The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

It's hilarious how angry you get about Trump.

Direct quote from your President:

That's LESS mileage than what Schumer, Pelosi, and Obama supported just a few years ago!
During the campaign he promised a wall on-par with the Great Wall of China across the entire border.

Aug. 25, 2015
Reporter: How are you going to build a 1,900-mile wall?
Trump: Very easy. I’m a builder. That’s easy. I build buildings that are — can I tell you what’s more complicated? What’s more complicated is building a building that’s 95 stories tall. O.K.?​
Oct. 28, 2015
“As far as the wall is concerned, we’re going to build a wall. We’re going to create a border. We’re going to let people in, but they’re going to come in legally. They’re going to come in legally. And it’s something that can be done, and I get questioned about that. They built the Great Wall of China. That’s 13,000 miles. Here, we actually need 1,000 because we have natural barriers. So we need 1,000.” — Republican presidential debate
Dec. 2, 2015
“In our case, we need really 1,000 miles. It’s 2,000 miles, but some is natural borders, natural barriers which are pretty good, not as good as the wall but pretty good; you know what, let’s use it.” — Campaign rally in Manassas, Va.
Oct. 14, 2015
“If the wall costs $6 billion to build, and you know we’re talking about 1,000 miles, it’s 2,000, but you need it on 1,000. The Great Wall of China, think of it, is 13,000 miles.”​

Feb. 9, 2016
“The wall is probably $8 billion.” — Interview on MSNBC
How high is the wall again? What's it made of?

Jan. 16, 2016
“China built a wall that’s 13,000 miles long 2,000 years ago. My ambition is for ours to be much higher.” — Speech in Myrtle Beach, S.C.The height of the Great Wall of China averages 20 to 23 feet. Its tallest point is 46 feet.​
Feb. 9, 2016
“I’m talking about precasts going up probably 35 to 40 feet up in the air. That’s high. That’s a real wall.” — Interview on MSNBC
Feb. 12, 2016
“The wall just got 10 feet higher.” — Speech in Tampa, Fla., after the former Mexican president said Mexico would not pay for it.​
March 3, 2016
“But — and I used an example. And this isn’t necessarily what was said, but whatever was said, the wall’s 50 feet high. Is it going to be 45 feet or 40 feet? That could very well be. That could very well — he wants it to be higher.” — Republican presidential debate
March 30, 2016
Reporter: How high is this wall going to be lately? How high is it —
Mr. Trump: I think a good 35 feet. It’s getting higher all the time.
Town hall on MSNBC
Jan. 11, 2018
“If you have a wall this thick and it’s solid concrete from ground to 32 feet high, which is a high wall, much higher than people planned. You go 32 feet up and you don’t know who’s over here. You’re here, you’ve got the wall and there’s some other people here.” — Interview with The Wall Street Journal
How contiguous is the wall again?

Nov. 14, 2015
“People will come through the openings in that wall — we’ll have a few of them — and they’ll come in and they’re going to come in legally.” — Rally in Beaumont, Tex.​
"It's a fence" or is it?

Jan. 11, 2017
“On the fence — it’s not a fence. It’s a wall. You just misreported it.” — News conference in Manhattan

Is this 1984? Are we just pretending that the way it is today is the way it's always been?

And I'm the one humping through hoops to defend someone? You are, once again, completely wrong - Schumer's bill (that Pelosi and Obama supported) specifically called for a physical barrier along the border. Their hypocritical behavior is indefensible and you're so blinded by TDS that you're following along on a leash.

I could be wrong, I am just going from memory about such proposals. I am not jumping through any hoops. Don't accuse me of blindly following anyone, I see all sorts of wrong here, and McConnell is more to blame than anyone at this point. The Senate had already passed a bill that did not have funding for a wall, and now won't bring this to the floor until there is something that the President approves of.

@Lev, dude there was totally a Russia meeting, I just forgot to invite you :p

Both Don Jr., and the President himself have admitted to a meeting taking place. They did deny it at first of course. Then they said it was okay because they did not get anything from it, then it was not about the election at all, just adoptions.

I have some really spectacular wetlands in Arizona that is available, I can hold it for you if you give me a small deposit. :p

Blind, do you realize just how many of the quotes you posted contradict your assertions? A bunch of them are Trump saying that he does NOT want a full 2000mi wall. Also, lol @ complaining about the difference between a wall and a fence; that's just grasping at straws.
Was actually going to say that...

Blind, do you realize just how many of the quotes you posted contradict your assertions? A bunch of them are Trump saying that he does NOT want a full 2000mi wall. Also, lol @ complaining about the difference between a wall and a fence; that's just grasping at straws.

During the campaign he wanted the full wall; he ran on a border wall, he promised a full border wall, he even specified that the only openings in the wall would be "big, beautiful doors" - but even Trump can't decide what he wants, how big it is, how much it will cost, what it will be made of, etc. You said that he only ever wanted 500 miles of wall - this is not true and it has never been true; that 500 mile figure is just the latest number he's thrown out, tomorrow it will be another arbitrary number he pulled out of his ass.. Your Dealmaker in Chief keeps moving the goal posts and claiming they have always been there; this isn't the first time his administration has done this.

Hell, Trump is on video saying that he will own the shutdown, triggers the shutdown, then immediately blames the Democrats for his temper tantrum. Revisionist history is how this administration works.
Trump: "I never said that"
Cut to video of Trump saying exactly what he just denied saying.
Trump: "Fake news!"

I'm a little confused on that. Is it "fake news" when people report on the dumbass shit he says and does, or is it "fake news" when they report on him lying about having said or done it? This administration is the least truthful in history. That's not opinion, that's a fact, Trump and his team have said the most number of disprovable statements of any administration we've ever had. Hell, even the bookies managed to underestimate how much he lies.

During the campaign he wanted the full wall; he ran on a border wall, he promised a full border wall, he even specified that the only openings in the wall would be "big, beautiful doors" - but even Trump can't decide what he wants, how big it is, how much it will cost, what it will be made of, etc.
You are making me defend Trump, which I don't want to really do, but in the interest of fairness... There is not a single politician who has ever under promised and over delivered, you seem to hold Trump to a much higher standard than any other politician.

No, I'm holding Level to the truth. He said that Trump wanted a 500 mile long wall, I posted a page of quotes showing that was a lie. Trump's relationship with the truth (and reality) is tenuous at best. He said Trump never said he wanted a full length wall, when he literally campaigned on that very issue

And Buzzfeed made this statement:

In response to the statement tonight from the Special Counsel's spokesman: We stand by our reporting and the sources who informed it, and we urge the Special Counsel to make clear what he's disputing.

And they are still a better source of news than many of the right wing sites you have posted from.

Yes, look at the most recent ones. I did use the word have in that statement.

BuzzFeed is about as serious of a news outlet as a Vespa is a sport bike.
BuzzFeed has a lot of clickbait fluff to fund their investigative reporting arm. They've actually been the ones to break sone pretty significant stories.

You have used several alt right sources and been called on it. I am not going back and looking for your posts, they are bad enough to read the first time through.

You also make outlandish claims and don't cover them with anything more than your own opinion, so deal with it.

:rolleyes:

Whatever. Day 29 of the shutdown and no sign of any change in sight.