The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Looks like Trump is refusing to release economic projections.

Highlights from The Washington Post article (which is behind a paywall)
The White House is supposed to unveil a federal budget proposal every February and then provides a “mid-session review” in July or August with updated projections on economic trends such as unemployment, inflation and economic growth.

Two White House officials confirmed the decision had been made not to include the economic projections as part of the mid-session release. The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, said that the novel coronavirus is causing extreme volatility in the U.S. economy, making it difficult to model economic trends.

“It gets them off the hook for having to say what the economic outlook looks like,” said Douglas Holtz-Eakin, a former director of the Congressional Budget Office who served as an economic adviser to the late senator John McCain (R-Ariz.).

Both liberal and conservative critics said the White House should publish its economic projections in line with the precedent set by prior administrations, regardless of the uncertainty caused by the pandemic. The White House under President Barack Obama continued to release these numbers during the Great Recession, although they were unflattering.

“There is no logistical reason they couldn’t do it,” said Bill Hoagland, senior vice president at the Bipartisan Policy Center and former Republican staff director for the Senate Budget Committee. “It seems more likely they do not want to bring attention to the high level of unemployment they’d have to project for this year, and into next year.”

Critics say the White House is not confronting the extent of the economic damage facing the nation. The administration has largely broken off negotiations with Congress on an additional stimulus package, although many economists say additional stimulus is necessary.

You do want him to slip in a puddle of AIDS these days.

Looks like Trump is refusing to release economic projections.

Highlights from The Washington Post article (which is behind a paywall)

No, why would he? He's a perfect president, with a perfect economy and it's perfectly acceptable that 100k people have died in two months of a perfectly preventable outbreak.

Personally, I've had it with his perfection. The dude is either on drugs or so far up his own ass that he can't function (Por que dos?). The fact that nearly half this country idolizes the big orange dingus confounds me to no end. Here in my little burg of just 200 there has to be half a dozen houses that literally fly a Trump flag out front. It's actually rather disheartening to see that people are so blind to his insanity.

Now, is this the tenth or eleventh time I've made a post like this in this very thread?

Last edited:

Trump tweets a video saying "The only good democrat is a dead Democrat"

I know about Godwin's Law, but fuck me if he's moving from 1935-Hitler into about 1937/1938-Hitler

I know about Godwin's Law, but fuck me if he's moving from 1935-Hitler into about 1937/1938-Hitler
Yay Second Civil War? :dunno:

You jest, but the Alt-Right Neo-Nazis are using "Boogaloo" to talk about exactly that.

I now fear for my life because of this man. Fucking hell what a dipshit...

Yay Second Civil War? :dunno:
Well, now imagine if he looses in November. If he does, he will claim massive voter fraud, order a recount and maybe discard the election, you have no guarantee that he will respect it. Remember, he did tweet out something like "let's march on Washington" after Obama was reelected in 2012, and falsely stated that Obama lost the popular vote. So he will do everything he can to divide the country. And GoebbelsFauxNews will be there for him, pumping out his propaganda.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-preventing-online-censorship/

Well, the Orange Fucker did it. That didn't take long, and I'm sure this knee jerk reaction will be uphely by the courts and have no unintended consequences.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...dia-1-distraction-2-legally-meaningless.shtml

To be clear: the executive order is nonsense. You can't overrule the law by executive order, nor can you ignore the Constitution. This executive order attempts to do both. It's also blatantly anti-free speech, anti-private property, pro-big government -- which is only mildly amusing, given that Trump and his sycophantic followers like to insist they're the opposite of all of those things. But also, because the executive order only has limited power, there's a lot of huffing and puffing in there for very little actual things that the administration can do. It's very much written in a way to make Trump's fans think he's done something to attack social media companies, but the deeper you dig, the more nothingness you find.

I know it's difficult for some people to understand, but I can be angry about more than one thing at a time.

He just about guaranteed more death. Let's not forget the onset to this was a murder to begin with. Pouring gas on fire will only draw this out. Twitter should out right ban him and his campaign. He'll have to lose to them in court and his supporters will drive Twitter stock to unknown highs posting like little lemmings.

Who wants to tell him that the National Guard was already activated and is on the scene? Also, he's threatened to deploy the military - which is unconstitutional. Finally, deploying the National Guard is a decision reserved for the governor, not the president.

Par for the course, I guess...

Twitter Fact Check: Actually the Secret Service thanked the D.C. Police for their help and assistance.