The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

We just had an election between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and you're telling me to trust people to be competent and informed? :lol:

I found a comment following a discussion on a Facebook post about the "violent" protesters in DC that read: "I literally voted for Trump because of these people!"

Sadly, it had a number of likes. This is what Trump voter is, in a nutshell.

Why are women marching? Supposedly it's for rights but, last I heard, trump said some things some people didn't like. Women aren't being locked up, they can still vote and whatnot. News pages aren't helping in my findings.

We just had an election between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and you're telling me to trust people to be competent and informed? :lol:

This guy has a point :(

- - - Updated - - -

Why are women marching? Supposedly it's for rights but, last I heard, trump said some things some people didn't like. Women aren't being locked up, they can still vote and whatnot. News pages aren't helping in my findings.

Because women love to complain :p

Maybe you should go read why those people are marching. It is a very diverse group and there are many reasons they are there. I will say that a lot of it has come from what he has said (Trump) in the past. It is not that simple though, but it was the starting point.

Also, a lot of those subway tickets were sold to those protesters. ;)

This is the most uneducated hot take I've ever seen. I attended the Women's March in our town yesterday and I can assure you people came out in numbers for a variety of issues that amount to a lot more than Trump saying something "they didn't like."

Those marching for rights are to defend those rights (or in certain cases, expand them).

All you Trump apologists like to say to wait for actions and judge on that, but the simple truth is that sometimes you have to judge on words, because waiting for action might be too late. If a big burly guy came up to you during your commute and said he'd pound you into the dirt tomorrow, you could wait until tomorrow to see if he does or take action beforehand (modifying tomorrow's commute, calling the police for a threat, etc).

Some of the people I met yesterday were there for exactly that. A party that has been pretty vocal about banning abortion holds Congress, Pence with his anti-gay actions in Indiana, etc etc has given enough reason to believe they're serious, so they're taking action now. We're not going to support him just because he's president and hope for the best; as others have covered, that's blind nationalism. If he or Congress does stupid shit, he needs to be called out, and we hear more about him doing stupid shit with Spicer and Conway then following up trying to establish the Ministry of Truth. If they're unwilling to stop that, then they need to be crushed.

A party that has been pretty vocal about banning abortion holds Congress,

You mean the party that wants the people to vote on whether they want abortion to be legal in their states? For the people to not be forced to pay for abortions against their will? Aren't you guys big on democracy, freedom, choice, voting, etc? Or is that just for causes/policies that you oppose?

Trump can't ban abortion. He could nominate a supreme court justice that is against abortion, but that also wouldn't be enough to ban abortion. It's possible Roe vs Wade could get overturned someday, but that also isn't enough to ban abortion. The idea that abortion rights are in danger from Trump is at best a gross exaggeration, if not a flat out lie.

Pence with his anti-gay actions in Indiana, etc etc

Are you talking about this: http://www.snopes.com/mike-pence-supported-gay-conversion-therapy/

A member of this very forum voted 3rd party simply because he thought his state was a shoe-in for Clinton, only to see it swing to Trump by a narrow margin.

It was me. It was a dumbass decision made due to immature idealism and based on polling and other data that didn't account for the hidden Midwest Trump voter who switched sides.

I'm considered mature for my age but this election taught me to grow up that much more - 3rd party leaning liberals and like myself should have gotten the piss slapped out of them and told "fuck your conscience" when it comes to something this fucking serious. Was Hillary a perfect canadate? No. But, for my belief and value system, she would have been a fuckton better than Trump.

In a perfect world you can try to vote 3rd party to make a change. But this election system isn't perfect, and this election was far too important to fuck around with. Liberal/Progressive 3rd partiers should have colesced around Hillary. Just like many conservatives swallowed their pride and voted for Trump. That's another reason why I think he had a advantage - people swallowed their pride and "stood by their man."

Instead, we argued over fucking insignificant shit (in the grand scheme of things) like "but...But...her emails..."

Look at that. Look at where that thing got us. Someone who is way more unethical than fucking emails. The DNC is fucking awful, backing a competent, slightly baggage filled, but uninspired canadate and did Bernie dirty but that's not so important now - we may be set back at least 4 years. If not longer.

If I voted Clinton I could at least say that I tried. I can't even do that and it sucks. It's embarrassing, I feel duped and it is my own damn fault.

It WONT happen again. Come the next election, I'm likely voting the way I should have.

The way that one opposed to a party should when their canadate is so dangerous. When nothing damning sticks to him. Someone who's delusional. Someone who's administration is shaping up to be even more antagonist to the press (no Donald, your inauguration numbers WERE fucking abysmal, stop fucking lying and screaming at the press for doing their job and telling the truth) than Obama. Someone who chooses (or has his team help choose) cabinet picks that appear either wholly incompetent or are highly questionable BEFORE they start their jobs.

I'm swallowing any fucking bullshit "pride" and voting straight Democratic ticket.

And you bet my ass I'll be doing the same come state election time.

While I hope Trump will do OK, I am not confident. At all.

That's the danger. People like you (or me) are supposed to feel bad about how we vote. The candidate I wanted was Bernie. He polled against the republicans better. Now, I don't except people to switch their votes based on polls. But at the very least, Obama...DNC...the establishment (superdelegates)...should not have put their thumbs on the scale.

It's not the voters fault....it's the fault of the Democratic Party plain and simple. They wanted their girl in and have wanted it since the 90s. Despite her HUGE negatives. Voters can be blamed or meant to feel guilty.

