Watson and Charles Manson has cost the tax payers over the last (almost) 50 years? Millions! Tex Watson has fathered 4 kids while in prison, doesn't seem like he is rotting to me...
It actually costs significantly more to execute someone than it does to keep them locked up for life. Not sure why Tex was granted conjugal visits but a rather easy way out of it is not allowing those...

Last edited:
How can that statement even make sense? In California it cost 50-60k a year to house a prisoner.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lethal-injection_n_1391408

A year ago, it cost the Texas Department of Criminal Justice approximately $83 to execute an inmate by lethal injection, the American-Statesman reported last month. That price has risen to nearly $1,300.
As @GRtak already noted, it has a lot to do with costs outside of the actual cost of lethal injection, which btw is an extremely cruel way to execute someone. For one inmates are on death row for years if not decades, for two the appeal process is significantly different to try and make sure that the right person is executed https://www.amnestyusa.org/issues/death-penalty/death-penalty-facts/death-penalty-cost/
Amnesty International said:
Using conservative rough projections, the Commission estimates the annual costs of the present system ($137 million per year), the present system after implementation of the reforms … ($232.7 million per year) … and a system which imposes a maximum penalty of lifetime incarceration instead of the death penalty ($11.5 million).

On top of costs around 4% of people executed are later found to be innocent, the actual percentage of innocents is likely higher seeing as how no one actively investigates those cases.

Aside from all that, the state should not have the power to execute anyone. I simply don't trust the government with that power.

How can that statement even make sense? In California it cost 50-60k a year to house a prisoner.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lethal-injection_n_1391408

A year ago, it cost the Texas Department of Criminal Justice approximately $83 to execute an inmate by lethal injection, the American-Statesman reported last month. That price has risen to nearly $1,300.

That is the cost of the injection, not the years of legal fighting and appeals that go with a death sentence. Lawyers are expensive and a metric shit ton of them have to touch every death penalty case. That cost is only going up as the drugs currently available likely violate an inmates's 8th Amendment rights.

That cost is only going up as the drugs currently available likely violate an inmates's 8th Amendment rights.
That's another point, the drugs used for lethal injection are no longer produced and there is no substitute.

Here is another consideration, for death sentence to work you literally have to force someone to kill another human being. Imagine the psychological toll this takes on the executioner.

Fun fact, when people used to get executed by firing squad some soldiers were given blanks in their guns so that no one knew for sure that they killed someone.

The last execution by firing squad in the US took place in 2010 about 20 minutes from where I live - so not that long ago.

While POTUS should never say anything like that.
I’ve dated a girl from Baltimore and spent a good amount of time there, he isn’t exactly wrong...

When Trump announces policy, you have to follow his tweets.

Pretty sure he tweeted that out ;)

I did see that, but it is not something trump did directly, it is a court ruling. There is still a fight going on over the issue.

True but that's a pretty big win for him IMO, SCOTUS decisions tend to be used as precedent for lower courts.

Unless I am reading it wrong, this is just a stay, not anything final.

Maybe, but again I think SCOTUS opinions tend to carry quite a bit of weight in the legal system. I mean you are right in that nothing is final but to me that's pretty important news.
(And no not because I necessarily support the wall)