The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

[...] Also, can someone tell me wtf "queer" means?
wikipedia said:
Queer is an umbrella term for sexual and gender minorities who are not heterosexual [...] Originally meaning "strange" or "peculiar", queer came to be used pejoratively against those with same-sex desires or relationships in the late 19th century. Beginning in the late 1980s, queer scholars and activists began to reclaim the word to establish community and assert an identity distinct from the gay identity.[...]
urbandictonary said:
queer: Originally pejorative for gay, now being reclaimed by some gay men, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered persons as a self-affirming umbrella term.

LeVeL said:
[...]I can never figure out why trans gets lumped in with LGB - you like other men so you have to support men in skirts by definition? /offtopic

These may be separate groups, but they have common goals and thus support each other. And no, gays aren't obliged to support Trans people or vice versa - and there are those that don't. But the struggle they share in a mostly heterosexual society is sort of a bonding factor and they group up to support each other. And like I said - not all - but most I think.

LeVeL said:
[...]Short or bribing SCOTUS to overturn gay marriage, idk what Trump can do to against the gays.
Kicking transgender people out of the military has been seen as something against the LGBTQ community.

Last edited:
I think queer is supposed to be anyone who doesn't fall into the LGBT umbrella, so all the polyintersexuals and females trapped in a male mind with a female soul

See also: anyone who adds 'IA+' to that.

As for trump's speaking engagement, i think SirEdward takes it on this one. Donald will go where the benefit is. Is there something inherently wrong with that? No, not unless you're looked upon as the person who is supposed to represent your country and its interests. Or if you work in charity or law enforcement.

Trump calls governor of the Virgin Islands 'President'

President Trump mistakenly referred to the governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands as its "president" during a speech Friday.

Trump was addressing a gathering of religious conservatives in Washington, D.C., when he turned to tout the federal response to several U.S. states and territories hit by hurricanes in recent months.

"And I will tell you, I left Texas, and I left Florida, and I left Louisiana and I went to Puerto Rico, and I met with the president of the Virgin Islands," Trump told those gathered for the Values Voter Summit.

"These are people that are incredible people. They've suffered gravely, and we'll be there. We're going to be there," he added.

Trump was apparently referring to Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp when he mentioned the "president" of the U.S. territory, who is Trump himself.

The White House later released an official transcript of the speech, striking out Trump's reference to the Virgin Islands' "president" and noting he was referring to its "governor."

The guy doesn't even know all the territories and people he is a president of! A couple of weeks ago, I suspected that he didn't really realize that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory, but I didn't say anything. Now, I'm getting a feeling my suspicion was accurate.

Well, clearly the President of the Virgin Islands is a Fucking Moron?.

Well... It's been nice having healthcare...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41607747

US President Donald Trump will end subsidies to health insurance providers designed to help low income households, as he continues his attempts to dismantle Obamacare.

The White House announced the move hours after Mr Trump signed an executive order allowing the sale of health insurance plans which are exempt from some of the law's regulations.

The guy doesn't even know all the territories and people he is a president of! A couple of weeks ago, I suspected that he didn't really realize that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory, but I didn't say anything. Now, I'm getting a feeling my suspicion was accurate.

He also thinks it is in the "middle" of a "big big ocean". The Atlantic Ocean doesn't even start until a couple hundred miles to it's east. Parts of continental US even extend slightly more east than parts of Puerto Rico.

One with a small brain and hands?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rm-insurance-stocks-company-a8000371.html?amp

Trump boasts about plunging stock prices after his healthcare announcement. What president is proud of taking heathcare and SNAP away from the poor and sending the market into chaos?

I heard some liberals on a podcast complain about bernie?s plan and how all these people that work for insurance companies will lose their jobs. Also on twitter liberals complaining about what you just said. It just makes what trump said about dems being in bed with health insurance companies all the more true

You are aware that the ACA was originally a GOP plan, right?

You are aware that the ACA was originally a GOP plan, right?

A bit of an overstatement. The ACA used bits and pieces from failed GOP plans of the past, while incorporating new ideas, which also clearly failed.

It hasn't "clearly failed" and the entire premise of the ACA is lifted straight from the GOP. Now the GOP and the Cheeto-In-Chief are throwing rocks at it for being a bad idea, when they were the ones who came up with it and the ones who refused to play ball with the Democrats.