The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Well, I mean...they were just requests, right? There's someone to tell him, "no", right?

He's TREASURY Secretary, FFS.

I still like the eclipse flight thing, better. "Oh, no...I wasn't flying to see the eclipse. I had to go check on the gold...you know...the thing that no treasury secretary has found the need to do for decades? Yeah, that's what I had to do."

I have to give credit to his speechwriters. With the exception of the inclusion of "losers" and "Rocket Man" into the speech, I think it was very well written for what they were trying to accomplish. I just hate the way he talks and the way he annunciated things.

Remember when CNN mocked Trump for talking about wiretaps but it turned out he was right? I 'member.

"Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!
Is it legal for a sitting President to be 'wire tapping' a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!"

...is a bit different than...

"The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court had OK'd two separate wiretaps on Manafort -- one in 2014 tied to Manafort's work in Ukraine and and a second focused on Russian involvement in the election."

So again, we have to dissect his words to see what he supposedly really meant. By "my wires", he didn't mean his own phones, but a phone in his building, owned by someone else. "Wire tapping a race", which everyone else would reasonably assume they are trying to be sneaky and intercept some info about their campaign to win, but he really meant the investigation of someone else, going back to even 2014, a year before Trump announced his candidacy, and then again investigating a foreign country's possible involvement in the election.

It's like him saying, "Jimmy Carter killed people!", and American is supposed to be privy to the internal monologue that lead up to the comment, which was just about Jimmy Carter being a peanut farmer, and people dying from peanut allergies.

Manafort had an office in Trump Tower, iirc - so yes, Trump Tower was bugged.

In the news I've read on this, there hasn't been any indication that the wiretaps were on Trump Tower landlines.

I have my reservations that it was just the red hat. If the video description was correct and she went over to them after seeing the hat, why then did she have her jacket draped on the back of the chair as if they'd been there a while? Methinks it was something they said, instead. Which would upgrade this incident from involving one idiot to one and a quarter.

I doubt we'll get an update. Still, it's illuminating to see the kind of sites you browse.

None of us are required to comment on anything. :)

Especially recently for me since I've been too busy at work and others make similar comments to what I'd have made.

Still, it's illuminating to see the kind of sites you browse.

Agreed, if I looked at videos of disputes occurring at bars and judged every single person involved, I would be a miserable human being. Plus the notion that "snow flakes" only come from one side of the political spectrum is telling, I recall many a conservative getting triggered in the Bush-Jr. Era whenever someone said the Iraq war was stupid.

Lighten up, Francis. It's an amusing story, don't let it trigger you.

I agree it's amusing, just like all other silly disputes I've seen at bars. ;)

You've already browsed that site more than I have.

Pay attention to what you say: this sentence, as it stands, means you've never checked the integrity of the source of what you posted, like you just fell for the first things which supported your pre-definded ideas...