The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

"Postliterate" "Post-truth" Can't we just say "illiterate liar?"

"Postliterate" "Post-truth" Can't we just say "illiterate liar?"

See truthiness.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness

Truthiness is the belief or assertion that a particular statement is true based on the intuition or perceptions of some individual or individuals, without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts.[1][2] Truthiness can range from ignorant assertions of falsehoods to deliberate duplicity or propaganda intended to sway opinions.[3][4]

Or, as we in the northern Midwest would say, bullshit!

Yeah, I remember when Truthiness was first coined. It was funny, but scary - and that holds true today.

Do I need to post the Starfleet logo?

Mary Louise Kelly talking to All Things Considered co-host Ari Shapiro about the encounter with Pompeo and his staff at the end of the interview:

I was taken to the Secretary's private living room where he was waiting and where he shouted at me for about same amount of time as the interview itself. He was not happy to have been questioned about Ukraine.

He asked, "do you think Americans care about Ukraine?"

He used the F-word in that sentence and many others. He asked if I could find Ukraine on a map. I said yes, and he called out for aides to bring us a map of the world with no writing. I pointed to Ukraine. He put the map away.

He said, "people will hear about this."

Mary Louise Kelly talking to All Things Considered co-host Ari Shapiro about the encounter with Pompeo and his staff at the end of the interview:

How dare that reporter do her job and ruin the nicely laid out mistruth!

Of people to challenge to a geography pop quiz...Did he really believe a NPR senior reporter and host of one of the most listened to news broadcast didn't know geography?

What is odd to me is the bully mentality for this when he should know NPR isn't going to play to their base. I'm confident he could have confessed live on NPR and to the GOP voter it wouldn't register.

I don't think his non answers were off message, he didn't seem that ruffled, so why the post interview blow up. Was this just to chill freedom of the press?

Looks like the defense is that the impeachment process in the Constitution is Unconstitutional.

Of people to challenge to a geography pop quiz...Did he really believe a NPR senior reporter and host of one of the most listened to news broadcast didn't know geography?

What is odd to me is the bully mentality for this when he should know NPR isn't going to play to their base. I'm confident he could have confessed live on NPR and to the GOP voter it wouldn't register.

I don't think his non answers were off message, he didn't seem that ruffled, so why the post interview blow up. Was this just to chill freedom of the press?

Here is the official response:

Pompeo:

"NPR reporter Mary Louise Kelly lied to me, twice," Pompeo said in a statement released by the State Department. "First, last month, in setting up our interview and, then again yesterday, in agreeing to have our post-interview off the record."

So he's not saying she's lying about the tenor of the conversation.

The merit of his claim is that the topic of the interview strayed from Iran. If interviews don't stray from talking points why bother. The idea is that the Secretary of State is unaccountable to the public? What the hell is going on with these people. Any politicians knows evade the question, smile, move on. Odd goofy guilty way of freaking out and looking like an asshole.

It's worth noting that Bangladesh is NOT Ukraine.

It's worth noting he's not saying she pointed to Bangladesh but he's implying it. Though she received her master's degree in European studies at Cambridge University in England.

Im guessing either Pompeo plays geography pop quiz to demean his staff frequently or the whole blow up was planned. Why would he have an unlabeled map at the ready?

Looks like the defense is that the impeachment process in the Constitution is Unconstitutional.
Yes, it has boiled down to the Chewbacca defense, but it doesn't matter, as the facts don't matter as long as the GOP has a majority in the Senate.

But.., but, the call was perfect!

Now the question becomes, do the Republican Senators pull their heads out of Trump's ass, or not?

Edit:

More from the Bolton book.

Last edited: