The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Wrong. They are not your gladiators, and there is nothing in their employment contracts that constrains them to just entertaining us.
Umm... yes they literally are. They very specifically get paid in order to get hurt and hurt for our entertainment. Their opinion matters no more or less than yours or mine and they can express it at the polls. I don't watch sports or care either way but many people do and many of them simply don't want to see politics in their entertainment but just want to relax, this is the main reason NFL is getting all this flack.

Umm... yes they literally are. They very specifically get paid in order to get hurt and hurt for our entertainment. Their opinion matters no more or less than yours or mine and they can express it at the polls. I don't watch sports or care either way but many people do and many of them simply don't want to see politics in their entertainment but just want to relax, this is the main reason NFL is getting all this flack.

Read the sentence again, please. Yes, they are paid to play football, but that doesn't forbid them from doing other things, such as expressing an opinion. Their opinion doesn't matter more or less than ours, they just have an outlet that is not available to you or me. Nothing forbids them from using it.

And that was actually confirmed by Trump's statement - he asked "Wouldn't you love to see...?" He suggested a change of their contracts to forbid them from protesting, but as it is, they are within their rights. They still fulfill the duties of their job, they are just doing something extra.

Read the sentence again, please. Yes, they are paid to play football, but that doesn't forbid them from doing other things, such as expressing an opinion. Their opinion doesn't matter more or less than ours, they just have an outlet that is not available to you or me. Nothing forbids them from using it.

And that was actually confirmed by Trump's statement - he asked "Wouldn't you love to see...?" He suggested a change of their contracts to forbid them from protesting, but as it is, they are within their rights. They still fulfill the duties of their job, they are just doing something extra.

No one is arguing that they have the right to do w/e as long as it is legal, however they don't have the right to do it on company time aka during a football game, if the league allows them to do it fine but there is no assault on free speech for the league to tell them to STFU.

At the same time all the customers (viewers) have the right to not want to see/hear any of this and turn away from the business.

This is not to say that the players are right or wrong.

No one is arguing that they have the right to do w/e as long as it is legal, however they don't have the right to do it on company time aka during a football game, if the league allows them to do it fine but there is no assault on free speech for the league to tell them to STFU.

At the same time all the customers (viewers) have the right to not want to see/hear any of this and turn away from the business.

This is not to say that the players are right or wrong.

Sure. It will not be an assault on free speech if the league changed their contracts to forbid them protesting. But an employee can protest changes to their contract. For example, if your employer proposes to cut your pay in half, you would protest and threaten to quit.

Also, the consumer (viewer) has a right to not want to see or hear any of this, and that consumer has control over that - I can change the channel, and flip back when the actual game starts. If what you are saying is true, then it is a two-way street - I have a right to not want to see people celebrating the military at a football game, and similarly - I can change the channel. No one forces you to watch.

Cliffs: NFL ratings are falling because a bunch of rich dudes that get paid to entertain us are throwing a tantrum and disrespecting the flag, the country, and the armed forces and fans don't like it.

Where was the hate when he stayed on the bench during the anthem? For the record, there is no rule or law that requires you to stand and salute the flag during the anthem. The anthem is also not required to be played at any sporting events.

Yeah and that's exactly what's happening - these entertainers are pissing people off and a) people are petitioning the masters of these gladiators to get control of them, and b) people are changing the channel and not buying tickets to see them play hand sausage. Nothing is stopping them from expressing their unsolicited opinions other than what I just described. In the end a lot of people want these dudes to run after a ball and hit each other, not express their g-ddamn political opinions.

The "masters"? What the hell is wrong with you?

He is Colin Kaepernick.

Yeah and that's exactly what's happening - these entertainers are pissing people off and a) people are petitioning the masters of these gladiators to get control of them, and b) people are changing the channel and not buying tickets to see them play hand sausage. Nothing is stopping them from expressing their unsolicited opinions other than what I just described. In the end a lot of people want these dudes to run after a ball and hit each other, not express their g-ddamn political opinions.

I can respect that, in the same way that I want a dude to run a country and not express unsolicited opinions about how football games should be run. And I'm not the only one who thinks that:
Donald J. Trump, 6:09 AM - 8 Oct 2013

President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them,not nonsense

https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=387565483303923712

Nothing is stopping him, but that's not what people elected him to do.

I can respect that, in the same way that I want a dude to run a country and not express unsolicited opinions about how football games should be run. And I'm not the only one who thinks that:

Nothing is stopping him, but that's not what people elected him to do.

Well if you want to make the argument that Trump is a shitty POTUS with no understanding what being one actually entails and general lack of decorum you are not going to find me opposing you...

Cliffs: NFL ratings are falling because a bunch of rich dudes that get paid to entertain us are throwing a tantrum and disrespecting the flag, the country, and the armed forces and fans don't like it.

a) They were falling before one person did it.
b) The "rich dudes" are not doing it for themselves, they are using their platform to give a voice to those who feel they don't have it.
c) If you've actually read of listened to any interview of those who have participated in it, it's BECAUSE they have respect and love for their country, that they want it to be the best it can be, and calling out what they feel are injustices, tarnishing her glory.

Two great quotes I read over the last couple days:

"People who think these athletes are protesting the flag must think Rose Parks was protesting against buses."

"Since when did our sporting events turn into a required spectacle of nationalism and love for the military and police? Especially when it's two American teams playing against each other."

Last edited:
I want you to verify those facts.

