The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Well, usually there is some sort of compromise, but it seems the Trump administration doesn't do compromises at all, that's what's different (and alarming)...

I don't think the American people will endure the whole four years of his presidency. There will be either a world war, a revolution or an assassination, I refuse to believe more than half the population can be held down for so long when the Internet is around and people know how to use it...

Well, usually there is some sort of compromise, but it seems the Trump administration doesn't do compromises at all, that's what's different (and alarming)...

I don't think the American people will endure the whole four years of his presidency. There will be either a world war, a revolution or an assassination, I refuse to believe more than half the population can be held down for so long when the Internet is around and people know how to use it...

Some interesting developments are starting to bubble up that make me think the odds of an impeachment are increasing. Obviously, such a removal of Trump would be preferable to violence or martyrizing him with an assassination.

Well, only 20% of the country did so all is not lost

Yep. Minority rule, we do it because it's "fair" and it's what the founding fathers "wanted."

This is outrageous now!

Refugees detained at U.S. airports after executive order on Muslim ban

First, he signed the order on Holocaust Remembrance Day. It is worth noting that the U.S. denied entry to Jewish refugees in WW2.

Second,
"These are people with valid visas and legitimate refugee claims who have already been determined by the State Department and the Department of Homeland Security to be admissible and to be allowed to enter the U.S. and now are being unlawfully detained."

Third, Trump says from now on we will privilege Christian refugees, who had been "treated very unfairly." The facts prove otherwise:
The United States accepts tens of thousands of Christian refugees. According to the Pew Research Center, almost as many Christian refugees (37,521) were admitted as Muslim refugees (38,901) in the 2016 fiscal year.

And lastly, the executive order bans people from seven predominantly Muslim countries. However, it does not extend to Saudi Arabia.

15 of the 19 hijackers in 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia. The others were from the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Lebanon. Again, no ban on those countries.

Edit: Homeland Security confirms permanent residents will be included in temporary ban amid widespread condemnation.

Last edited:
Let me know if I understand correctly.

Two of the refugees blocked at the airport were interpreters for the US army during the Iraqi war, risked their lives to save US soldiers, and they are denied access to the US now?

Either the US are a disgusting place (betray those who helped you is one of the most evil actions you can do), or this Trump administration doesn't have the first idea of the consequences of their actions.

those are not mutually exclusive, you know?

Permanent residents are also a part of the ban.

Two of the refugees blocked at the airport were interpreters for the US army during the Iraqi war, risked their lives to save US soldiers, and they are denied access to the US now?

Either the US are a disgusting place (betray those who helped you is one of the most evil actions you can do), or this Trump administration doesn't have the first idea of the consequences of their actions.
A little of both honestly. Nothing surprises me anymore.

A little of both honestly. Nothing surprises me anymore.

More of the latter. This is government by rank amateurs. I'm somewhat hopeful this puts to bed the idea that a "great businessman" can be a great president, but Trump's not even a good businessman so I think former supporters would just turn on him than admit the boardroom doesn't translate to the White House.

Both. It's both.
I'm glad I'm not currently serving.

How long until Muslims are rounded up just like the Japanese were in WW2?

16266103_10208024527906648_6249267954611167708_n.jpg

18-month-old U.S. born child detained because his parents are visa holders.

People are protesting at JFK Airport until the detainees are released. To ban permanent residents from entering the U.S. based on the whim of a petulant man-child is outrageous. But to ban people from entering based on their national origin is outright illegal, as established by the 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act (which is still the basis for current immigration law).

Last edited:
Holy fuck, even Cheney is against I the ban.