*edit
At the last moment I switched from Stein to Clinton (*shudder*) because polling in Florida flipped. That was the first and likely last time I will vote Democratic. Unless they actually run a true progressive. I should change my affiliation from independent to democratic though so at least I can have a say in the primary

*edit again

In other news. Trump and Spicer blatantly telling lies the day after assuming office. What a disgrace....and over what? Crowd size LMAO. As the conservative weekly standard pointed out....that's something tinpot authoritarian dictators worry about

Last edited:
All you Trump apologists like to say to wait for actions and judge on that, but the simple truth is that sometimes you have to judge on words, because waiting for action might be too late. If a big burly guy came up to you during your commute and said he'd pound you into the dirt tomorrow, you could wait until tomorrow to see if he does or take action beforehand (modifying tomorrow's commute, calling the police for a threat, etc).

Some of the people I met yesterday were there for exactly that. A party that has been pretty vocal about banning abortion holds Congress, Pence with his anti-gay actions in Indiana, etc etc has given enough reason to believe they're serious, so they're taking action now. We're not going to support him just because he's president and hope for the best; as others have covered, that's blind nationalism. If he or Congress does stupid shit, he needs to be called out, and we hear more about him doing stupid shit with Spicer and Conway then following up trying to establish the Ministry of Truth. If they're unwilling to stop that, then they need to be crushed.

The reason I will give Trump a chance is that for most of his life he was a centrist Democrat. Most people don't radically change their views after 60 years. That he began to flip to the Left after being elected on many views furthers that idea. I did not vote for him, nor would I vote for him again, but I will give him a chance.

You mean the party that wants the people to vote on whether they want abortion to be legal in their states?

And whose state counterparts then largely aim to make it difficult, either through directly enacting laws saying "no abortions" (fine, the people spoke) or the more underhanded laws like waiting periods, mandatory ultrasounds, specific and arbitrary conditions abortion providers must meet, with the aim of frustrating abortion seekers and abortion providers into giving up (not fine). Either man up and ban it explicitly with the support of the people or don't bother.

For the language I used in saying the party banning abortion, I defer to LeVeL when I asked him about "taxation is theft":

The stronger language tends to get more attention.

For the people to not be forced to pay for abortions against their will?

The people did speak at the federal level
; there's no federal requirement to use taxpayer dollars for abortion, so states that do either do so voluntarily (their people spoke) or are under court orders due to the state-level nonfunding not passing their own legal muster. (I provide this source because it gives the legal cases for all the court injunctions. Google them to get the actual rulings.)

Funny that your own source says this:

Although he didn't say so outright, the position has been widely interpreted as signaling Pence's support for "gay conversion" therapy, which seeks to "cure" patients of being attracted to members of the same sex.

But I'm rather talking about most of this.

Last edited:
Maybe you should go read why those people are marching.

I tried. After three websites basically re-iterating what this women in Hawaii heard Trump say and that "he basically said it's ok for women to be raped" I got annoyed and decided to go finish painting a room. It may be an uneducated question but, I've been trying to avoid as much of this dumpster fire for as long as possible and avoid my mind being swayed incorrectly because journalists can't analyze information they get because being first to the presses is more important than being correct.

You mean the party that wants the people to vote on whether they want abortion to be legal in their states? For the people to not be forced to pay for abortions against their will? Aren't you guys big on democracy, freedom, choice, voting, etc? Or is that just for causes/policies that you oppose?

Why should a politician ever decide whether someone can have an abortion? It should be entirely up to the individual. Not some religious, politician whackjob.

In other news. Trump and Spicer blatantly telling lies the day after assuming office. What a disgrace....and over what? Crowd size LMAO. As the conservative weekly standard pointed out....that's something tinpot authoritarian dictators worry about

151002105839-trevor-noah-donald-trump-president-large-169.jpg

Abortions are part of reproductive health, just because a person or company has some irrational stance against a particular healthcare procedure doesn't mean that they should be able to limit others' access to that procedure. Jehovah's Witnesses are opposed to blood transfusions, does that mean they can limit any of their employees by not paying for a lifesaving transfusion?

I should change my affiliation from independent to democratic though so at least I can have a say in the primary

If you'd rather remain an independent, check your state laws and see if you can and then just switch for primaries. I changed my registration to vote for Bernie, then changed it back afterward. That way I'm not counted as a Democrat for opinion polls (or receive mailers).

The reason I will give Trump a chance is that for most of his life he was a centrist Democrat. Most people don't radically change their views after 60 years. That he began to flip to the Left after being elected on many views furthers that idea. I did not vote for him, nor would I vote for him again, but I will give him a chance.

I wanted to give him a chance right after the election (even after pissing me off with a lot of what he said on the trail) because his victory speech was actually not bad, and gave me hope he'd be like other presidents and drop the heated campaign rhetoric. That went out the window pretty fast.

In my mind, when you become president it's

Day 1: Orientation
Day 2: HR meeting
Day 3: Here's the toppest secretist current stuff being done by the agencies
Day 4: Here's who really killed JFK
Day 5: Here's what happened at Roswell

I have a feeling the Trumpster gets told nothing exciting.

Pathetic, isn't it? Another mark for "Trump is a petulant child" and history has shown that petulant man children make for terrible world leaders.

Pathetic, isn't it? Another mark for "Trump is a petulant child" and history has shown that petulant man children make for terrible world leaders.

I think it deeply bothers him the Women's March probably got attendance rivaling his inauguration.