The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Question Trump wouldn't let Dr. Fauci answer

Berman to Navarro: Why are you qualified to weigh in on coronavirus treatments?

I voted for Bernie in the last democratic presidential primary, and Hillary in the past general election. Hillary won the popular vote last time, but I don't see that happening for Biden. Biden has this enormous #MeToo issue following him around, and he continues to fail to adequately address it. His supporters are actively attacking and insulting anyone who supported another candidate, and he hasn't addressed that issue at all. Alyssa Milano called Bernie supporters "toxic," and all we heard from Biden was crickets.

I started out this time as a Warren supporter, and I genuinely feel that both Biden and Bernie are too old for the job. With that said, if I get the opportunity to vote for Bernie in the primary, I will. I will not, however, be voting for Biden in the general election. From what I just said about how I've voted in the past, that statement should speak volumes. I live in a red state, so it doesn't matter. Still, I can allow myself to have more peace of mind if I don't vote for either Biden or Trump.

I totally see where you're coming from and respect your choice. For me, it goes beyond my personal convictions or Biden wouldn't be getting my vote - I'm in two marginalized groups that are constantly threatened by a Trump presidency and while Warren and Bernie were my top choices, I am prepared to put what I want aside for the good of these two (and hopefully other marginalized groups adversely affected by this shit stain presidency) groups and vote for Biden in the general.

Sure it'd be mediocre and free of the real change we need as a nation but at *least* Trump and his grifter minions won't be there. If that's the minimum one can ask for then so be it.

^ why you'll just dismiss them and continue your daddy worship

The Trump administration made an unexpected move last July when it stepped into in a major federal lawsuit to argue the Civil Rights Act of 1964 doesn’t protect gay workers from discrimination. The Trump administration’s filing was unusual in part because the Justice Department wasn’t a party in the case, and the department doesn’t typically weigh in on private employment lawsuits. Further, the Justice Department was fighting against a separate, autonomous federal agency that had supported a gay man's case. The court ruled in favor of LGBT rights, but the Trump administration hasn’t reversed its stance that it’s legal under federal law to fire employees for being gay.

I thought that one was just for the especially desperate cases until further testing.

I thought that one was just for the especially desperate cases until further testing.

"What do you have to lose?" Mr Trump said. "It's been out there for a long time. What do you have to lose? I hope they use it."

"I may take it. I have to ask my doctors," he then pleaded for people to "try it, won't you"

Doesn't sound it our President said try it

I totally see where you're coming from and respect your choice. For me, it goes beyond my personal convictions or Biden wouldn't be getting my vote - I'm in two marginalized groups that are constantly threatened by a Trump presidency and while Warren and Bernie were my top choices, I am prepared to put what I want aside for the good of these two (and hopefully other marginalized groups adversely affected by this shit stain presidency) groups and vote for Biden in the general.

Sure it'd be mediocre and free of the real change we need as a nation but at *least* Trump and his grifter minions won't be there. If that's the minimum one can ask for then so be it.

Your vote can make a difference by pushing PA towards the blue. My vote only stands to add to Biden's sense of victory if he wins. I'll vote my morals, and let a candidate who I don't have any affinity for have one less vote.

He's released 29 million pills from the stockpile and rang Modi to try get more!!!

Such utter bullshit. There has never been a better time to be black and/or gay in America.

Please give some examples of how you are threatened by the Trump presidency.

Sure, I'm not enslaved on a fucking plantation and yes, legally I can enter any establishment, but income inequality has never been greater. After Trump won people felt free to show their ass and be blatantly racist to any minority, something that hasn't slowed down even today. Look at the Asian-Americans getting beat up in the streets because xenophobic assholes fueled by Trump's continued thinly veiled "it's true cause it's the location!" bullshit about "Chinese Virus."

And like @Momentum57 mentioned, it isn't exactly peaches and cream in the LGBTQ+ community here right now either. Sure we have some great rights, but it's important to make damn sure they're protected.

That's something that one cannot assume with a Trump presidency.

I think it's clear based on your tone that we will just have to agree to disagree on this, but this is my perspective as someone who's actually fucking living here.

He's released 29 million pills from the stockpile and rang Modi to try get more!!!

This is not a bad thing if that testing turns out positive for its use. The administration can choose between getting shit for releasing them before it was safe or getting shit for taking their time to do so (and the headline would read something like "Trump hoards life saving medice").

Trade Adviser Warned White House in January of Risks of a Pandemic

A memo from Peter Navarro is the most direct warning known to have circulated at a key moment among top administration officials.

“The lack of immune protection or an existing cure or vaccine would leave Americans defenseless in the case of a full-blown coronavirus outbreak on U.S. soil,” Mr. Navarro’s memo said. “This lack of protection elevates the risk of the coronavirus evolving into a full-blown pandemic, imperiling the lives of millions of Americans.”

Dated Jan. 29, it came during a period when Mr. Trump was playing down the risks to the United States.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/...tion=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

https://www.axios.com/exclusive-nav...ary-da3f08fb-dce1-4f69-89b5-ea048f8382a9.html

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Grifters gonna grift

Flew 8000 miles to berate Captain!

Acting secretary of the Navy resigns after calling ousted aircraft carrier captain 'stupid'

The former acting secretary flew to Guam to address the ship, insulting Crozier to thousands of sailors who had given their former captain a standing ovation as he left the ship days before.

The audio of that address was leaked to media outlets and the uproar over Modly's remarks -- calling Crozier "too naive or too stupid" to be in command of the aircraft carrier and saying that going outside of the chain-of-command with his memo represented a "betrayal" -- quickly made his position untenable.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/07/politics/modly-resign-crozier-esper-trump/index.html

Trump’s new press secretary has a history of birtherism and wildly inaccurate coronavirus takes

Kayleigh McEnany has a storied record of defending some of Trump’s most egregious excesses.
https://www.vox.com/2020/4/7/212123...-press-secretary-birtherism-obama-coronavirus