The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Is it really bigger though? I think he is just overcompensating again.

I would not normally defend Trump, and this whole thing reeks of comparing dick sizes, but if we take his remark figuratively, of course, his button launches a much huger arsenal than Kim's.

I know but, can act a bit more professional about the situation? Like, don’t feed into Kim’s taunts? We’ll act when we see something happening. This “my arsenal is bigger than yours” crap is childish.

93Flareside;n3543516 said:
I know but, can act a bit more professional about the situation? Like, don’t feed into Kim’s taunts? We’ll act when we see something happening. This “my arsenal is bigger than yours” crap is childish.

Trump, childish? Noooooooooooooo.

93Flareside;n3543516 said:

What in Trumps entire campaign, administration, or even his business dealings would make you think that is likely? He is impulsive, unpredictable, and reckless; he was this way on the campaign trail and his base loved him for it because he upset the "libtards".

Last edited:
Shots fired.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ng-white-house

I've never seen an administration or political party eat itself before, this should be interesting.

EDIT: Two more sources in case someone doesn't like Bloomberg.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/u...mp-bannon.html

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...was-treasonous

EDIT #2:

Looks like Manafort is trying to sue the DOJ for investigating the administration:
http://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/367283-manafort-sues-mueller-justice-department

President Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, has filed a lawsuit challenging the authority of special counsel Robert Mueller.

In a court filing, lawyers for Manafort argue that the order establishing Mueller's investigation is overly broad and not permitted under Justice Department regulations.

“The investigation of Mr. Manafort is completely unmoored from the Special Counsel’s original jurisdiction to investigate ‘any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump,’ ” the complaint reads.

“It has instead focused on unrelated, decade-old business dealings—specifically, Ukraine political campaign consulting activities of Mr. Manafort.”

The lawsuit was filed against Mueller, the Justice Department and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who gave the order that launched the special counsel investigation.

Manafort pleaded not guilty to multiple counts in October, including conspiracy against the United States and money laundering related to his work for a pro-Russia political party in Ukraine.

A spokesperson for the Justice Department fired back at the suit.

"The lawsuit is frivolous but the defendant is entitled to file whatever he wants."

I find it funny when lawyers get snarky.

Last edited:
Damn, today is the day that keeps on giving.

Trump dissolves his voter fraud council after too many states tell him to pound sand. I think we can add that to the "presidential failure" list we had earlier.

MSNBC is reporting that the White House is in "total meltdown" today. I'm not sure which "bombshell" it was that did it, the "I have a bigger dick button" thing, the Steve Bannon thing, the Orrin Hatch resigning after Trump asked him not to, the confirmation of a new Democratic Senator that shrinks the GOP's majority to a single seat, or Michael Wolff's book. It's so hard to keep track.

Last edited:
Blind_Io;n3543554 said:
MSNBC is reporting that the White House is in "total meltdown" today. I'm not sure which "bombshell" it was that did it, the "I have a bigger dick button" thing, the Steve Bannon thing, the Orrin Hatch resigning after Trump asked him not to, the confirmation of a new Democratic Senator that shrinks the GOP's majority to a single seat, or Michael Wolff's book. It's so hard to keep track.

Speaking of which...

Donald Trump Didn't Want to Be President

I can't wait to see the tweet for that one.

"Most people didn't want me to be POTUS and I agreed with them. I was right all along, it is the swamp's flawed election system that is wrong. Now they turn on me for doing what they asked. SAD!"

Last edited:
They are still in shock trying to reconcile the facts that the Trump people may have meet with Russians.

Blind_Io;n3543594 said:
EDIT: I also notice a sudden lack of Trump defenders in this thread over the last 48 hours. I was really curious to see the spin for the last couple days.

I get my spin straight from the tap now, so I don't check here much anymore for that. Given the weather, I'm assuming the usual suspects are dealing with something inconveniently frozen.

Inb4 Level saying Trump is actually incompetent and it's better that way cos it means less government interference.

Trump should tweet that he's Making America Read Again. So good at "The Art of the Deal" that the book he tried to quash went on sale early and sold out in 20 minutes. It is also sold out at Barns & Noble and Amazon.com

Do you want fascism? Because this is how you get fascism.

Two Republican senators have recommended that the FBI pursue a criminal investigation against Christopher Steele — the author of the disputed Trump-Russia dossier — for what they described as evidence that he made false statements to federal investigators.

"I don’t take lightly making a referral for criminal investigation. But, as I would with any credible evidence of a crime unearthed in the course of our investigations, I feel obliged to pass that information along to the Justice Department for appropriate review,” Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley said in a joint statement with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.).

The senators did not provide public evidence to substantiate their request, but they noted they sent a "classified memorandum" to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray containing the basis of their request.

The request does not assess the validity of the Steele dossier, nor does it constitute a criminal allegation.
"The referral is for further investigation only," according to the statement.

Even so, Democrats quickly responded in anger.

"I wasn’t consulted about this referral nor were any of my Democratic colleagues," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the top Democrat on Grassley's committee. "I think this referral is unfortunate as it’s clearly another effort to deflect attention from what should be the committee’s top priority: determining whether there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the election and whether there was subsequent obstruction of justice."

One congressional aide, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the decision by Grassley and Graham to refer Steele to the Justice Department raises an obvious anomaly.

"They are referring to DOJ a criminal prosecution based on documents DOJ gave them and based on witness testimony to the DOJ," the aide said.

Steele, a former British intelligence officer, was commissioned in 2016 by research firm Fusion GPS to investigate President Donald Trump's ties to Russia. The dossier he produced, which Trump has derided as fiction, describes years of illicit connections between Trump, his business and the Kremlin.

Republicans have persistently questioned how the FBI handled the dossier after receiving it during the 2016 campaign, including whether it formed the basis of a surveillance warrant against a Trump campaign associate and whether the FBI independently verified any of Steele's information.

Republicans have also sounded the alarm over reports that Fusion was paid by the Clinton campaign for Steele's research, suggesting that Steele's work was the product of a partisan smear effort.

The two senators claim in their letter to have seen evidence of "potential violations" by Steele of a law prohibiting false statements to government officials. These potential violations, they say, occurred "regarding his distribution of information contained in the dossier."

Their letter was copied to Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, as well as Sens. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and Mark Warner (D-Va.), the top lawmakers on the Senate Intelligence Committee, and Reps. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) and Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the top lawmakers on the House Intelligence committee.

Considering parts of the dossier have been verified and it was used as evidence to support a FISA warrant, this is an attack on the very foundation of the investigation against Trump and his campaign.