The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

That one has more to do with the fact that it is now easier for illegal immigrants to acquire an NYC driver's license, IIRC. This is a problem that would be easily solved if the US had an actual ID document/card/whathaveyou, the omission of which continues to startle me as the most bizarre thing about the US.

The overzealousness of ICE is, all that being said, still monumentally stupid in this case.

Last edited:
A mechanic at my motorcycle shop was just arrested by ICE on his way to work. He's now in a detention facility in another state and trying to find a way to sell all his motorcycles to pay for an attorney and his rent so he doesn't lose his home.

He's here legally.
I just can't understand the amount of power the ICE has been given. So they can just snatch people off the street? I assume the guy has the proper documentation of his legal status, if not with him, then at home? I further assume that with presenting that documentation, he would have to be released immediately...

That one has more to do with the fact that it is now easier for illegal immigrants to acquire an NYC driver's license, IIRC.
Membership in Global Entry and the like requires all sorts of background checks including DMV records. AFAIK, the NY state legislature restricted Federal Agencies’ insight into these by requiring court orders for each individual case; reason being a highly justified concern that the Trump “administration” would use DMV records to find and deport immigrants with questionable status.

Results: The Donald doesn’t get to placate his base by throwing dem God-daymn wetbacks out of NY State, at least not quite so easily, and retaliates by excluding its residents from trusted traveller programmes over (probably) the least important of all the background checks.

That one has more to do with the fact that it is now easier for illegal immigrants to acquire an NYC driver's license, IIRC. This is a problem that would be easily solved if the US had an actual ID document/card/whathaveyou, the omission of which continues to startle me as the most bizarre thing about the US.

The overzealousness of ICE is, all that being said, still monumentally stupid in this case.

You are mistaken. It is no easier or harder for illegal immigrants to get a license anywhere. This is Trump and his administration using any tactic they can to try and intimidate or coerce cooperation with a policy that is misguided, at best.

That one has more to do with the fact that it is now easier for illegal immigrants to acquire an NYC driver's license, IIRC.

Well NYS because NYC doesn't issue drivers licenses. 13 other states (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, and Washington) have similar laws as well but don't have the same restrictions because Trump only wants to punish New Yorkers.

This is a problem that would be easily solved if the US had an actual ID document/card/whathaveyou, the omission of which continues to startle me as the most bizarre thing about the US.

Passports and Passport Cards are available but no citizen is required to obtain Federal Identification. The reason why most citizens only have state documents is they don't travel internationally. Republicans are the party of federalism and states rights which is why states are the issuer of drivers licenses. Now Trump a Republican is acting as an impediment of citizens from one state from getting federal identification.

It's not stupid it's intentionally being abused to induce fear. Don't think that because you find the end results poor that someone doesn't see that bug as a feature.

Did Trump's top guy on the Corona Virus task force seriously just ask for help accessing a map of the virus hotspots... on Twitter?

ERkfXV8WsAAgy-e.png

Ken Cuccinelli, the #2 official at Homeland Security, is top DHS official on the Trump admin’s coronavirus task force.

Did Trump's top guy on the Corona Virus task force seriously just ask for help accessing a map of the virus hotspots... on Twitter?

These guys are what passes for smart to dumb people. Kinda like how Trump passes for rich to poor people. Just know that you're in greater jeopardy than you can possibly comprehend. Trump voters will never understand that they are ignorant of the danger from incompetence because when it bites them in the ass they blame Communist
CLUE-Hero-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Trump's doctor hit cauliflower in mashed potatoes to improve his diet.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...auliflower-in-mashed-potatoes-to-improve-diet

After, the president was let out of his high chair and allowed to watch cartoons while drinking diluted apple juice in a sippy cup.

Remember the check up where the Dr. said Trump had "great genes"

Now, the former physician is running for a seat in Congress for Texas’s 13th District, one of the most conservative districts in the country

I'm sure the GOP will be outraged ... that anyone said anything because of course it's all legal and also Hillary and/or Obama's fault.

This inspires so little confidence it is shocking.

Of course Covid-19 will spread in the US. Probably, it is already spreading.

The reason why you hear that much from places like Italy is because we've screened many people, including many who appeared completely healthy or have mild symptoms.

If other countries, like Germany, France, the UK or the US only screen people with severe symptoms, they will only report fewer cases as the (luckily vast) majority will go undetected or will pass as standard flu.

As an example: this