The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

That is exactly how I interpreted it - Congress should bend to the whim of the President or else the President should rule by executive edict... unless you disagree with that President, in which case OMFG CHECKS AND BALANSEZ y0!".

Sorry, either you support the Prez having a lot of power or you don't, regardless of whether or not you agree with them. Anything else makes you a pathetic ignorant hypocrite.

It's almost like there are some powers that can be used for a (subjectively) good or bad thing and therefor you accept it exists. And you can agree with the use in one case but not in another... hmm. It does sound similar to guns, doesn't it?

Looks like the gag order of the EPA isnt limited to social media. Now scientists will have their work reviwed by the administration before they can publish for peer review.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...se-by-case-review-by-trump-team-official-says

This means the only science coming out of our government agencies will be politically correct (in the original sense of the phrase). This just keeps getting more and more surreal.

The Alt-right Trolls around Bannon that have complained for years that they are no longer allowed to speak their minds the way they want to - are now trying to suppress the very same freedom of speech for their perceived opponents that they themselves demanded ...

This is the sort of dissonance between what is said and what is done that reveals the true intent of what stood at the beginning - a campaign against all rivaling opinions that cynically declares itself a campaign for free speech.

The Alt-right Trolls around Bannon that have complained for years that they are no longer allowed to speak their minds the way they want to - are now trying to suppress the very same freedom of speech for their perceived opponents that they themselves demanded ...

This is the sort of dissonance between what is said and what is done that reveals the true intent of what stood at the beginning - a campaign against all rivaling opinions that cynically declares itself a campaign for free speech.

People believing the earth being flat and "intelligent design" (cos Jesus) reviewing work from people with PhD's.....

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:
I would think the people who voted for him expected him to keep his promises.

As for the last two paragraphs, I presume you are not serious...

People knew his agenda, people voted him into office, now enjoy the consequences. People need to learn that democracy is not a joke to "protest" the system but can seriously fuck them over. See: Brexit.

Also, Trumpy now wants to hire 5000 more border guards and create an agency to "protect victims of illegal victim crime". And Mexico is going mental against that wall, calling it a declaration of war. Fun fact: Last year 140.000 more people returned from US to Mexico than immigrated illegally into USA from Mexico, it's a complete lie that the immigration is on the rise.

I for one am not even worried about Trump any more, I just observe how he is very quickly running the US into the ground. You will end up with isolation and a crippled economy, while the rest of the world will probably be so pissed off that the world market shuts the US out.

Source? [...]

Without wanting to speak for D-Fence, he may be mistaken there. Two recent Trump-related events have gotten "Act of war" responses internationally - potentially moving the Us Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem and thinking about "doing something" about China in the chinese sea. With all that international 'Act of war' talk, maybe he mixed those up.
The point that Us foreign policy is behaving like the metaphorical elephant (bull in english?) in a china-shop (hoho!) currently, still stands though. Some talk about 'acts of war', others use other language, but they are not happy either.

The US is the market. Good luck with that.

What if it doesn't want to be anymore? Which is the direction Donald Trump is going to at the moment.

It's not as if there aren't any alternatives. Lots of fast developing countries in the world, especially in Asia and South America. After all, the USA only represent about 5% of the world's population -- with a falling tendency. At the moment the USA is still irreplacebale but if Trump sets a process in motion that leads to a new form of isolationism, it's only a question of time until America loses its significance.

Surely you don't expect other countries to go down with America, do you? A friendship only ever works if both sides do their part of keeping it alive. If the USA chooses to be alone, it will be.

Not happening tomorrow and not in the next 10 years but Trump is starting to make the roads now. And even if Trump doesn't get re-elected after 4 years, the damage will be done. Nobody can foresee the long-term implications from today.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have interpreted it that way, but I see how it's convenient for your argument. Again, Obama rarely blindsided anyone with his EOs and would've been happy to have used fewer EOs if it wasn't for a Congress occupied primarily by fuck-tards and obstructionists like Mitch Fucking "I'm a turtle" McConnell John Boner-Jams.

But Lev's point (and one I agree with) is that EOs in themselves are a problem. They are very difficult to override and have too much power on their own.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/dona...is-abc-interview-by-talking-about-crowd-size/

He still can't drop the crowd sizes. In his ABC interview with David Muir they walked the halls and looked at some of the photos on the wall (video in link)

The first two photos Trump showed were of his first dance with First Lady Melania Trump and of the swearing in. Then, he pointed to a different photo and said, ?Here?s a picture of the event. Here?s a picture of the crowd. Now, the audience was the biggest ever, but this crowd was massive. Look how far back it goes. This crowd was massive. And I would actually take that camera and take your time if you want to know the truth.?

