The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
He sounds like a 4th grader whining about getting grounded. He keeps saying it's the "greatest witch hunt in American history", I'm guessing he doesn't know that we had actual witch hunts.

GRtak

Forum Addict
Curious where @LeVeL and @Prizak are these days?

Do you feel the process is now legitimate?

Has any of the new information changed your minds?

Has any information swayed you in the slightest?

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT

I’m waiting for all the info to come out, at this point it’s all very partisan and up in the air

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Vindman: Trump-Ukraine Call Record Omitted Biden-Related Mentions

This nuts!!!

Parnas Associations Range From Russian Mob To Trump Legal Team | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC

More Signs Of A Slow Economy Emerge This Week

Last edited:

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)

It was never illegitimate. The GOP position that there needed to be a vote before an investigation is bullshit, the inquiry is following the rules the GOP set when they had the majority. The false cries of "no due process" are meaningless, it would be the same as saying that a person who is being investigated but has not been arraigned is not getting due process - see haven't even had the arraignment, let alone a trial.

Trump will get his due process, what he and the GOP want is to circumvent due process and go straight to a "not guilty" verdict without a trial.

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
I think you need to be looking at some different news sources and not the cherry picked stuff Fox tells you about.

GRtak

Forum Addict
I’m waiting for all the info to come out, at this point it’s all very partisan and up in the air
This is a bit weak. I am not asking for a verdict, just a thought or two on where things are.

Avoiding this dumpster fire. We've been at this for years now and it's gotten downright nasty and we're never going to agree on anything, so why even bother anymore? I'd rather sit back and laugh my ass off at the mainstream media losing their shit over a dog meme :roflmao:
I mean your thoughts, not where you've been.

It was never illegitimate. The GOP position that there needed to be a vote before an investigation is bullshit, the inquiry is following the rules the GOP set when they had the majority. The false cries of "no due process" are meaningless, it would be the same as saying that a person who is being investigated but has not been arraigned is not getting due process - see haven't even had the arraignment, let alone a trial.

Trump will get his due process, what he and the GOP want is to circumvent due process and go straight to a "not guilty" verdict without a trial.
I know what the GOP thinks. They have a one track mind that they were given a script to memorize. The problem is that the White House keeps sending the email to Democrats too, so everyone knows what they think before they say it.

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
This is a bit weak. I am not asking for a verdict, just a thought or two on where things are.
Honestly I haven't been following it that much, however...
I didn't think it was illegitimate before, the House hasn't actually broken any rules as far as I understand. I don't think that starting an inquiry without a vote is a right thing, but then I can say the same about a lot of things that go on in government.

To those two the answer is above:
I haven't been following much and I will wait for what is actually determined.

P.S. I also generally don't know what normal conduct for foreign policy is.

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Typically foreign policy is between states and not being conducted for the benefit of a particular person or party. We have to keep reminding ourselves that this is not normal, Trump's presidency is unprecedented in so many ways I've honestly lost track; if we allow ourselves to believe that this is normal or acceptable, we will end up doing this again and again (this isn't a party-specific prediction, not holding Trump accountable will open the door to an equally corrupt opponent in the future).

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Apparently in a bid to normalize his behavior, Trump has frozen military aid to Lebanon against the wishes of Congress and the Pentagon.

Either it's another quid pro quo, or Trump's team is trying to show this is "business as usual" after the fact.