The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Well, aren't government jobs supposed to be equal opportunity? :D

This assumes that (any action) > (no action). To say "at least he is doing something" doesn't mean anything if the actions he is taking are counterproductive or harmful. This isn't modern performance art where you can assign whatever meaning to nonsense you want.

In case you can take several actions but don't know which one is the best, then yes generally speaking it is better to do something instead of nothing*. Only by doing something you can potentially learn from your mistakes (however, this requires self reflection and evaluating previous actions with as little bias as possible).

Clearly this does not apply to actions that are already known to have bad or undesired outcomes.

*This is something we usually do during projects, simply because we have time constraints and by not doing anything you are wasting time. Better to something (for instance when thinking it over doesn't bring you closer to a solution), realize that it was a bad idea and learn from your mistake. Of course the higher the stakes, you have to be more careful with this method. And if you plan the project properly, you should be able to avoid most of these "blind" decisions.

And he really has signed an executive order to build a wall on the Mexican border.

Donald, mate, election promises are just things you say to get elected. Nobody actually expects you to go through with them.

Seriously, I don't believe the JFK assassination was a CIA plot but if ever we needed the Security Services to step up it's right fucking now.

I just hope I get to enjoy at least one more Ringmeet before he lets off some nukes and we all go simultaneous as the world becomes uranious.

And he really has signed an executive order to build a wall on the Mexican border.

Donald, mate, election promises are just things you say to get elected. Nobody actually expects you to go through with them.

Seriously, I don't believe the JFK assassination was a CIA plot but if ever we needed the Security Services to step up it's right fucking now.

I just hope I get to enjoy at least one more Ringmeet before he lets off some nukes and we all go simultaneous as the world becomes uranious.

66% of U.S. Americans oppose the construction of a border wall with Mexico according to a 2016 Gallup poll.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/193817/republicans-favor-path-citizenship-wall.aspx

But then again, this administration uses alternative numbers and facts.

I would think the people who voted for him expected him to keep his promises.

As for the last two paragraphs, I presume you are not serious...

Looks like the gag order of the EPA isnt limited to social media. Now scientists will have their work reviwed by the administration before they can publish for peer review.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...se-by-case-review-by-trump-team-official-says

This means the only science coming out of our government agencies will be politically correct (in the original sense of the phrase). This just keeps getting more and more surreal.

Last edited:
I would think the people who voted for him expected him to keep his promises.

As for the last two paragraphs, I presume you are not serious...

I hope it transpires that I was serious about only one, and that I get to shake your hand at Ringmeet in 2021. Does that answer your question?

Looks like the gag order of the EPA isnt limited to social media. Now scientists will have their work reviwed by the administration before they can publish for peer review.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...se-by-case-review-by-trump-team-official-says

This means the only science coming out of our government agencies will be politically correct (in the original sense of the phrase). This just keeps getting more and more surreal.

And this means I'm a fan of the National Parks Twitter accounts defying any silencing. This idiot is going to cause far more damage than his supporters realize or care to acknowledge.

E: Though I must say, Putin must be enjoying how much insanity this is causing.

Last edited:

I have a feeling that will go up to SCOTUS and be ruled unconstitutional. At the very least this violates 1A

At the very least this violates 1A

I'm not convinced it does. An employer can force employees to not provide information about their job or the company to the press as a contingency of your employment, no?

- - - Updated - - -

A wall like he described in his campaign would be roughly triple the cost of the entire yearly budget of NASA.

A handy calculator: https://www.technologyreview.com/s/602494/bad-math-props-up-trumps-border-wall/

Last edited:
I just wonder how an administration with the fewest college degrees, headed by a guy with a 4th grade speaking level will review any research at all.

Do they even stock crayons at EPA's office supply?

I'm not convinced it does. An employer can force employees to not provide information about their job or the company to the press as a contingency of your employment, no?
Not without an NDA, and there is generally a difference between a private company that has to protect it's IP and the government that is supposed to fund science for the betterment of its constituents. Unless information is classified (and there are rules for what can and cannot be) it can be shared.

Like I said if this really goes I can see a whole bunch of law suits on this.

Does anyone doubt how dangerous our President is now?

Unless information is classified (and there are rules for what can and cannot be) it can be shared.

Well...not quite. All information that isn't classified is unclassified (or some degree thereof like Sensitive But Unclassified), but that's not to say it's open to release whenever, since it may present a security risk, or enough unclassified information aggregated together can become classified, or a small handful of other reasons. It's got to be looked at before it's released.

To give a specific example, the evacuation plan at my work is Unclassified since every employee needs to be able to see it in case of an emergency, but it is not for public release due to the security risk of some unhinged guy with a grudge using that information to figure out where a certain department evacuates to, then phoning in a fake bomb threat while waiting outside for them.

:roflmao: You honestly don't get it, do you? You actually think that limitless executive power is a great thing when it favors your opinions but horrific when it doesn't, don't you?

I wouldn't have interpreted it that way, but I see how it's convenient for your argument. Again, Obama rarely blindsided anyone with his EOs and would've been happy to have used fewer EOs if it wasn't for a Congress occupied primarily by fuck-tards and obstructionists like Mitch Fucking "I'm a turtle" McConnell John Boner-Jams.

That is exactly how I interpreted it - Congress should bend to the whim of the President or else the President should rule by executive edict... unless you disagree with that President, in which case OMFG CHECKS AND BALANSEZ y0!".

When Congress doesn't want to do anything except for throwing temper tantrums rather than do the job they were voted in for, yeah the President should tell them to fuck off from time to time.

Sorry, either you support the Prez having a lot of power or you don't, regardless of whether or not you agree with them. Anything else makes you a pathetic ignorant hypocrite.

Only in the alternate-right-winged universe would this be a black or white issue. I support the President having power to help address real issues, not the fake fear-mongering ones purported by Trump & Co.