The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

I can't help but notice that most (all) secure areas have walls. Apparently physical barriers do work.

The dishonest (imo) argument that because physical barriers aren't completely infallible, that means they are unnecessary and pointless, is not something I accept.

As for being poor neighbors, oh well. I've lived my entire life within half a tank driving distance of the US-Mexico border. Mexico has a lot of problems and they unquestionably bleed over into our country. I don't think putting up a fence makes us the bad neighbors in this situation.

LeVeL;n3555431 said:
My only explanation is Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Honest question: why are these buzzwords and mantras always so bad?

TC;n3555445 said:
The dishonest (imo) argument that because physical barriers aren't completely infallible, that means they are unnecessary and pointless, is not something I accept.
I find it funny that whenever gun control comes up and we point out that measures that are being proposed are not likely to work, we get accused of not caring about human lives and that even if 1 life is saved its worth it. And yet on subject of the border wall the other side is always saying "well it won't stop a 100% then why bother?" I'm good with meeting in the middle on this one. If it doesn't work 100% we don't bother trying. So repeal all gun control laws, all speeding laws, all regulations, etc...

The pro gun side won't even support real background checks(the republicans also work to keep funding for the actual checks as low as possible), and that could help. Start fining and, or arresting people that should not be buying guns when they do attempt to do so.

This wall did not work and there was a decent chance you could get killed trying to get near it.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/forums.finalgear.com\/image\/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP\/\/\/wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw=="}[/IMG2]​

So much has happened in the last few weeks. The shutdown is the biggest thing, and is now the longest in US history.

I did not make that connection... TRUMP!!! :p

Remember when Trump said Mexico would pay for that wall?

They supported a partial barrier, not a 1600 mile long one.

Anyway,

Trump team's collusion denials:
1) No contact
3) Contacts not *planned*
4) Okay planned, but not re: campaign
5) Okay, but not meaningful or used
6) Collusion is not a crime
7) Can't collude if you don't know Putin
8) Repeat 6
9) Maybe *someone* colluded

Remember when....
-Chuck Schumer co-sponsored a bill to build a physical barrier along the border in 2013?
-Nancy Pelosi supported that bill?
-Obama piraised that bill as “the most aggressive border security plan in our history” before signing it?
-When Hillary Clinton supported a physical barrier along the border both when she was a senator and during the 2016 campaign?
-When suddenly they were all against a physical barrier along the border and Pelosi called it "immoral"?

This is one of the finest displays of Trump Derangement Syndrome, even better than when Obama tries to take credit for the economy's current success.
To be honest I don't think the wall is that good of an idea, mainly because unless it's properly manned its useless and if we have enough people to man it it becomes pretty much unnecessary.

Schumer's bill allocated $8b for 700mi of border barriers. Trump wants $5b for 700-900mi.
Eh that estimate is way too low, I came across an article from a civil engineer explaining in depth why it's too low. TL;DR version is that the bid is only to build the wall itself, not all the extra shit that goes into it like environmental assessment, making sure there is drainage to avoid flooding, etc...

Dozens of countries have border barriers. Example: Israel. Before they had a border wall, tens of thousands crossed the border illegally. After they built the wall, around a dozen. Not 1200 or 12000, but just 12 people. Walls work!!! They can't be our ONLY measure for border security but they absolutely help.
You are comparing countries of vastly different size and geography. Aside from the fact that I'm sure IDF patrols that wall much more frequently than our border patrol can (given current man power), Israel doesn't have big ass deserts along its border.

On the other side of the wall equation, it didn't work out for the Chinese ;)

All I'm saying is that building a wall by itself isn't going to make much of a difference, it has to be manned, the waterways have to be watched, the coast line has to be patrolled, etc...

That is not what Trump wants though. He has said more than once that every inch of the border should have a wall.

It doesn't matter though, this stunt is going to help sink him. His poll rating are dropping like an egg from a wall, he is losing advisors, and still has to deal with the investigation and the information that continues to come out.

I don't disagree that we need more than just the wall. But I also think that a wall is a must and would absolutely help border security efforts. Schumer, Pelosi, Obama, and Clinton all agreed with that at one point but now they've caught TDS and developed amnesia.

What if I told you it wasn't a good idea then and we now have a better idea of how to secure the border using technology, patrols, and other means that are far more effective, cheaper, and have a smaller impact on both the environment and surrounding communities?

How about we talk about Trump arranging the longest shutdown in American history because he is trying to save face. Or that The Border Wall was just used as an analogy by his staff to get him to talk about border security, President Bumblefuck took it literally and promised a concrete wall and that Mexico would cut a check for it. Now his pride can't let him walk back that stupidity; hell, he literally begged Mexico to say they are working with the US to pay for it so he could save face. Not for security, for his poll numbers.

I'm starting to think your Trump Derangement Syndrome is actually going the other way if you believe anything this man-child says. For fuck's sake, the FBI opened an investigation to see if he is a Russian agent! Remember when Trump said Hillary must be corrupt because the FBI was looking at her? Now he says the FBI is corrupt because they are looking at him.

I'm starting to think your Trump Derangement Syndrome is actually going the other way if you believe anything this man-child says. For fuck's sake, the FBI opened an investigation to see if he is a Russian agent! Remember when Trump said Hillary must be corrupt because the FBI was looking at her? Now he says the FBI is corrupt because they are looking at him.
It's pretty clear that FBI is owned by the Clinton's, wake up sheeple!