Trump and Muir then discussed the ?warmth? between the new and former President, Barack Obama, and the fact that Ivanka Trump may at some point get an office in the White House. At the conclusion of the interview, Muir said ?Just before we leave, the President wants to show us just one more image.?

The President pointed Muir to a different photo of the Inauguration ceremony. He pointed to the crowds and said, ?One thing this shows is how far over they go here. Look, look how far this is? Nobody sees that. You don?t see that in the pictures. But when you look at this tremendous sea of love?it?s really something special that all these people traveled here from all parts of the country, maybe the world?they loved what I had to say, but more importantly, they?re gonna love the result.?

What if it doesn't want to be anymore? Which is the direction Donald Trump is going to at the moment.

It's not as if there aren't any alternatives. Lots of fast developing countries in the world, especially in Asia and South America. After all, the USA only represent about 5% of the world's population -- with a falling tendency. At the moment the USA is still irreplacebale but if Trump sets a process in motion that leads to a new form of isolationism, it's only a question of time until America loses its significance.

Surely you don't expect other countries to go down with America, do you? A friendship only ever works if both sides do their part of keeping it alive. If the USA chooses to be alone, it will be.

Not happening tomorrow and not in the next 10 years but Trump is starting to make the roads now. And even if Trump doesn't get re-elected after 4 years, the damage will be done. Nobody can foresee the long-term implications from today.

Ummm no...
NATO - US is basically the defense program for all NATO countries, how well do you think european economies are going to do when their defense spending triples?
IT/high tech - quite a bit of high tech sector is US based no Apple or Google in Germany ;)

Back on topic, an interesting theory was posited by a couple of senior people at work, Trump is using these EOs as a way to distract from something OR to get something from Congress.

IT/high tech - quite a bit of high tech sector is US based no Apple or Google in Germany ;)

But if the trend to gag scientists from doing/publishing research continues, there might be a shift in where technology starts being developed (but as MacGuffin said, it won't be soon).

At least we will have a lot of coal though...

Without wanting to speak for D-Fence, he may be mistaken there. Two recent Trump-related events have gotten "Act of war" responses internationally - potentially moving the Us Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem

From what I've read, this is less if an issue than clickbait article headlines would lead one to believe.

But if the trend to gag scientists from doing/publishing research continues, there might be a shift in where technology starts being developed (but as MacGuffin said, it won't be soon).

At least we will have a lot of coal though...

That only applies to government research, Apple, Google, Tesla, SpaceX, etc... would not be affected in the least. Most RnD is done in Israel anyway, US laws wouldn't apply and even the isolationist Trump fully supports Israel.

Also without US weight in NATO the European geopolitical map is going to be quite different between Chinese and Russian interests.

Guys, guys, I think I figured out Trump's problem - he can't distinguish between objectively provable fact and subjective opinion, that's his only problem.

Now, how to solve that problem is a whole different story... :?

Guys, guys, I think I figured out Trump's problem - he can't distinguish between objectively provable fact and subjective opinion, that's his only problem.

Now, how to solve that problem is a whole different story... :?

No, no, no there are facts and then there are alternative facts

That only applies to government research, Apple, Google, Tesla, SpaceX, etc... would not be affected in the least. Most RnD is done in Israel anyway, US laws wouldn't apply and even the isolationist Trump fully supports Israel.

But companies like Apple, Google, Tesla, etc. employ engineers and scientists from universities.

No, no, no there are facts and then there are alternative facts

Yeah, but up until now everybody equated alternative facts with lies while it should read opinions. The problem is that his opinions are so cemented that he sees them as alternative facts.

But Lev's point (and one I agree with) is that EOs in themselves are a problem. They are very difficult to override and have too much power on their own.

The point both of you are missing are the need for EOs in light of a Congress that is outright obstructionist. It would be one thing if the president bypasses the Congress and signs surprise EOs (Trump) but it's quite another when everyone is made aware of the President's desired plans, hopes Congress can carry out those plans but is forced to carry them out himself because the GOP is too obsessed with partisan politics than the good of the people.

I blame the assholes Mitch McConnell, Boehner, and Paul Ryan for Obama's EOs, not Obama. Besides he made signed fewer EOs than both Bush and Clinton. Hating Obama because of his EOs is another veil for racism, plain and simple.

But companies like Apple, Google, Tesla, etc. employ engineers and scientists from universities.

Umm.. In the sense that those people have gone to universities, yes. But they are not still in a university. Also if I'm reading this correctly (and I might not be) this only applies to actual government agencies.