I want you to verify those facts.
62% of Black victims of violent crime are attacked by other blacks..
main-qimg-123ffad49c9974e76f6120acb69c6a66-c

A higher percentage of whites is killed by cops than blacks:
main-qimg-20d84615960de69e02d2791ba5e16c58

Source: https://www.quora.com/Do-African-Americans-commit-50-of-violent-crime-in-America

Here is an FBI chart for ya, 54% of murder and non-negligent manslaughter was committed by black people.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43#disablemobile

Last edited:
What are they protesting, police officers shooting thugs?

Yep. Like unarmed people running away. Definitely deserved being shot in the back to death. And, yes. He plead guilty. Doesn't make it not happen.

Look, I have zero doubt in the crime statistics posted.

Some of those police instances where surely the catalyst for many to lace up their walking/marching shoes. And just like any large movement, you have some people who are using one thing as their cause, and some have others, but all tangentially-related and march together. For most, it's more of a scaled-back, less militant version of the less extremist views of the beginnings of the Black Lives Matter movement (I realize how long of a road that was to get to the end of that sentence). Yes, there are shitheads in that movement...but there are also people with genuine grievances in many aspects of black life in america (and can do so without looting or throwing bottles full of concrete), everything from how the public education system is managed, all the way down to the casual racism of me getting ignored in a store, but my black co-worker being greeted by basically every single employee in a store, and being not-very-discreetly followed until we left. In fact, it was so hilariously obvious, that we both took notice that while they were watching him, I could have robbed the store blind and they never would have noticed.

- - - Updated - - -

A higher percentage of whites is killed by cops than blacks:

Am I missing something? That data looks like the opposite of what you are saying. Blacks are 13.2% of the population, and 28% of those killed by police. Meaning a disproportionate amount higher, while whites make up 62.2% but make up only 50.9% of those killed by police...disproportionately lower. If you only have two men, one black and one white both representing the whole of their race, the black man is more than twice as likely to be killed by police.

Last edited:
Yep. Like unarmed people running away. Definitely deserved being shot in the back to death.

Look, I have zero doubt in the crime statistics posted.

Some of those police instances where surely the catalyst for many to lace up their walking/marching shoes. And just like any large movement, you have some people who are using one thing as their cause, and some have others, but all tangentially-related and march together. For most, it's more of a scaled-back, less militant version of the less extremist views of the beginnings of the Black Lives Matter movement. Yes, there are shitheads in that movement...but there are also people with genuine grievances in many aspects of black life in america (and can do so without looting or throwing bottles full of concrete), everything from how the public education system is managed, all the way down to the casual racism of me getting ignored in a store, but my black co-worker being greeted by basically every single employee in a store, and being not-very-discreetly followed until we left. In fact, it was so hilariously obvious, that we both took notice that while they were watching him, I could have robbed the store blind and they never would have noticed.
Each instance of police brutality or unjustified killing should be investigated and the office prosecuted, but that's hardly an indication of racial bias in LEO.

Am I missing something? That data looks like the opposite of what you are saying. Blacks are 13.2% of the population, and 28% of those killed by police. Meaning a disproportionate amount higher, while whites make up 62.2% but make up only 50.9% of those killed by police...disproportionately lower.

Yes you are missing a disproportionally higher crime rate when adjusted to population, most significantly fatal violent crime. Also we are talking about likelihood of a fatal shooting by police, that likelihood is calculated out of total population not by percentage, so being white makes you twice as likely to get shot by cops, perhaps they don't much like white people?

Did you know that Irish used to be treated much like black people are now? In fact they were called white you know whats, so the Irish community leaders made a concerted effort to change public perception of the Irish and started pushing through Irish friendly politicians. They weren't crying about racism and disenfranchisement, so where are all the black leaders?

Last edited:
62% of Black victims of violent crime are attacked by other blacks..
main-qimg-123ffad49c9974e76f6120acb69c6a66-c

I mean...aren't you more likely to commit crime against people you are around the most? For whites, blacks, and Hispanic, the most common perpetrator of the crime is their own race.

Yes you are missing a disproportionally higher crime rate when adjusted to population, most significantly fatal violent crime.

...which isn't reflected in that data at all, and still makes the data say the opposite of what you said it was to represent.
A higher percentage of whites is killed by cops than blacks

Although...not I'm not sure if you mean by the structure of the sentence. Whites vs blacks or cops vs blacks. Are you saying that white people more likely killed by cops than black people are, or are you saying that whites are more likely killed by copy than they are killed by blacks?

Last edited:
...which isn't reflected in that data at all, and still makes the data say the opposite of what you said it was to represent.
There is a link to FBI stats that has all that data check my edits.

Although...not I'm not sure if you mean by the structure of the sentence. Whites vs blacks or cops vs blacks. Are you saying that white people more likely killed by cops than black people are, or are you saying that whites are more likely killed by copy than they are killed by blacks?
Being white makes you more likely to get shot by the cops than being black

As my grandfather used to say, I want a new car and a color television!

Do you seriously not know these things? How can you even participate in these discussions when you clearly haven't done ANY research on the topic?

Actually, it's the democrats that keep defending the fact that more whites get arrested than blacks by saying that there are more whites than blacks in the US.

Here, I made it really fucking simple for you (I hope you can do math):

Untitled.jpg

In before you fail to address the statistics and focus on being butthurt by my language.

Arrests are not equal to crimes committed, which is what you said.

It is a verifiable fact that blacks commit more crimes (in proportion to population) than any other race.

Police do not investigate a lot of crimes that are related to white collar crime, and those crimes are committed far more often by white people. The last study that I read on the issue (can't recall at the moment, see Wiki for more on the debates) said until poverty is thrown in the mix, people commit crimes at the same rates. The interesting part is that white collar crimes often go unpunished, where petty and violent crimes do not.

Last edited: